Squad conquest is BACK. Aaaaand nothing changed...

CaptHotah
1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I was blown away when i got back into squad conquest just to see THAT IT HAS THE SAME 3 MAPS IT HAD MONTHS AGO. 
Why? What did it took you months to bring it back if you have changed absolutely NOTHING about it?? 

Comments

• DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly believe this is the beginning of them doing a rotation of the "limited time" modes that have already been done. I could be wrong though, I was also looking forward to trying it out on some different maps.
  • superteds
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    people whinge that dice takes away squad conquest

dice brings back squad conquest

people whinge that nothing changed

fml
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But nothing was promised. They just brought the mode back. 
    But more stuff will come later for it.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Big missed opportunity to expand the maps for Squad Conquest.  Devastation, Aerodrome and Panzerstorm, around C and D Forest area would have been top banana - and not with pizza.
  • 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    CaptHotah said:
    I was blown away when i got back into squad conquest just to see THAT IT HAS THE SAME 3 MAPS IT HAD MONTHS AGO. 
    Why? What did it took you months to bring it back if you have changed absolutely NOTHING about it?? 
    The community is not large enough to run the game modes constantly. Lets say half of the people playing conquest prefer other game modes. Lets say all those other game modes are running, and now those people are playing in those servers instead. Well there's only 4 or 5 active servers in conquest to begin with. Now you're down to 2 conquest servers. I know this changes on the weekend, but for the most part, this game is pretty dead. Between firestorm, and other other game modes, the community is already pretty split. The lack of community is the fault of the absurd marketing decisions, and the fault of the publisher for giving developers bonuses for getting certain review scores instead of whether or not the game is competitive in a saturated industry. Developers know what the reviewers want, and they make games for them instead of us. If a Battlefield game gets a 95% metacritic review score, but only sells 1,000 copies, the developers will actually get paid more than if the game sells a million copies, but only gets a 50% metacritic review score. You can find articles online from 2012 that predicted this would destroy the industry. And I'm fairly certain that prediction is coming true. That's why you continue to see developers pushing certain tropes even though the players backlash against them. It's because the reviewers like those tropes, and those tropes get them good review scores, which give them bonuses. They're not really focused on what YOU want anymore. The tech industry as a whole has always been very clever with regard to using algorithms and finding ways to extract resources from investors, shareholders, consumers, etc. It's pretty nasty stuff. In the end this is basically what you get now. The games don't last , because they're not designed to last. They're designed to extract resources from investors, shareholders and consumers. Typically this would destroy their reputation. However, they've even found ways to manipulate that as well. That's not isolated to this franchise or EA. Most games are like this now. As much as it stinks, it's probably best to just play the games that have massive communities, even if you like them less. They're far less annoying than games you really like, but are created by people with a backward philosophy.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 players are dropping like flies because the experience is not good or fun. Old players are very split and fading and the few new bf people pretty much hate it. Even the YouTube warriors are growing tired of Dice and the lack of any real content and those guys/girls are practically sponsored advertisers for the game.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the idea is to rotate modes to keep the game fresh and to ensure an audience for them.  But execution is poor.   It is just sort of random.  And just a dip their toes in the water approach so far.

They should feature 1  less popular mode at a time and then rotate them every few hours or every day etc and publish the schedule so everyone knows what is being featured when.  

The effect of it all would keep the game fresh and keep the lesser modes alive and thriving with as many players as possible.  

In BF1 they could have kept a lot of the lesser modes alive by doing this sort of thing.  

By featuring so many modes at a time you just split the audience so much that a lot of the modes just end up dying out pretty quickly.  You see empty or almost empty servers or matchmaking becomes too long which only further turns people away.