BFV is the best Battlefield game

13»

Comments

• Thorkill77
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Youtuber's could be wrong. But they said BF5 may of had way less time to be released and was unexpected.  Cause its possible that Sony or Microsoft or EA wanted the rumored Bad Company 3 as a launch title for XBOX2 and PS5.  So take that for what its worth.  I'm sure if BF5 had another 6 months or more could of maybe had more maps day 1.  Who knows.  Or if Bad Company 3 which had more time and released now and BF5 out in 2020 both games probably done well.
    I agree on the another 6months, but i think the amount of content is good for a release, they will add on more.

If it is to much content it put me off example i think BF1 was a mess with all the different ways of entering a battle, and the "trending now.....", they should have made the interface easier, there simply wasn`t enough players to sustain all the goods BF1 had to offer, then it appears desolate when you press the "trending now....." button and you enter a half full server.

BF5 appears simpler and cleaner in that area, and i hope they don`t try to add infinitive content to a finite playerbase.  
  • Thorkill77
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since you live in the arctic your post makes sense now. The loneliness must be devestating.

All the western countries are trending the same way, from Japan, Europe and America, more and more people live alone and the birthrates are declining. This is also true in scandinavia, infact my neighbour country Sweden is the worlds most lonely country to live in, followed by UK,  Japan, Italy and USA. So it is not only loneliness in the arctic.

• parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Liking your positivity OP. 

I really like the game too, the core gunplay and combat is superlative, so many issues and lack of content have dragged it down though. Some really bizarre decisions made my EA / DICE too. 

BC2 & Vietnam, BF3, BFV, BF4 & BF1. In that order, I didn't play Hardlines (luckliy), BF2 (sadly) or 2142 (unfortunately)
    The gameplay isn't that bad, with the notable exception of the network performance which can be highly annoying at times (but not every time for some reason).  It's the issues outside gameplay I consider serious problems, like the lack of rented servers, the fiasco known as Live Service which has choked off the arrival of new content, the weak anti-cheat, and the tolerance for out-of-region play.  That's the saddest part, it's an okay game that could have been a great game if not for EA's ill-advised choices on things like rented servers and Live Service.
  • parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B0LL0X5 said:
    What I don't get is that when somebody posts that they like BFV, they get slagged off so much by people who say it is rubbish. If I truly felt that way about a game and didn't want to play it, I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time on its forums, I'd be off playing a game that I enjoyed and making constructive contributions on those forums. Just sayin.  
    Yes, that is odd, isn't it.  I played PUBG for a year, then walked away from it and certainly haven't gone back to PUBG forums since to remind everyone I uninstalled that game.  That seems like really weird behavior to me, like calling up an ex-girlfriend to tell her how happy you are without her.

The big problems with BFV are not with gameplay, but with business decisions made by EA like not having rented servers, or the horrible Live Service approach which has resulted in little expansion in this game as compared with previous titles.  I don't think BFV is a bad game, it just could have been much better if EA hadn't screwed it up.
  • parkingbrake
    B0LL0X5 wrote: »
    What I don't get is that when somebody posts that they like BFV, they get slagged off so much by people who say it is rubbish. If I truly felt that way about a game and didn't want to play it, I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time on its forums, I'd be off playing a game that I enjoyed and making constructive contributions on those forums. Just sayin.  

He didnt post that he likes it, he posted that it's the best BF game but that's clearly not true in the eyes of the majority otherwise it would have more sales.

You can only compare with previous BFs and the facts suggest this game is closer to hardline level than the most successful BFs.

BFV sold a million fewer copies than EA had hoped, but its sales are equal to those of BF4 (which began very badly but turned into an outstanding game).  The question is whether the glacial pace of expansion in BFV will keep players around until BF6 appears.  I think the lack of rented servers and the slow rate at which content is being added will hurt player retention badly, some of the old BF crowd I play with have already wandered away.  If EA repeats these bad choices in BF6 I can see myself giving that game a pass.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While rush was in the game I would have agreed, sure it needed a few tweaks to get the full rush experience but Fortifications added another layer to the mode and freshened it up a lot. If the devs were allowed to go to town on content, modes and fixes it would be a great game and easily my second favourite in the series overall. As for the other modes I don't like them enough to have a fair opinion of them so I won't offer one.
  • ps_865
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFH is the best for me
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just bought BF4 last week because I’d been reading constant comments about how it was SO much better and I saw the Premium Edition was $10 on the PS4 store, so I figured I’d give it a whirl.

Now, keep in mind that I haven’t played all the maps, because none of the DLC maps are even available when I go on (yay Premium!) So, I’ve really only played base maps multiple times. There have been a few random servers that pop up occasionally with DLC maps, but at this point I think I’ve only seen about 5 of them. Also, I obviously haven’t unlocked all the weapons yet, but I’ve put in a decent amount of time to have an opinion. So, my opinion, as someone untainted by nostalgia or rose tinted glasses or the comfort of the familiar (some people just hate change) is this:

With the exception of “netcode” issues, BFV is a better game. The “netcode” is the one area where I enjoy BF4 more. I can actually tell where and when I’m being shot at and am usually able to make it to cover. In BFV, pretty much every weapon one-shots me. There’s no point in trying to find cover because I’m already dead.

Otherwise, though, BFV’s gameplay is infinitely more enjoyable. The movement is better (even vaulting is better and crouch sprinting is nice), the gunplay is better (from what I’ve seen) and the weapons more interesting and varied, and I think elements like fortifications and squad revives actually enhance gameplay. Also, basic things like med and ammo packs just work better, IMO. I haven’t spent enough time in vehicles to comment on them yet, but I do note they seem like much more of a threat in BF4.

Some of the issues people complain about in BFV are present in BF4. There’s also an “action-man” class in BF4, but it’s the Engineer instead of Assault. I’ve seen many squads full of Engineers. I’ve been using it myself a lot, because there’s a lot of fracking tanks and choppers around! Also, camping seems to be just as common and visibility isn’t great. It isn’t as bad as BFV, where people actually disappear, but everything is so grayed out that it all bleeds together. Oh, yeah, and 1 out of 9 games, it’ll crash me out to the PS4 home screen. That’s pretty lame for a game from 2014.

Also, the visuals in BFV are better. BF4 is dull to look at in comparison. The artists on BF4 used a lovely palette of brown and gray-brown. The color is much more interesting in BFV. I like going from the cool palettes of Devastation to the warm palette of Hamada. There’s just a lot more variety in the overall visual aesthetic of BFV. Before anyone says, “but it’s WW2! It - it’s supposed to be gray and overcast!”, no, you’re wrong and your opinions are clouded by Hollywood and old, degraded photography. Many battles have been fought on bright sunny days with lots of green foliage. You think people only fight when it’s rainy and cloudy? You can make something look like a war torn field but still make it interesting. BF4’s visuals are boring in comparison.

Regarding maps, yeah, they’re fun and different from BFV’s but I can’t say yet whether I think one is better or worse. There are more vertical maps in BF4, which is neat, but I can’t complain too much about that not being a thing in BFV. Most of the verticality is due to skyscrapers, which weren’t all that common in the French countryside in the 1940s. I can say this though: Google “worst BF4 maps” and you’ll find numerous threads of people complaining about how BF4 is the worst BF game ever and the maps are so horrible and how could they make such horrible maps....etc.........etc.......

Some things never change, eh?
  • trip1ex
    4504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 1
    I just bought BF4 last week because I’d been reading constant comments about how it was SO much better and I saw the Premium Edition was $10 on the PS4 store, so I figured I’d give it a whirl.

Now, keep in mind that I haven’t played all the maps, because none of the DLC maps are even available when I go on (yay Premium!) So, I’ve really only played base maps multiple times. There have been a few random servers that pop up occasionally with DLC maps, but at this point I think I’ve only seen about 5 of them. Also, I obviously haven’t unlocked all the weapons yet, but I’ve put in a decent amount of time to have an opinion. So, my opinion, as someone untainted by nostalgia or rose tinted glasses or the comfort of the familiar (some people just hate change) is this:

With the exception of “netcode” issues, BFV is a better game. The “netcode” is the one area where I enjoy BF4 more. I can actually tell where and when I’m being shot at and am usually able to make it to cover. In BFV, pretty much every weapon one-shots me. There’s no point in trying to find cover because I’m already dead.

Otherwise, though, BFV’s gameplay is infinitely more enjoyable. The movement is better (even vaulting is better and crouch sprinting is nice), the gunplay is better (from what I’ve seen) and the weapons more interesting and varied, and I think elements like fortifications and squad revives actually enhance gameplay. Also, basic things like med and ammo packs just work better, IMO. I haven’t spent enough time in vehicles to comment on them yet, but I do note they seem like much more of a threat in BF4.

Some of the issues people complain about in BFV are present in BF4. There’s also an “action-man” class in BF4, but it’s the Engineer instead of Assault. I’ve seen many squads full of Engineers. I’ve been using it myself a lot, because there’s a lot of fracking tanks and choppers around! Also, camping seems to be just as common and visibility isn’t great. It isn’t as bad as BFV, where people actually disappear, but everything is so grayed out that it all bleeds together. Oh, yeah, and 1 out of 9 games, it’ll crash me out to the PS4 home screen. That’s pretty lame for a game from 2014.

Also, the visuals in BFV are better. BF4 is dull to look at in comparison. The artists on BF4 used a lovely palette of brown and gray-brown. The color is much more interesting in BFV. I like going from the cool palettes of Devastation to the warm palette of Hamada. There’s just a lot more variety in the overall visual aesthetic of BFV. Before anyone says, “but it’s WW2! It - it’s supposed to be gray and overcast!”, no, you’re wrong and your opinions are clouded by Hollywood and old, degraded photography. Many battles have been fought on bright sunny days with lots of green foliage. You think people only fight when it’s rainy and cloudy? You can make something look like a war torn field but still make it interesting. BF4’s visuals are boring in comparison.

Regarding maps, yeah, they’re fun and different from BFV’s but I can’t say yet whether I think one is better or worse. There are more vertical maps in BF4, which is neat, but I can’t complain too much about that not being a thing in BFV. Most of the verticality is due to skyscrapers, which weren’t all that common in the French countryside in the 1940s. I can say this though: Google “worst BF4 maps” and you’ll find numerous threads of people complaining about how BF4 is the worst BF game ever and the maps are so horrible and how could they make such horrible maps....etc.........etc.......

Some things never change, eh?
    The fact you just bought bf4 shows how boring BFV is.   :)
  • trip1ex
    4504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 1
    @PoppaPappo

The fact you just bought bf4 shows how much fun BFV is.  :)
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The best huh? Is that why in every category known to us it's literally failing to every one of its competitors? I guess the player count isnt any indication either? So sure, you can call it a great game but the preorders, total purchases, player counts, and even google searches are well below a succeeding standard. But dont let me ruin the soapbox lol
  • SilkWildey
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey said:

B0LL0X5 wrote: »

He didnt post that he likes it, he posted that it's the best BF game but that's clearly not true in the eyes of the majority otherwise it would have more sales.

You can only compare with previous BFs and the facts suggest this game is closer to hardline level than the most successful BFs.

BFV sold a million fewer copies than EA had hoped, but its sales are equal to those of BF4 (which began very badly but turned into an outstanding game).  The question is whether the glacial pace of expansion in BFV will keep players around until BF6 appears.  I think the lack of rented servers and the slow rate at which content is being added will hurt player retention badly, some of the old BF crowd I play with have already wandered away.  If EA repeats these bad choices in BF6 I can see myself giving that game a pass.

Yes but did BF4 have a 50% discount from after the first few weeks? Genuine question I cant remember.

Especially on console which is something you very rarely see, and on xbox store is even more insane because they usually charge £60 for AAA games until the day they die.

I guess in the end we will all find out but I would be surprised if this game even gets to 10m, which will be 15 m less than BF1.

I don't mind if people like it, just pointing out the facts around its success... I don't believe anyone genuinely believes this game is a success whether you like it or not.

I personally have up on this game after about 40 hours I think, there's just way too much camping for my liking I got terribly bored but I hope the sales encourage them to rethink for BF6.
  • warslag
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    B0LL0X5 said:
    Yes, that is odd, isn't it.  I played PUBG for a year, then walked away from it and certainly haven't gone back to PUBG forums since to remind everyone I uninstalled that game.  That seems like really weird behavior to me, like calling up an ex-girlfriend to tell her how happy you are without her.

The big problems with BFV are not with gameplay, but with business decisions made by EA like not having rented servers, or the horrible Live Service approach which has resulted in little expansion in this game as compared with previous titles.  I don't think BFV is a bad game, it just could have been much better if EA hadn't screwed it up.
    Is it odd? Should every forum require the purchase of a video game? Of course not. Ridiculous.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    warslag wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

B0LL0X5 said:

Is it odd? Should every forum require the purchase of a video game? Of course not. Ridiculous.

funny quote, because if you search the posts you will see the pubg thing repeated over muliple posts and in different references but he never once got on a forum and complained about it? lol

atleast i complain about bf5 on the bf5 forums, and the ex gf analogy would have worked if (by player counts), if pubg wasnt the much more successful exgf everyone told you to stay with.

• y_j_es_i
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    🍿🥃
    <leans back and sinks into the couch>
  • PvtJohnTowle
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2

Clearly you do not remember the furore cause by payable DLC and the uproar people were having about not having it in the next BF title? A number of Youtubers came out and said payable DLC was "splitting the community" . Now we got what we wanted but it hasn't been implemented in way that regular content is distributed to the players.  This is the "Live Service" that we all wanted, which did away with paid DLC. However, the content has been dripped out far too slowly, like a drip feed. 

It was even discussed on this very forum a number of times.

https://tinyurl.com/y2gu5r8p
    Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • warslag
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag said:
    B0LL0X5 said:

Clearly you do not remember the furore cause by payable DLC and the uproar people were having about not having it in the next BF title? A number of Youtubers came out and said payable DLC was "splitting the community" . Now we got what we wanted but it hasn't been implemented in way that regular content is distributed to the players.  This is the "Live Service" that we all wanted, which did away with paid DLC. However, the content has been dripped out far too slowly, like a drip feed. 

But why have you quoted me?
  • Prep768
    3405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want what the OP is on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    warslag said:
    B0LL0X5 said:

But why have you quoted me?
    OK edited to remove your comments, just Parkingbrake I am replying to. 
  • EA_Rtas
    317 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Let's cool it please with calling people out as "trolls" and such. If you think someone is trolling then report it and let the moderators deal with it.