Community Broadcast - Firestorm Quality of Life Updates

PartWelsh
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 2019
Hey folks - In advance of the patch dropping tomorrow, we wanted to share some of the Quality of Life updates coming to Firestorm.

Let us know what you think. We’ve plenty more cooking for future Firestorm updates, including improving the looting experience, changes to weapon rotations, and more Quality of Life enhancements.

Braddock will be back here later today with the full Update Patch Notes

@PartWelsh

V for Victory

Finding yourself as one of the last few players alive makes for some of the most tense action in Battlefield. You get that final kill on someone, and half a second later, you’re checking for the small icon to find out if you’ve won or not. The act of winning still feels good, but we know we could make it feel a bit more special.

Here’s a sneak peek at how you’ll find that experience after this weeks update:

Increasing the Armor Plate carry limit

We’ve heard the feedback around Armor plates. We recognize that there are plenty of rounds finishing where some players are running super light on plates, and being discouraged from getting into more firefights mid game. So based on that feedback, we’ve upped the carry limit to 5.

Upping player Health whilst downed

Spike kills have become a common part of the experience in Firestorm. We recognize that if you’re in a position to finish someone off, without having to fire too many of your bullets, you’ll take that trade off in most situations. Whilst we review other approaches to this, we’re upping the player health in the downed state from 200 to 300.

More XP

When compared with other modes, Firestorm wasn’t showing to be quite where we wanted it to be in terms of XP gained. Other modes offered much higher XP for the time you spent playing them, so we’ve done some balancing here to ensure that players still on the road to Rank 50 are set to be more fairly rewarded for their time in Firestorm. 

Fixing Permanent Vehicle Death

So far in Battlefield V, vehicle death = total death. In Firestorm that’s discouraged you from making use of Transport and Combat vehicles as often as we’d expect, as once the vehicle’s gone, so are you. In this update, you’ll find that your body is pushed outside of the vehicle, and that you can now be revived in Duo and Squads. This fix is also true across the entire Battlefield V experience with this update.

Additional Fixes

• We’ve changed the color of the spotting flare on the minimap so that its radius circle is more distinguishable from highlighted objective areas
  • If you’ve hopped into the passenger seat of the Schwimmwagen whilst swimming, you’ll find that your weapons and gadgets now work
  • Dead players won’t be left in a crawling/prone/alive pose when they’ve been killed
  • We’ve fixed a bug that sometimes caused for weapons to be fired unintentionally after performing a revive
  • Danger Ping timers have been upped from 7 seconds, to 10 seconds

Post edited by PartWelsh on

Comments

• Stalker2400
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very good update, but where is content?
    Half of the base game guns aren't in...I understand balancing but please add more guns.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Make the victory screen apear faster  just in the same time with the kill. It will be more injoayable
  • Ewilliamfarmer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of upping the plates. Now if you have heavy armor you can fully plate up AND have reserves. That seems a bit unbalanced for me. It should cost your full plate inventory to repair the strongest armor in the game.
  • TJmingo22
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More armor plates? That's what people want? I want to be able to kill someone with a well placed headshot and not just break their armor. People absorb way too many bullets in this game before they get killed.
  • BlooodSimple
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not agree with upping the limit to 5 nor downed players health to 300. That is a horrible idea. Leave it at 3 plates and lower the downed players health to 150. The headshots in this game is horrible. I think i would about core problems then changing a damn victory screen. This game has the potential to be the best battle royale out. Its very underrated.
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being thrown out of the tank when it is destroyed is already part of the base game since it was introduced in the last patch.
    The fact that you guys don't know this just shows how bad the communication between the team is.

On another note, I would like to have the option to invert the plane camera Y axis in Firestorm or just keep it the same as the aim option (as it should be).
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TJmingo22 wrote: »
    More armor plates? That's what people want? I want to be able to kill someone with a well placed headshot and not just break their armor. People absorb way too many bullets in this game before they get killed.

Yeah, AND they increased the downed player health in hopes of getting rid of "thirsting" which was never an issue since its part of the game.
  • Ewoque
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice update. Personally love 5 armor plates change(agressive style players will agree). And that V ending looks great!
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More armour plates hopefully will encourage people to stop camping bushes.

I’ve had many games where I’ve maxed out my plates, and had to leave behind multiple plates because I was full. Only to later on and a few battles later find my self out of plates, and wishing I could of grabbed more.

• BushmasterTwoSix
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about adding a playback recorder to find out who, how and what killed you. I've encountered multiple questionable deaths which were very frustrating.
  • SK1NJ0B
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very good update, but where is content?
    Half of the base game guns aren't in...I understand balancing but please add more guns.
    I think you should remove guns. Melee only.
  • Wezbian77
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait. Wait. Wait. Is no one going to address waiting 3 minutes to find a squad, then an additional 3-8 minutes to find a game, then and additional 3-4 minutes to fill the server, then 1 min countdown? I'm in San Francisco, California and it's as if you guys are running 1.5 servers. Can someone comment if this will be addressed?
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All good steps in the right direction but still some things that need to be added in my opinion :

1. Ability to earn cc in line with other modes.
    2. More Firestorm specific assignments (there's only one available in dailies).
    3. Transfer weapon skins to Firestorm.
    4. Customise character in lobby.
    5. Improve loot system.
    6. Rotating Minimap.

It's a great mode and I hope to see a Road Map for it soon.
  • Trokey66
    9102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    All good steps in the right direction but still some things that need to be added in my opinion :

5. Improve loot system.
    6. Rotating Minimap.

Whilst 1-5 are non issue for me, 6 is a must!
  • tristankeller
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While updates are great, This game really needs to address the level cap being at 50. This is a huge issue.
  • Skitelz7
    iano1978 wrote: »

5. Improve loot system.
    6. Rotating Minimap.

Your number 1 will be addressed in tomorrow's patch.
  • OGT420
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How have they not fixed the biggest problem in their game? Tab looting is a must if you want this game type taken seriously, also fix the issue where loot gets trapped under the environment and you cannot pick them up, that’s the biggest issue, everything else is minor to me.
  • msob2nd
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don’t care !!!! What some of their consumers Are saying about this half made game .if they cared They would fix the game . it’s-all about getting as much Money from a game as they can . And the money that ea paid dice to make this game .
    Ea did not get what they paid for

And what takes the cake is that as consumers .They want us to tell them what’s wrong with the game. to tell them
    We’re the bugs are in the game that should have been done before the game came out .that’s what dice should have done. ea paid them To make a game .if I have do their job by tell them we’re the bugs are in the game .Then we’re is my check
  • Noodlesocks
    3630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    If Dice Sweden has taken over development of fortnite mode, who is developing the main game? Or is it going to be split development?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now give me a reason to care about all these "changes" and Firestorm in general.
    How about you tell us what's planned for the main BFV instead?