Netcode post patch

davisyo
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The netcode seems like a complete disaster at this point for me. I'm on Xbox. It's even worse than it was a couple of patches ago which almost made me want to give up. I played a round today, had 40ms ping, registered 3 close range shot gun hits to an opponent who turns and one shot kills me with his shotgun. The lack of maps is a disgrace and the online play yoyos back and forth as Dice tinkers with it. This is getting very old. I've been a bf player since bf42 and I'm close to giving up.

Comments

• full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try a reinstall. Can't promise anything but I've had good luck doing a reinstall with PUBG for Example.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw rubber-banding tonight like I hadn't seen before, especially with vehicles, not a good sign.  Of course with all the overseas players bringing their lag to the game, who knows?  I joined one squad tonight with a guy from China, ping 264, was AFK most of the round too--naturally he was squad leader so I had to join another squad.  There is no good reason why a player with a ping like that should be in a NA server.  It killed PUBG for me, if it increases in BFV that's going to be the final nail in the coffin.  I sure wish EA would grow a spine and put in a ping cap of 100ms or so.
  • GrizzGolf
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its crap like BF1 netcode was all over again 
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It is hot garbage. Rubber banding all over the place, getting killed 10 feet around a corner, getting killed behind solid cover, it is ridiculous.

I agree.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed many shots simply do not register after the patch even though you aim directly at enemy.
    Had this issue aswell.

Shot an enemy 2 times in the face with the Rib, nothing happened, he lags, then he is beside me, and one shots me with the stg.
  • ElliotLH
    7766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure if it's netcode or if I'm just playing like a potato right now but I was getting shredded last night and noticed quite a few hits not registering - I put 3 rounds from the G43 in to the back of someone last night and saw their avatar flinch but got no hit markers for example. If it matters or makes any difference my ping is usually 28 or the DE servers and if memory serves there were a fair few 100+ pingers on the server at the time (one guy in my squad was in the 250 range and I remember at least two players who were closing in on 400ms).
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rubberbanding fest in my case despite having 42 ping.
    Before the last patch the rubberbanding was way more esporadic.
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a mess uninstalled this morning...enough is enough
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a 63 ping yesterday in one server.  Most I ever had.  Didn't matter we lost like 5 maps in a row. I only stayed in that server cause whole squad was using mics.  Which is somewhat rare so I stuck it out.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On PC. 13ms latency. Hit markers galore last night, 110+ damage to a single dude but no kill. I'm getting killed in one frame by dudes who on my end look like they do instant 180s in a millisecond and shoot me dead before I even see their muzzleflash. No network performance icons. 120FPS solid. Future frame rendering off. Was terrible. Pissed me off royally.
  • Soulbreeze
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't had good experiences with it this morning.
  • NLBartmaN
    3046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was there not a mention of "netcode fixes" in the patchnotes?

We all know what that means: if Dice tries to fix something, something else breaks or it gets worse ... 
  • G-Gnu
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only in Firestorm it seems.
    "Improved netcode for bullet trajectories to prevent tracers and the actual bullets from being out of sync when playing Firestorm, as well as other netcode improvements that could previously cause inaccuracies between the client and the server."

• NLBartmaN
    3046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Only in Firestorm it seems.
    "Improved netcode for bullet trajectories to prevent tracers and the actual bullets from being out of sync when playing Firestorm, as well as other netcode improvements that could previously cause inaccuracies between the client and the server."

And the Netcode in FS feels 10 times worse now ... feels the same as in the main game now ...
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    Rubberbanding fest in my case despite having 42 ping.
    Before the last patch the rubberbanding was way more esporadic.

The sad truth, it's not just your pibg that matters, it that of other players. Kinda like driving, you can be perfect, but one drunk clown destroys you.

Likely also has to do with the way servers are being moved to more central locations (loss of UK specific ones), meaning more out of region players, more high ping issues.