Most of the communities issues are self inflicted

aRrAyStArTaT0
786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 26
I continue to see this over and over. Day after day. Post after post.

The same old argument. "I gave them money so I deserve a product" or "I hate this game because of XYZ." There's significant flaws in those arguments and they're not very hard to see.

I don't get it. You, yourself, paid for a product. You paid for it, as is, and strapped yourself into the future development of the game for the future updates and patches. You paid for it. You, for whatever reason, thought the game was worth however much you paid for it, at the time you paid for it. You thought the game was worth $80 before it even came out and now you think it's worth less than $20? Well too bad, now you're out $60+ because you made a bad choice. That's life. That's the market. How many times do we have to tell you NOT to preorder? You put in the money thinking one day it would potentially be worth what you spent.

To go off of this, you even decided to preorder from a company who's last few games weren't such hits. Battlefront 2? Battlefront 1? Anyone remember those? Remember how forgotten and how failed those games were?

To go off that, notice how they got significantly better with time? Notice how a year after Battlefront 2's disastrous release, it's a great game that many enjoy somewhat regularly? Ever notice how literally every DICE game ever has had a bad launch.
BF4? The game that's hailed so highly here? Horrid launch. You couldn't even play some maps without it crashing when it loaded. BF1, significant network and server issues. BF3 also contained lots of issues around servers and glitches. That is until they FIXED THEM!

I will never understand this community. For a group that is willing to spend $80 before the game even hits store shelves, willing to complain about a game like it's the worst thing since WWI, yet is still willing to put sometimes dozens of days worth and still plays regularly and is willing to go through it all again for the next game is astounding. They're willing to bash literally everything about the game, say they're done with it, claim they're quitting the whole nine yards, yet will still pick up the controller and play another round daily. Those people that constantly say that DICE is bad and they refuse to support DICE yet continue to play are an absolute psychology case to me.

Why are those that are so willing to go through what is self described as "The worst experience ever in a video game" (which I can pretty much guarantee that's not true) continuously? Is it addiction? The want to prove themselves wrong? The sunk cost fallacy? There's no reason why, in my mind, that people would want to willingly put themselves through something that makes them so angry so often when they're supposed to be playing a GAME. It's a freaking game. Calm down. Walk away if you're not having a good time. It's irrational to stay and play if you're not enjoying yourself.

End speech.

Comments

• UraniumReaper
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Soooo.. EA is the victim here? 

No, he is saying most of the people played themselves. EA is still guilty of their issues too but paying for a product before it's even a real thing is the fault of the buyers and then complaining about it is seriously concerning to me. These people seem unable to take responsibility for their misplaced trust and bad financial choices.
  • G-Gnu
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP it depends what you mean with "you paid for it and it you own damn fault " 
    If you mean that ppl should have know better then to expect a finished product from DICE  , you are right.
    If you mean that if ppl should not expect a finished product when they paid for it you are totally wrong.
    With finished i mean a product that are without graphical bugs, startup bugs, core game bugs , a working and so forth. 
    Balancing and stuff , changing stuff on maps will always be something that needs to be done after the release to som extent.
    And not every one here did buy the game for $80 , still if you think that stuff would be better if no one complained at all then you are wrong there too.
    Imo if ppl stopped complaining about stuff they think is wrong , then they stopped caring and when they stopped caring it is really finished.
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that many, if not the majority, who complain generally like the game, at least the core aspects of it. Then they have issues with this and that and they turn up the drama to 11 when posting even if mostly it is about things that are just slightly annoying (or VERY annoying but for a very small period of time, like when you get stuck on something stupid and die.). Often this is done in some kind of hope that EA/DICE will listen but I think the insults and general exaggerations just makes them ignore those posts.

• Hawxxeye
    5210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here battle(non)sense makes a case about how cerrain executive decisions damaged the bf communities

• spartanx169x
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    OP it depends what you mean with "you paid for it and it you own damn fault " 
    If you mean that ppl should have know better then to expect a finished product from DICE  , you are right.
    If you mean that if ppl should not expect a finished product when they paid for it you are totally wrong.With finished i mean a product that are without graphical bugs, startup bugs, core game bugs , a working and so forth. 
    Balancing and stuff , changing stuff on maps will always be something that needs to be done after the release to som extent.
    And not every one here did buy the game for $80 , still if you think that stuff would be better if no one complained at all then you are wrong there too.Imo if ppl stopped complaining about stuff they think is wrong , then they stopped caring and when they stopped caring it is really finished.

Generally speaking you are spot on. However the reality is EA has a history of releasing games that require significant work to be playable. My point being , Anybody that buys an EA game expecting it to work with no problems at launch is setting themselves up for disappointment, particularly if they are aware of the BF4 launch. That was the last BF game I preordered and I have missed nothing as a result. I purchased both BFHL and BFV at half price and no additional money spent on them. I put 60 hrs into both and got my money’s worth. I will say I wish I had played HL more. I miss that game. But BFV seems to have been more of an exercise in frustration more than anything else. I have no reason to think I will think fondly of it a couple of years from now.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Here battle(non)sense makes a case about how cerrain executive decisions damaged the bf communities

Honestly, the lack of rsp isn't the biggest flaw of bfv.
  • PackersDK
    697 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So basically what the OP is saying is; don’t have expectations? And if you’re let down, it’s certainly not Dice’ fault because everyone knows the first 6 months is a beta test? Okay then. 

The number of players, and even forumers, that fit the description of the OPs long text, narrowing as his text grows longer, is very small.

Therefor perhaps the OP should take his own advice, and approach the forum the same way as he wants some people to regard the game. Don’t click on whiny threads. Ignore whiny posts. Calm down. It’s just a forum. 
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefront 2, a great game that many people enjoy regularly?

Yes, literally 10s and 10s of people.

But I agree with OP that no one should ever expect anything from DICE and EA. I was fooled because BF1 was fun and stable. I thought it was a sign of improvement, more fool me.
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All these "issues" are self inflicted by EA/Dice,blaming the community is a cop out and does nothing but detract/obfuscate the real issue and thats the EA/Dice top brass forcing their leftist political views/opinions into the game,not only alienating gamers but also insulting anyone who dared not agree with them forcing their politics into games.

Consumers and those who care about the future of this franchise have every right to complain imo.

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    G-Gnu said:
    OP it depends what you mean with "you paid for it and it you own <redacted> fault " 
    If you mean that if ppl should not expect a finished product when they paid for it you are totally wrong.
    With finished i mean a product that are without graphical bugs, startup bugs, core game bugs , a working and so forth. 
    And not every one here did buy the game for $80 , still if you think that stuff would be better if no one complained at all then you are wrong there too.
    Imo if ppl stopped complaining about stuff they think is wrong , then they stopped caring and when they stopped caring it is really finished.
    Hey, umm I didn't say anything of the sort. That was my general message though, but I didn't say what you're quoting me on. Please change that or something. moderation is very tight about language and I did not say that.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I owe DICE and EA a big apology for ruining the Battlefield experience. I'm really sorry. I promise to never buy another EA product or Origin subscription in hopes that the franchise can recover from my destructive actions.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    I guess I owe DICE and EA a big apology for ruining the Battlefield experience. I'm really sorry. I promise to never buy another EA product or Origin subscription in hopes that the franchise can recover from my destructive actions.
    Please don't mistake the words I put on this forum for that instance. I'm simply saying that if you purchased the game in such a bad state when it's well known that it's in a such bad state (or even before release), it's your own fault. EA isn't without their problems, of course, but at this point, you're misunderstanding the post entirely.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    Soooo.. EA is the victim here? 

No, he is saying most of the people played themselves. EA is still guilty of their issues too but paying for a product before it's even a real thing is the fault of the buyers and then complaining about it is seriously concerning to me. These people seem unable to take responsibility for their misplaced trust and bad financial choices.
    And to make it even weirder, they continue to play. Day after day, hour after hour. They are still out there playing. Those people that say they've sold their Xbox because it's not a good game are not only over dramatic about the state of a game, but are also lying considering 3rd party stat trackers say they last played less than a week ago.
  • VOLBANKER
    880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    Yes, BF4 etc. got fixed, but now we got this Live Service for BF5 instead of paid DLC. Many people including myself are sceptical about EA’s plans for BF5 for that reason. Will they indeed spend $$$ to fix the issues with BF5, add a ton of new maps etc. when this may not make sense financially? At least in the short term. Or will EA accept further costs for improvement of BF5 because they see it as an investment in the future of the franchise? Only time will tell.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You learn something new every day, blocking a poster doesn't block his posts, just the replies.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    All you're doing is trolling and it's obvious, I haven't misunderstood a thing.
    Ahh. The troll accusations. Seconded only by hackusations. Great.
This discussion has been closed.