TTK

Pisos_Tigra
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Give us mode with low TTK, I can't play this game with current TTK

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The netcode is mostly to blame here, game cant handle this fast TTK.
  • 5hadyBrady
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not going to change. The developers have pandered to both sides of this debate, and now no matter which direction they take the game, it annoys exactly 50% of the community.
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    It's not going to change. The developers have pandered to both sides of this debate, and now no matter which direction they take the game, it annoys exactly 50% of the community.

more like 10% or less if you looked through the posts in that thread about ttk feedback.  almost every reply wanted the fast ttk back.
  • Pisos_Tigra
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    the network code can, you just need to increase the damage from hits, there is no need to change the tickrate. I am a programmer and do not need to teach me pls :wink:

• G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    the network code can, you just need to increase the damage from hits, there is no need to change the tickrate. I am a programmer and do not need to teach me pls :wink:

Sounds reasonable , make all weapons mini nukes. Solves the problem :wink:
  • 5hadyBrady
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

more like 10% or less if you looked through the posts in that thread about ttk feedback.  almost every reply wanted the fast ttk back.
    You're wrong. 10% of the dedicated players wanted the fast TTK back. The entire reason they raised it in the first place is because they were investigating what caused a massive amount of players to buy the game and stop playing. One of the complaints they got the most was "I die too fast". Developers don't just go and make massive changes to the gameplay mechanics over less than 10%. Now why that's the case is an entirely different subject. The netcode was obviously causing damage to be dealt all at once instead of the way it's supposed to be. Also, the TTK is definitely lower in this game than it was in BF1. Then you have people cheating on the PC version of this game with weapon buffs, and other misc. cheats that make the TTK seem too low as well. I barley play this game anymore because of the cheating on the PC side. Not just aimbots, buffs, or ESP anymore. There's some kind of level of detail trick people are using to increase visibility that gives them a massive advantage. The videos detailing how to use that exploit have been uploaded by the largest BF channels on youtube , and has been seen by millions of people. It takes all of 5 seconds to set up your BFV to give you cheat-like levels of visibility, and it's free. PC gaming is going to die if developers don't figure this crap out. I've never owned a console in my life, and I'm getting really close to buying one. Maybe Nvidia or the people who sell PC hardware will finally be incentivized to mitigate some of the cheating on PC once people stop building gaming computers. I don't know why anybody would spend $2,000 on a gaming PC when some kid with a $150 lenovo thinkpad can go around wrecking everybody with  LOD exploit.
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You're wrong. 10% of the dedicated players wanted the fast TTK back. The entire reason they raised it in the first place is because they were investigating what caused a massive amount of players to buy the game and stop playing. One of the complaints they got the most was "I die too fast". Developers don't just go and make massive changes to the gameplay mechanics over less than 10%. Now why that's the case is an entirely different subject. The netcode was obviously causing damage to be dealt all at once instead of the way it's supposed to be. Also, the TTK is definitely lower in this game than it was in BF1. Then you have people cheating on the PC version of this game with weapon buffs, and other misc. cheats that make the TTK seem too low as well. I barley play this game anymore because of the cheating on the PC side. Not just aimbots, buffs, or ESP anymore. There's some kind of level of detail trick people are using to increase visibility that gives them a massive advantage. The videos detailing how to use that exploit have been uploaded by the largest BF channels on youtube , and has been seen by millions of people. It takes all of 5 seconds to set up your BFV to give you cheat-like levels of visibility, and it's free. PC gaming is going to die if developers don't figure this crap out. I've never owned a console in my life, and I'm getting really close to buying one. Maybe Nvidia or the people who sell PC hardware will finally be incentivized to mitigate some of the cheating on PC once people stop building gaming computers. I don't know why anybody would spend $2,000 on a gaming PC when some kid with a $150 lenovo thinkpad can go around wrecking everybody with  LOD exploit.

nah dude.  no one has the exact number except for dice in that thread where they asked if people like the slower ttk.  but if you went through the pages and looked at what the majority of people said, it was that they wanted the fast ttk back.  the ttk that the game shipped with.  everyone got a chance to play the game with the rotterdam beta and see what the ttk was.  if the ttk was too fast for you then, you shouldn't have bought the game.
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTD is a bigger issue for me, so many insta-deaths.
  • G-Gnu
    CrashCA said:
    TTD is a bigger issue for me, so many insta-deaths.
    Yeah , the delay in this game is freaking awful.  Game cant handle 64 ppl servers good , it is a real mess.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the hardcore BF for the milsim immersion crowd. What did you expect? My favourite quote from someone on reddit:

"If you get shot in the arm you shouldn't be able to return fire, that should wound you and slow you down."

Yes, there are people that actually legitimately want that in a video game.
  • TheSeries3
    edited April 2019
    It's the hardcore BF for the milsim immersion crowd. What did you expect? My favourite quote from someone on reddit:

"If you get shot in the arm you shouldn't be able to return fire, that should wound you and slow you down."

Yes, there are people that actually legitimately want that in a video game.
    still takes like 5 shots to kill someone with a m1a1.  this game and squad are very different creatures.  and squad isn't as milsim as arma