I might have to quit - I keep getting worse

PrairieGeek
365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I loved this game at the start despite being frustrated by the same as everyone else. The wall kills and such. But it seems like the more I play, the worse I get. I really can't figure it out. The best I have been able to do in the past 2 weeks is 4-3 finish. Usually I am 1-11 3-18. I just can't get it together. Even took a couple weeks off and played other stuff.

I don't know. maybe it is just time to hang it up.

Comments

• DCAT627
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lay down behind a machine gun watching a path the enemy will come down in breakthrough or frontlines.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First i would ask what your settings are. View and sensitivity especially. Then i would want to know your understanding of the skill trees for each weapon. Typically one side is good for ads and other hipfire.

I could help you out or better understand how to improve as i've improved 10fold over start of bf1.

Add me same name on psn if you like.
  • blindsniper63
    2552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I loved this game at the start despite being frustrated by the same as everyone else. The wall kills and such. But it seems like the more I play, the worse I get. I really can't figure it out. The best I have been able to do in the past 2 weeks is 4-3 finish. Usually I am 1-11 3-18. I just can't get it together. Even took a couple weeks off and played other stuff.

Have been wandering where you have been m8, i'm the same way as i never seem to do as well as BF1.Really missing my MP18, i've tried different settings but to no avail at the moment as some games you seem to do ok then the next game you can't hit nothing. Vehicle hunting is the only way to go.
    Maybe dice should have put some bots in the shooting range? come join us shortly m8 BTS all the way.
  • mollyfrank1
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've hung up BF5 several times but keep coming back as I hope it or I might get better. but no same old things happen which the dice stooges defend. keeping an eye out for another game but nothing seen yet. when it does BF5 can GGF.
  • RedFarfisa
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I've found is this game is EXTREMELY sensitive to your internet speeds -more than any other game I've played. Ours varies a lot so some days I'm at the top of the scoreboard and other days I suck SO BAD I have to quit...
  • maskedocelot
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it's a lag thing I've no idea.

In terms of playing, just play the same way you did on previous versions and you should find it still works. Flanking and moving about to make yourself hard to hit should help. It may be worth looking at specs and trying diff weps if you haven't played in a while coz they changed a couple of guns in the patches, so for me after the recoil changes to semi autos I changed my gewehr 43 to the accuracy specs away from better reload to get it to act the same way as pre patch and I much prefer to have the crappy reload but original accuracy.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    topping the leaderboard, 5/6 k/d, hitting every shot then next round BOOM negative k/d, can't shoot the side of a barn and bottom half of the leaderboard - same server.

I predominantly play at night when the family are not using the Internet, hardwired, decent Internet connection.

This game is very fragile and sensitive, more so than bf1.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Have been wandering where you have been m8, i'm the same way as i never seem to do as well as BF1.Really missing my MP18, i've tried different settings but to no avail at the moment as some games you seem to do ok then the next game you can't hit nothing. Vehicle hunting is the only way to go.
    Maybe dice should have put some bots in the shooting range? come join us shortly m8 BTS all the way.

Yeah miss playing with BTS. Only see you Europe fellows on and the connection really hurts if I join those. Had a good group in the US but they all quit for other games
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    topping the leaderboard, 5/6 k/d, hitting every shot then next round BOOM negative k/d, can't shoot the side of a barn and bottom half of the leaderboard - same server.

I predominantly play at night when the family are not using the Internet, hardwired, decent Internet connection.

Yep, agree with that. Even in BF1 I suspected there was some kind of handicap system as I never had two good games in a row.
    BFV feels very bandwidth reliant, chuck in some horror show net code and it can all get very voodoo pretty quick.

• blindsniper63
    2552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah miss playing with BTS. Only see you Europe fellows on and the connection really hurts if I join those. Had a good group in the US but they all quit for other games

Old man down plays everyday m8, also man with a box
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

This happens to me often...like every 3 or 4 games but it does only seem to happen when my team is on a win streak. Almost like "hey this team is winning too much so let's make sure they can't hit anything for a game". Once that game is over it's back to normal killing again.

I've seen it where 3 of us in TDM top the boards with 20+ kills for multiple games in a row then bam, none of us can even get to .500 for one game. Then miraculously after that one game, it's back to normal again. IT happens time and time again. When it does, I just grab my MMG/LMG and lay down :)
    Post edited by Leetch002_mtdrh on
  • Jarp75
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:

Welcome to the club! This is the same experience I have. Sometimes it´s also daywise, one day it runs perfect and I run high k/d´s the next day you hit nothing, even aim assist on ps4 seems of.
  • eviljguano
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm so much better than I was at launch, have 2 solo wins in Firestorm, which I thought would never happen, but yes sometimes you do get beast'ed, bear in mind it's the Easter holidays and there are probably some sweaty kids in your lobby! I'm still (very) slowly getting my KD back up after my utter poopiness in the opening weeks… 
  • msob2nd
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don’t care !!!! What some of their consumers Are saying about this half made game .if they cared They would fix the game . it’s-all about getting as much Money from a game as they can . And the money that ea paid dice to make this game .
    Ea did not get what they paid for

And what takes the cake .is that as consumers .They want us to tell them what’s wrong with the game. to tell them
    We’re the bugs are in the game .that should have been done before the game came out .that’s what dice should have done. ea paid them To make a game .if I have do their job by tell them we’re the bugs are in the game .Then we’re is my check!!!!!!!!

I have been a big supporter of the battlefield franchise and spent A lot Of money on this franchise being a premium pass member I think I speak for everybody that they just want a quality game That people spend quality money on

This game is 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
  • Trokey66
    9085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    topping the leaderboard, 5/6 k/d, hitting every shot then next round, Trokey66 joins my squad and BOOM negative k/d, can't shoot the side of a barn and bottom half of the leaderboard - same server.

Fixed it for you.
  • James_Quick68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been a bit frustrated lately, especially with the Grind mode being the only Conquest mode I can get into. Seems like I spawn in and can't get my bearings before I'm gunned down. I feel overall I've gotten better at things like flanking, and not shooting at everything in sight just because I can. I have gotten to a point where I usually break even on kills/deaths, and once had a 22/12 game, which was impressive for me. My one reasoning for my bad play has been I have 1.5mbps internet. Basic DSL. In 10 days I'm being upgraded to fiber optic 300mbps, so I'll have to find a different excuse for crappy play  :)
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suck hard at the game but love the play.  Playing with BTS is a blast.  Also, my game doesn’t improve if I’m on US or EU servers with lag and those EU guys are tons of fun.  I suck but I don’t camp prone with an mag.  I PTO and revive with a crappy K/D ratio and still top a lot of players (which I don’t really care about).  We all want to do well but for me it’s about the fun of playing and laughing with platoon mates.  I often get told as a medic I’m crazy for some dangerous revives.  So what if I die, I’ll respawn and all will be well again.  Have fun.
  • PrairieGeek
    I get told the same when I go medic.
  • dustylamborghini
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First of all: Always play with a wired connection. Never trust a Wi-Fi signal for gaming.
    Though server ping does not eliminate frustrating deaths (main problem, I would say), it does ensure best possible hit detection when hunting a more positive K/D. A wired connection would have the highest probability to maintain low and stable ping. Not saying there aren't exceptions. But the idea is you're experiencing issues like the OP.

Second: For me Battlefield V is a positive re-shuffling of Battlefield 1, putting even more focus on cooperation within and between squads.
    This means, now more than ever, especially if things aren't working out the way you want, that you are in need of good squad mates.
    Most of our platoon stayed on from BF1, and with 30+ members this means I can almost always join or be joined by some of the most tremendously awesome, funny and dedicated players that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting online.
    And, now that all members of the squad can revive one another there is a greater chance than ever to be able to maintain a positive K/D, not to mention a good mood.
    We all know the technical issues of BF are more than enough to ruin any given gaming session, perhaps sometimes even whole days in the rest of your life outside the game... But with good cooperation comes so many positive things. You're more relaxed when you know you can make mistakes and someone's there to help you out. And you cannot be stressed out and frustrated when trying to find your groove, if you still haven't been able to. My hope for all would be that you eventually look at the scoreboard after bleeding out for the hundredfortyeleventh time and realize you've been revived so many times that this was actually just one of your first deaths in the match. This is something that can only happen when playing with a dedicated squad, I would say. And it changed the way I feel about the entire game.

Third and last: The setup of gun specializations are critical! Before I unlocked extended mag for the Thomson (medic class) I was lost. And that's ten+ classes to get to, so you can imagine the frustration. (Though, my platoon was there to back me up, give me tips and just keep me going, so it was quite easy)
    The weapons of BFV are vastly different from those in BF1, and you mustn't get locked into old ideas. I found myself rocking a shotgun, just slaying, a couple of games - which is not at all what I normally am capable of. But others in the platoon have confirmed that that exact thing is true for them too; many previously obsolete weapon types now work very well with different play styles.
    So... Experiment with all classes, weapons and weapon specializations.

Also, a good friend of mine won't let me send this without pointing out that numerous server changes might be necessary in order to get a good experience. This is maybe considered cumbersome and perhaps even not a real thing by some, but there are those who maintain its validity. And I have found myself on teams that keep under performing as a whole, making the entire session a disaster... Until a server change.

And make sure you play on days you have your full mental capacity available, so as to have a baseline for future reference.
    Anyway... That's all. Hang in there! Don't give up!
  • KaasWoljaap
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    topping the leaderboard, 5/6 k/d, hitting every shot then next round, Trokey66 joins my squad and BOOM negative k/d, can't shoot the side of a barn and bottom half of the leaderboard - same server.

Fixed it for you.

I lol'd at this Trokey.
    But yeah, I agree with Prep. Sometimes servers do just tank for some unknown reason