AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    I've not given them a second thought in my 30 hours or so of Multiplayer (New to BFV ), that is to say I've never seen them as an issue, I always seem to spot them too. Maybe this falls in with the "visibility" issue that I don't suffer from ( 1440p Monitor ). Could be they are playing on TV?  I don't know either way and it's one issue I can give ground on. Frankly just remove them from the game, if they can't OHK they are useless.

In BF4 they solved the problem with tweaks to visibility and deployment limitations. Worked out perfect IMO.  Previously in BF3 Claymores were OP with OHK and useless without it.

But if your going to Nerf AP Mines just Delete them.

Basically there are two types of players in this game.  The Run and Gunners want to push the objective and get huge kill streaks on noobs for their streams and youtubes, ( it's not really about the objective though, just the kills, the objective where your expected to be in order to die to their superior muscle memory )  they prefer everything to play like a point and click browser game, just a contest of mouse control and reflexes, and remember to switch weapons.

People in this camp

-Hate anything that forces you to scan for anything but heartbeats.

-Hate anything that encourages or allows the use of cover.  Remember when they invented the head glitch in order to justify creating one in BF4 so that you could no longer fire from cover without shooting yourself in the knees.  Oh and then the hatred of bipoded MGs, forgrips and drum mags only please.

-Hate anything that effects aim. Staring into the sun ( BF3), suppression.

-Hate anything that ......  Well they just hate anything that stops the kill streak don't they?

• CaptHotah
    1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any sort of passive kill mechanic is garbage for single-digit IQ dumbasses.

"oh let me lay a trap so I can then go and camp in a corner and face the wall, and then 5 minutes later I'll get a line of text of my screen with a players name on it meaning I have won!"  Great gameplay! /s

While devs keep putting in these absolutely mindbogglingly stupid mechanics in first person shooters they will have always have players leaving the game in droves. Which is exactly what has happened. The only way to make these mechanics work is to make them useless, which is exactly why they shouldn't even be in the game in the first place. There's a reason why all the best BF3 servers all had claymores banned.

But the biggest problem with the game is the campy, prone MMG and bi-pod meta, like they are trying to market a milsim game to Battlefield fans. It's boring beyond belief and just dumb nonsense for idiots. Like who the hell at DICE said "yeah, you know that really cancerous playstyle of laying still or camping in a window? Let's really go to town with mechanics and maps designed specifically for that to be the most effective meta! That will please the playerbase!

Still I have no hope for this dev team, they literally have no idea what they are doing and are just trying to learn on the hop, all the design talent at DICE has gradually left over the last 5 years and it's just a completely different dev team in all but name.

Well said. Thanks for having the patience to write what i didnt.
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who dies to any sort of passive kill mechanic are garbage single-digit IQ dumbasses.

Works both ways.....

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    How to reduce AP annoyance 101:
    * reduce number of mines you can place from 3 to 2
    and/or
    * give players the ability to avoid/reduce damage when going prone fast enough (ok I'm saying it) like cod did it
    * prevent ap mines from doing damage through walls or behind cover (seems to be a netcode issue)
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and/or
    * give players the ability to avoid/reduce damage when going prone fast enough (ok I'm saying it) like cod did it
    * prevent ap mines from doing damage through walls or behind cover (seems to be a netcode issue)
    I'm for option one if you must do one of the three. However having a new one to drop after each spawn means there is always one around per Recon.  What I would actually do is maintain power level, quantity is almost irrelevant. Add something more to the process of deploying them since simply dropping a bouncing betty at your feet while running doesn't sit well with me.

Or do it BF4 way with trip wires which can be spotted and must be optimally placed.

All that being said. I don't even mind them as they are. I usually always spot them.
  • StormSaxon
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see them most of the time. I’m only occasionally killed by them.

You can grenade the most common AP spots, door ways, resupply points corners, stairways...
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CaptHotah said:
    CaptHotah said:
    Passive gadgets are for mediocre players at best. Good for memes not so much for winning the round...

You seem to fail to grasp the purpose of passive weapons, mines and boobytraps are meant to delay and demoralize the enemy, not win battles and as such they seem to work perfectly well. That said there seem to be a problem with destroying spotted explosives, that's not good.

The purpose of AP mines is just to annoy ppl. And the fact that every class has them is 3x worse...

They're somewhat humiliating also, whenever I did get killed by one I got reminded to pay attention, someone had caught me slipping.
  • StormSaxon
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As for MMGs.

They work well. Being prone is no advantage most of the time, easy to snipe them or flank them.

It makes sense, as MMGs are supposed to by crew weapons.. but I get it, if it kills me it needs nerfing.

So the most things that need nerfing are assault rifles, need damage reduction, and hip firing needs to be WAY more inaccurate. ADS should always beat some hipfiring run and gun no brain mook ... so tired of aiming properly but losing to lame CoD style headless chickens.
  • LuchsE75
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As for MMGs.

They work well. Being prone is no advantage most of the time, easy to snipe them or flank them.

It makes sense, as MMGs are supposed to by crew weapons.. but I get it, if it kills me it needs nerfing.

So the most things that need nerfing are assault rifles, need damage reduction, and hip firing needs to be WAY more inaccurate. ADS should always beat some hipfiring run and gun no brain mook ... so tired of aiming properly but losing to lame CoD style headless chickens.

If its an mmg player that properly supports its team then i have no issues with that but we are hating on the lifeless "things" that go around proning in most uncomon of places just to get that few kills per a match all while being completely useless to their own team... I agree with the hip fire nerf tho. All of the guns except for the shotguns and smgs should have their hip fire accuracy nerfed to a certain degree.
  • Woodlbrad
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't a problem for me I easily spot and destroy them.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and/or
    I'm for option one if you must do one of the three. However having a new one to drop after each spawn means there is always one around per Recon.  What I would actually do is maintain power level, quantity is almost irrelevant. Add something more to the process of deploying them since simply dropping a bouncing betty at your feet while running doesn't sit well with me.

Or do it BF4 way with trip wires which can be spotted and must be optimally placed.

All that being said. I don't even mind them as they are. I usually always spot them.
    All for it taking longer to deploy gadgets but that should also include dynamite, AT mines etc
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still don't get why 3 classes need AP Mines. It was clear from the beginning that it is a Bad Idea.
  • ViolationofDerp
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at this point all arguments have been made, I started this thread last month, when single AP mines usually caused lethal damage. It definitely was a major problem back then, but since they reduced the damage output, I'd rather say it is one of the smaller problems this game is facing. I agree with many other commentators that there still is room for improvement (reduce the number of placeable mines, limit it to recon class, visible wires etc.), but if it means taking ressources from a possible Netcode fix (a man can still dream) Devs shouldn't bother at all.
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Still don't get why 3 classes need AP Mines. It was clear from the beginning that it is a Bad Idea.

The ONLY 'issue' with AP Mines I have is why Medic?

Just doesn't fit for me......
This discussion has been closed.