Weekly Debrief

So many players using exploits, and not following TOS

Chance0001
28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So how long is it going to take for there to be Rent able, admin (private controlled) servers to kick out and ban these lack of a better term Morons from coming in here and ruining the experience for the rest of us who PAID Money for this game and are getting shafted?  When?  ALL other Battlefield games prior to BF1 Came out with rent able servers DAY ONE...  What is taking so long.  EA already has the $$$ from us to make this happen...  This is not a GAME as a SERVICE...  this is a GAME we buy expecting what is given prior games...  All day yesterday and today, every server i was PUT into by the lack luster Console style lobby system was with at least one player who was exploiting some sort of cheat.  Please if your going to reply to this thread with well i'm not good, or i'm just mad... Check my stats out...  i'm not bad, i'm not the best but i can hold my own.  This game has a much different mechanic than all the previous Battlefield games so don't tell me 'oh it's because I have played previous..  That's utter Horse Manure!  And you all know it!

Pleas do not lock this thread, its so much different than the rest.

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    High pingers drag the server down for me, feels like playing in a can of glue. Every server I connect has at least 2 or more of them, especially past weekend. Dedi’s would eliminate that and give a far smoother experience, compared to the servers EA uses.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't bother. EA only cares about money. If cheaters are dealt with, that means they lose a huge portion of their customers. The more cheaters, the more money to be lost. It's a bad circle, but that's how it is today.
  • Deus_Vult_Amega
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every 5 days in  a week in bf1 and bf5 and  sw bf 2 i see cheats in eu servers with stupid aimbot making 160-0. Im cleary understand that  using wallhack is not prohibited. Most of games is CHEATS VS CHEATS. With lattely broken ttk and ttd (again) Game is Russian roulette
  • NN_Buzz12
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need servers with admin controls.  

EA/Dice say they aren't sure rented servers are in the budget (anti-cheat software defiantly wasn't).  Too funny coming from a billion dollar corporation that makes it's money providing a video game for us to play.  Staying on a path to keep the base upset doesn't seem that smart either.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like rental servers because I like game modes that are configured by the community without cancer. Foe example, I would a love a no MMG, no AP mine server, like we had in BF3 where the RPG's, shotguns and clay mores were banned on so many servers.

However, most people want them just so they can ban people, and this is something I really disagree with. It usually just results in strong players being ostracised from the public community, especially as the game approaches the end of it's life. I can no longer play more than half the regularly populated BF4 servers due to either policies that ostracise me from the start (2KD max or something stupid) or the fact that after one good round you juts get banned anyway cause most players just don't like playing against good players.

Of course this is never an issue for an average or below average player, so they don't see why it's a problem. But if you consider that it is now impossible for me to play BF4 a lot of nights now depending on which the servers all the other players happen to populate. I also usually can't play BF1 domination anymore, a mode I loved throughout that game, since I'm banned from the "Judas Priest" server which is usually the only one populated).

If you think ostracising legitimate players from the community is an acceptable sacrifice to be able to remove people who you don't like or suspect as cheaters then I'm afraid it's a case of "it's fine until it happens to you" and it's nowhere near a good alternative to an actually functional anti-cheat.
  • wIzd0m4
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whats funny is when we had private servers the hacks cried admin abuse. So dice listens thinking the community doesn’t want admins. Now the hackers roam free. Welcome to hackfield 5.
  • commanderK5
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just uninstall and let BF die!! A better game studio will  eventually come!!

• MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like rental servers because I like game modes that are configured by the community without cancer. Foe example, I would a love a no MMG, no AP mine server, like we had in BF3 where the RPG's, shotguns and clay mores were banned on so many servers.

However, most people want them just so they can ban people, and this is something I really disagree with. It usually just results in strong players being ostracised from the public community, especially as the game approaches the end of it's life. I can no longer play more than half the regularly populated BF4 servers due to either policies that ostracise me from the start (2KD max or something stupid) or the fact that after one good round you juts get banned anyway cause most players just don't like playing against good players.

Of course this is never an issue for an average or below average player, so they don't see why it's a problem. But if you consider that it is now impossible for me to play BF4 a lot of nights now depending on which the servers all the other players happen to populate. I also usually can't play BF1 domination anymore, a mode I loved throughout that game, since I'm banned from the "Judas Priest" server which is usually the only one populated).

If you think ostracising legitimate players from the community is an acceptable sacrifice to be able to remove people who you don't like or suspect as cheaters then I'm afraid it's a case of "it's fine until it happens to you" and it's nowhere near a good alternative to an actually functional anti-cheat.
    Yeah this is a double edged sword. Coincidentally, I'm banned on that same server, and I got the feeling that they/him are not interested in actually vetting out players, but rather artificially creating a safe play space free of pub stomping. If so, they should just say so upfront.

Run-of-the-mill admins can easily get rid off rage cheaters, but discerning between excellent players and subtle cheaters is far more laborious. I've been exclusively playing Back to Basics for five days now, with session KDs around 6-10 with a >2.5 KPM (pretty solid for Conquest), and the chat has not been kind. Just yesterday I was kicked from squad by good max rank player, since he couldn't fathom I went 62-3 on Empire legit. But when you are against only the occasional good player, it's mundane going 60-70 kills with few deaths round after round. BTW, the mode is awesome, but really drives home the fact that most players have quite poor aim. In that vain, BFV is basically tailor made for those that need kills by spraying wildly and spamming gadgets from a personal hidey hole.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah this is a double edged sword. Coincidentally, I'm banned on that same server, and I got the feeling that they/him are not interested in actually vetting out players, but rather artificially creating a safe play space free of pub stomping. If so, they should just say so upfront.

Run-of-the-mill admins can easily get rid off rage cheaters, but discerning between excellent players and subtle cheaters is far more laborious. I've been exclusively playing Back to Basics for five days now, with session KDs around 6-10 with a >2.5 KPM (pretty solid for Conquest), and the chat has not been kind. Just yesterday I was kicked from squad by good max rank player, since he couldn't fathom I went 62-3 on Empire legit. But when you are against only the occasional good player, it's mundane going 60-70 kills with few deaths round after round. BTW, the mode is awesome, but really drives home the fact that most players have quite poor aim. In that vain, BFV is basically tailor made for those that need kills by spraying wildly and spamming gadgets from a personal hidey hole.

You make a good point. It has always been my opinion that top players like yourself should challenge themselves more and seek out games with better competition, rather than lay back and pick the low hanging fruit of occasional players looking to have a couple hours of fun.

But hey, that's just me.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You make a good point. It has always been my opinion that top players like yourself should challenge themselves more and seek out games with better competition, rather than lay back and pick the low hanging fruit of occasional players looking to have a couple hours of fun.

But hey, that's just me.
    I totally agree, it's the only way to get better and continue improving. I was merely using this as an example of naturally occurring circumstances where the difference is more difficult to tell apart. If I want a challenge, I'll play BFV Frontlines and struggle to see people to kill. Or face max rank sweatlords on BF4. Back to Basics just happens to be the pinnacle of what Battlefield has to offer me personally. As an avid iron sights scout it is awesome to have a level playing field. If that leads to pub stomping, then be it. The rotation will end in a few days anyway, don't worry.