This Week in Battlefield V

This game needs better plane physics

LINKERBLOX
90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Planes never stall, dogfight is cancerous

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    They could literally just undo that last planes patch. It’s astonishing how badly they *violation* it up
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • LINKERBLOX
    edited April 26
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    They could literally just undo that last planes patch. It’s astonishing how badly they ****ed it up

Ikr, when i wanted realistic planes i didnt mean *violation* manueverability
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • PrecisionWing
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    They could literally just undo that last planes patch. It’s astonishing how badly they ****ed it up

That's one ez and effective solution, but it wont happen, since by reversing the whole thing, you are asking dice to acknowledge their failure, they just wont do that.
    My guess is they may find a reason to improve it, maybe add some of these and remove some of those.
    After all of patches, my expectation for them are low.
  • Masqerader
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    First they came for the bombs/rocket
    Then they came for the machine guns
    And finally plane physics

But infantry can die, change class, spawn on a teammate and start shooting panzerschreck 6 seconds later

• StealthAria
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LINKERBLOX How about how planes always feel like they're zooming around at mach 7 because motion blur won't turn off and 90% of ground targets don't render in until you're within 70m?

There are problems with the current physics but I actually prefer them over the old physics, you don't need to hit your altitude limit to perform gravity turns anymore.  I do wish they'd make it so barrel rolls worked right though, the rudder flap doesn't have nearly enough authority on direction of travel (had a Blenheim pointed nearly 90°off direction of travel the other day) and you currently gain way too much speed from any form of dive.

The landing gear needs to be fixed too, it gets stowed but the collision boxes don't change.  It's really annoying when you think you've cleared a house and then find yourself upside-down in the attic because the stowed landing gear caught the peak more than a meter below the lowest point of your propeller(s).
    On the topic, the balance for a lot of the planes is off, when you manage to land them they end up with their nose in the dirt no matter how perfectly you land.
  • mf_shro0m
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LINKERBLOX How about how planes always feel like they're zooming around at mach 7 because motion blur won't turn off and 90% of ground targets don't render in until you're within 70m?

There are problems with the current physics but I actually prefer them over the old physics, you don't need to hit your altitude limit to perform gravity turns anymore.  I do wish they'd make it so barrel rolls worked right though, the rudder flap doesn't have nearly enough authority on direction of travel (had a Blenheim pointed nearly 90°off direction of travel the other day) and you currently gain way too much speed from any form of dive.

The landing gear needs to be fixed too, it gets stowed but the collision boxes don't change.  It's really annoying when you think you've cleared a house and then find yourself upside-down in the attic because the stowed landing gear caught the peak more than a meter below the lowest point of your propeller(s).
    On the topic, the balance for a lot of the planes is off, when you manage to land them they end up with their nose in the dirt no matter how perfectly you land.

They should just add the new gravity diving system to the old manoeuvrability system but reduce the diving speed bonus

Et voila
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn’t like it at first but I’m so used to it know I can’t really remember what it was like before. I get plenty of kills in the air still. I think what I notice the most still is that the rockets are nerfed pretty bad against infantry
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just stopped flying and I think many others did too (because the planes slots are often unused). It is just not fun when all planes fly like bombers.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    I just stopped flying and I think many others did too (because the planes slots are often unused). It is just not fun when all planes fly like bombers.

I've actually taken it a step further and quit playing altogether.
    The plane screw-up...err..."fix" was the last straw.
    After five months, the game is more frustrating than fun.
    The gameplay is too fast, TTK too fast, and ADD players bouncing side-to-side is ridiculous.
    Netcode is still horrible.
    Vehicles really suck, and now planes suck.
    Too few maps are available, and the future roadmap is lackluster at best.
    At this rate, I don't think BFV will ever become fun for me again.
    I find it ironic that the most recent mode is called Grind, as it just proves the move towards braindead CoD-style gamplay and also describes the overall experience of playing the game.

• mf_shro0m
    I didn’t like it at first but I’m so used to it know I can’t really remember what it was like before. I get plenty of kills in the air still. I think what I notice the most still is that the rockets are nerfed pretty bad against infantry

It really shouldn’t be about whether or not you can do well with the new system and should be about whether or not the system benefits gameplay
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they could take the War Thunder physics and put them into this game.
    I played a lot of that before jumping into BFV and the planes on here just feel pathetically goofy.
    So much so that I don't even bother with them.
  • LINKERBLOX
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I wish they could take the War Thunder physics and put them into this game.
    I played a lot of that before jumping into BFV and the planes on here just feel pathetically goofy.
    So much so that I don't even bother with them.

Yeah, i want exactly that, but peiple will complain a bit so we gotta work on that
  • SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Air physics has gone down hill since BF3, but it has never been as bad as in BFV. Don't quite understand why they have chosen to make it so different.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know something is majorly screwed up when bombers can out-turn fighters.