DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recent questionable stats.
    7th on leaderboard for KDR.
    63.46 KDR.
    9.36 Kills per minute with Lewis Gun.
    7.4 Kills per minute, regular.
    27 rounds played.
    Last played, 4/3/2019.

9th on leaderboard for KDR.
    60.31 KDR.
    8.94 kills per minute with Lewis Gun.
    6.74 kills per minute, regular.
    59 rounds played.
    7 solo wins, 0 solo losses, firestorm.
    Last played 4/1/2019

14th on leaderboard for KDR.
    46.51 KDR.
    42 Kills per minute with Bren gun.
    (12 shots hit, 42 kills).
    100 rounds played.
    Last Played 4/4/2019

• Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Those are "Pro" players! LOL
    Seems legit to me! LOL
    You just need to git gud! LOL

Yeah as everyone can see, the anti-cheat system seems to allow this type of play and that is why people did not buy this game and the ones that did have stopped playing it. 
    I am so looking forward to all the empty promises of the next EA game that I won't be purchasing.

• GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Many of us certainly hoped that yesterday's update had been the surprise of a functioning anticheat ....
    And finally see the game CLEAN.
    Huge disappointment when it turned out that it was only about money greed ......
    Battlefield has always been an elegant game even in the way the uniforms were worn.
    Now, even if no one felt the need, skins are put on sale that make the game look like a village fair or the circus.
    Everything has been reduced to a couple of maps in Europe and some in Africa ..... German versus English.
    and all the Pacific? American, Italian, Japanese, French soldiers? and many others ...

• togusa901
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This Anti Cheat system and EA's response to complaints are an absolute joke! I got banned about a week ago, for what appears to me no valid reason. EA stated TOS violation but then doesn't explain the circumstances behind the ban with zero chances for me to defend myself or appeal or earn reinstatement . Just an email saying thankyou for your money, point the finger at me for cheating and don't play this game ever again!

I'm a veteran player since BC2, casual and mediocre at that! my stats alone will tell you how cr*p I am!, but for some reason the hammer fell on me and I have no clues as to why. EA think its ok just to ban me with no explanation beyond a cheating accusation. 

"
    We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account."

now as I have no doubt the internet will pass judgement on me and this post! but lets just say I really do feel unfairly treated with an unjust ban! and I know I don't and have never cheated! 
    how can I get my account back?

There doesn't seem to be any way of getting ANY information and no way of redemption. 

I refuse to let this go! If I have legitimately violated something without knowing... then tell me!!! give me a chance to correct it! 

This instant permanent  ban with no evidence is out of order!

anyone else managed to get their account back after unjustly loosing it?

• HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recent questionable stats.
    7th on leaderboard for KDR.
    63.46 KDR.
    9.36 Kills per minute with Lewis Gun.
    7.4 Kills per minute, regular.
    27 rounds played.
    Last played, 4/3/2019.

9th on leaderboard for KDR.
    60.31 KDR.
    8.94 kills per minute with Lewis Gun.
    6.74 kills per minute, regular.
    59 rounds played.
    7 solo wins, 0 solo losses, firestorm.
    Last played 4/1/2019

14th on leaderboard for KDR.
    46.51 KDR.
    42 Kills per minute with Bren gun.
    (12 shots hit, 42 kills).
    100 rounds played.
    Last Played 4/4/2019

I can see that anti cheating is a really big priority. Those players are just Leet.  Let me guess - they all play on PC? 
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well its been over 2 months now. Surely EA has heard and done something about their **** poor anti-cheat right??

• GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Someone post video with obvious NO-RECOIL of MG42,
     even here in the forum ......
    and that's okay ??

• PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last blog they shared in regard to cheating/hacking was hilarious. Basically they told us it's too hard to catch the cheaters and that reporting them won't do any good.

They took no responsibility for the shortcomings (or compete absence) of their anti-cheat protocols. It was an amazing blog.

You couldn't even provide a link?
  • Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Discussion requires communication between 2 parties. So far all I see are players talking and ea/dice not saying anything

Yeah i dont get that either.

"DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V"

1.who are you?
    2.what is your Anti-Cheat approach to Battlefield V?

If a player that i reported gets banned, why dont i get some feedback?
    "A player you recently reported got banned for cheating." or "Player XY you recently reported got banned for cheating."
    THIS is the absolute minimum. This feedback about anti-cheat activity would help a lot.
    in the current state it can only feel like there is no activity whatsoever. and its really frustrating.

• togusa901
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Discussion requires communication between 2 parties. So far all I see are players talking and ea/dice not saying anything

Yeah i dont get that either.

"DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V"

1.who are you?
    2.what is your Anti-Cheat approach to Battlefield V?

If a player that i reported gets banned, why dont i get some feedback?
    "A player you recently reported got banned for cheating." or "Player XY you recently reported got banned for cheating."
    THIS is the absolute minimum. This feedback about anti-cheat activity would help a lot.
    in the current state it can only feel like there is no activity whatsoever. and its really frustrating.

Well as someone that was banned for supposedly "cheating" we get no feed back ether no matter how hard we try. We just get told we committed an act that violated their TOS and that's it. We get nothing to explain what they found when they investigate. We don't get told how they found the violation, nothing!
    They aren't going to give anyone anything no matter what side of the fence you are. 

As Someone trying to fight to get my account back as per the hundreds of people that feel they where unjustly banned. We have no way of getting info and no way of disputing the matter. People need to be very mindful who they point the hammer at, as once taken, it will not and can not be given back. 

Given my experience on it. I know I haven't done anything, but they feel I did. They wont under no circumstances give me any information on what happened. Once they have made up their minds, you will never play that account again on that game. 

So you may feel frustrated, sitting there playing the game and not getting information on people that you have smote, imagine the frustration and anger of the people at the other end who genuinely don't cheat, yet get tarred with the same brush as people who do hack and crack accounts. 

The Team in charge of the ban hammer are very well insulated from the outside world. No one at EA outside of the TOS team have any access or control over what they do. its a sealed process. 

• Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    togusa901 wrote: »
    ...to get my account back...

dunno if or what u've done and I also know it doesn't help but...
    just read the EULA it't their account not yours and they can and will do with it whatever they want
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    togusa901 wrote: »
    ...to get my account back...

dunno if or what u've done and I also know it doesn't help but...
    just read the EULA it't their account not yours and they can and will do with it whatever they want
    If they did that to me in Australia I would be taking EA to the Consumer Tribunal. If you pay for something they can just remove that arbitrarly from you
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 27
    hmn dunno if that would help when they say u behave against TOS
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are ways to be banned other than using a hack, EA has a long list of things they don't like including harassing other players, offering to sell your EA account, impersonating an EA employee and so on.  However I agree they should have to tell you what it is you've supposedly done as it's hard to defend yourself against an accusation that you are not allowed to see.  Unfairly banned players in countries with strong consumer protection laws should be filing complaints with the appropriate govt. agencies, that might get EA's attention. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12643 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GenCuster said:
    Someone post video with obvious NO-RECOIL of MG42,
     even here in the forum ......
    and that's okay ??

No,  It is not OK.
  • GirthQQuakes
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FIX YOUR BROKEN ANTI CHEAT!!! 

The game is useless right now on pc. Do something. Your product is broken.
This discussion has been closed.