This game is boring...big time!

3ricCartm4n
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
I was talking to my friends last night on teamspeak while we were playing BF3 ( we are all BF series fans for 10+ years living in different parts of the world) and we all agreed this is the most boring bf serial because there is no new maps and developers are buisy with creating new skins for guns,wehicles etc. I (we) don't care if  rifle will have 50 skins or i will, have face paint.We want to have creative maps,many maps,different maps.Everytime i turn on my Origin i see more and more people on my list playing bf3,bf4 and other games non related to BF . You must be blind if you don't see that you ruined the game that everybody loved.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. My friends list is more or less empty. I think EA/Dice are well aware of the situation,why they are not showing player count. They just don't know what to do, don't have the ressources or have chosen to abandon the game in order to prepare the next one. I don't know. We can only hope things will be getting better.
  • Loony
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol They aren't going to release more maps. They have your money. End of story.
    Ive been enjoying the Div2, One where the Devs have shown how they plan on progressing the game further in the future, not a "Sell it and leave it" strategy like EA lives by.
  • CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffamb0 said:
    They should just scrap this, and allocate every dollar into the next BF. Make a BF4esque game with dedicated servers. Give us 2 types of server, 60hz and 100hz. Give us lots of content and different types of guns and scopes and all that jazz.

The perfect setting would be the Syrian war because you can include all modern guns + tons of improvised weapons like that propane launcher and all that other stuff we've seen in those videos. 

Just do it already. I want to play BF again. 
    i would like to see syrian civil war theme but it would be soo political to create game like that.
  • 3ricCartm4n
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes Syria and Iraq ,and objective would be to capture the oil rigs and exploit them :)
  • 5hadyBrady
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My friends is is empty too. Even when BF1 was active there were dozens of people playing at any given time. I'm lucky if I can find one or two people playing BF5 during peak hours on the weekend lol.
  • whoismyenemy1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Afghanistan would be nice too.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maps need updates for sure. To decrease boredom, try to play as a squad more? I find that makes it more enjoyable.
  • Chance0001
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    need Rent-Able servers with Full ProCon Controls.  Since EA restricted everything else...  
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffamb0 said:
    They should just scrap this, and allocate every dollar into the next BF. Make a BF4esque game with dedicated servers. Give us 2 types of server, 60hz and 100hz. Give us lots of content and different types of guns and scopes and all that jazz.

The perfect setting would be the Syrian war because you can include all modern guns + tons of improvised weapons like that propane launcher and all that other stuff we've seen in those videos. 

I dont know if you know but the rumor is they are working on bc3 and bfv was suppose to come out after it but they switched the releases.
  • 5hadyBrady
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Jeffamb0 said:

You're longing for nostalgia. The truth is, your memories about "back in the day when it was good!" are actually quite skewed. People typically tend to only remember the good things about people, places, or things of the past unless the experience was inherently negative. This is why everybody longs for the game before the new one (almost always). That's not just BF. People do this with everything. For years there were people who swore by revolvers in the wake of modern semi automatic , self loading pistols. This is because they forgot about all of the negative aspects to owning and using a revolver. They only remember the good things. My parents do this with TV's. They say "back in our day, TV's lasted for decades, now they're built like crap and they're awful!!" However, TV's today are basically computers. You can watch anything , anytime without ever having to touch your remote. No honest person actually believes TV's from the 70's are better than modern smart TV's right? Wrong. Go ask your parents if they think the old stuff was better. I also don't really care about anecdotes, because I'm sure somebody will chime in and say "oh yeah, well I just played bf3 yesterday and it was AMAZING!!". That's confirmation bias. Games from that era had all sorts of issues that newer games don't tend to have. You just forget about those issues because nearly every game had the same issue back then. Whether it's network related, graphical limitations, etc. When honest people without an agenda go back and play the older games, they almost always prefer the new ones, contrary to all the whining and crying. I actually proved this years ago. Kids who didn't grow up playing BF3 and BF4 preferred BF1. Older players who grew up playing BF3 and BF4 preferred the old ones. Why aren't teenagers gravitating toward the same older games if they're actually better? The answer is, because they typically aren't. Now sometimes they are. However, that's pretty rare.
  • SirBobdk
    5298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
     The answer is, because they typically aren't. Now sometimes they are. However, that's pretty rare.
    But not in this case imo.
  • Loony
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Loony said:
    Ive been enjoying the Div2, One where the Devs have shown how they plan on progressing the game further in the future, not a "Sell it and leave it" strategy like EA lives by.
    Carbonic looks around at what happens with the community. Looks at Youtube and roadmap and sees https://- then he looks at this post telling people there aren't going to be released more maps.
    Carbonic is confused.

My apologies, I dont scour utube daily, more so with things I am losing interest in. Well, Ill take it back if its actually happening. Like their commitment to tackling the hackers thou, how can i trust anything they say? Even this clips say "this is the FIRST time more maps are in development for ANY previous bf  game". I suppose there is anyway a first time.
    Dont get me wrong, I hope they do change but after being burnt before so many times, I am the mug to go back for more? No thanks. I feel like i have to see whats happening with this every now and then because ive lost my money on it but it will be my last purchase from EA.
  • mojoeuk
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The other issue we are having is they are creating new game-modes to please new young gamers into the franchise when its the same maps its becomes dull. focus on the old and get more maps out and gives the grind options to get the things without spending more in the game thats its not worth the money yet! its still not a full year and this had to be the worst for marketing and content.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Loony said:
    Carbonic looks around at what happens with the community. Looks at Youtube and roadmap and sees - then he looks at this post telling people there aren't going to be released more maps.
    Carbonic is confused.

So Westie is your source of information ?  OK then.
    In  principle the roadmap contains of one map in May and one map in June , the rest of the so called maps will be for 5 vs 5 only or for every game mode available at that time. 
    The "Urban combat" map is as vague as the name is. 

• JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What 5hadyBrady says is very true, people often perceive their experience as the better one. Players enter the franchise at a particular title and that first experience leaves an impression on what Battlefield is meant to be.   If you've been around a bit you would see the bigger picture and observed how the game has evolved into what it is today.
    Of course the negative parts of the game existed in the older titles, but I recall it was less common.  The way I see it, this is because the game was marketed and focused on the PC gaming market, who (as a generalisation) approach gaming differently from the BF community we have today, which is aimed at a multi-platform audience, by a different team of devs, and driven my a publisher whose goal is to ultimately make profit ... which isn't mind blowing itself, until it loses track of its player base and begins to influence the game for all the wrong reasons. 
    I think the game has a serious identity crisis right now, and thats just the tip of the iceberg.
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Jeffamb0 said:

You're longing for nostalgia. The truth is, your memories about "back in the day when it was good!" are actually quite skewed. People typically tend to only remember the good things about people, places, or things of the past unless the experience was inherently negative. This is why everybody longs for the game before the new one (almost always). That's not just BF. People do this with everything. For years there were people who swore by revolvers in the wake of modern semi automatic , self loading pistols. This is because they forgot about all of the negative aspects to owning and using a revolver. They only remember the good things. My parents do this with TV's. They say "back in our day, TV's lasted for decades, now they're built like crap and they're awful!!" However, TV's today are basically computers. You can watch anything , anytime without ever having to touch your remote. No honest person actually believes TV's from the 70's are better than modern smart TV's right? Wrong. Go ask your parents if they think the old stuff was better. I also don't really care about anecdotes, because I'm sure somebody will chime in and say "oh yeah, well I just played bf3 yesterday and it was AMAZING!!". That's confirmation bias. Games from that era had all sorts of issues that newer games don't tend to have. You just forget about those issues because nearly every game had the same issue back then. Whether it's network related, graphical limitations, etc. When honest people without an agenda go back and play the older games, they almost always prefer the new ones, contrary to all the whining and crying. I actually proved this years ago. Kids who didn't grow up playing BF3 and BF4 preferred BF1. Older players who grew up playing BF3 and BF4 preferred the old ones. Why aren't teenagers gravitating toward the same older games if they're actually better? The answer is, because they typically aren't. Now sometimes they are. However, that's pretty rare.
    Except that these games are still playable and have sizable player bases even right now years after their end of life so nostalgia is not applicable here as people are still actively experiencing these games and not merely remembering the good old days and ignoring the bad. I also routinely see posts over on the AHQ of new players buying BF3 and BF4 and asking for advice (technical or otherwise) so some of these young kids do in fact try the older games even if most kids today simply buy the latest game that releases.
This discussion has been closed.