Big nerf to assault and medic full auto. PANTS

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    Sixclicks said:
    Sounds great to me. Assault needed nerfed. Although I assume the semi-autos are still pretty strong at range. I didn't see anything about them in the patch notes as I glanced through.

Maybe I'll actually return to the game if assault is no longer dominating at everything. Besides lacking content and the weak recon class, the OP assault class was one of the top reasons I stopped playing.
    With the addition randomness after 4 bullets, you have the slower recover and no more return to screen center, thus more short burst at distance or switch to single fire mode.  Macro users are going to be the most upset. 

I think it just brings them more in line with how some of the weapons operate.  
    Like I said, sounds great to me.

We really needed something to help better define the intended ranges of each weapon. Now you'll actually need some trigger control and to think about your weapon's optimal range before engaging an enemy instead of just magdumping on nearly everyone you see.

As for the change to SMGs as well, not sure that was needed. Although I haven't played for a while, so I don't know how well they've been performing lately. I just know they definitely weren't very good last time I played.
  • StormSaxon
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played last night.
    Still killed mainly by assaults and random explosions.
    Still positive kd

Not sure what all the moaning is for.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    DingoKillr said:

Sixclicks said:
    Sounds great to me. Assault needed nerfed. Although I assume the semi-autos are still pretty strong at range. I didn't see anything about them in the patch notes as I glanced through.

Maybe I'll actually return to the game if assault is no longer dominating at everything. Besides lacking content and the weak recon class, the OP assault class was one of the top reasons I stopped playing.

With the addition randomness after 4 bullets, you have the slower recover and no more return to screen center, thus more short burst at distance or switch to single fire mode.  Macro users are going to be the most upset. 

We really needed something to help better define the intended ranges of each weapon. Now you'll actually need some trigger control and to think about your weapon's optimal range before engaging an enemy instead of just magdumping on nearly everyone you see.

As for the change to SMGs as well, not sure that was needed. Although I haven't played for a while, so I don't know how well they've been performing lately. I just know they definitely weren't very good last time I played.

The only thing that was changed on smgs was what they just undid this patch. They made smgs better at sustained fire so the "balance" was smgs had a lower rof, lower damage, but were more accurate under sustained fire. Now smgs are basically back to square one. After 4 or 5 bullets your gun becomes really inaccurate and your cross hairs move from the center of the screen throwing off your shots.

This isn't a big deal for ARs since at those ranges they fire 600-700 rpm and only need 5 or 6 btk. Smgs are firing 514-540 rpm with slower bullet velocities and needing 7 or 8 btk in those ranges. So now medics are screwed because AR vs smg balance is basically back to right after launch and we are worse off since support mmgs and lmgs were untouched as were assault dmrs left untouched. I played one match last night and just quit. It isn't fun at all having this much inaccuracy with such a slow firing weapon.
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    DingoKillr said:

Sixclicks said:

The only thing that was changed on smgs was what they just undid this patch. They made smgs better at sustained fire so the "balance" was smgs had a lower rof, lower damage, but were more accurate under sustained fire. Now smgs are basically back to square one. After 4 or 5 bullets your gun becomes really inaccurate and your cross hairs move from the center of the screen throwing off your shots.

This isn't a big deal for ARs since at those ranges they fire 600-700 rpm and only need 5 or 6 btk. Smgs are firing 514-540 rpm with slower bullet velocities and needing 7 or 8 btk in those ranges. So now medics are screwed because AR vs smg balance is basically back to right after launch and we are worse off since support mmgs and lmgs were untouched as were assault dmrs left untouched. I played one match last night and just quit. It isn't fun at all having this much inaccuracy with such a slow firing weapon.
    Yup, some low ROF SMGs with unpredictable recoil after the 4th shot or so is kinda dumb, they should increase it to 6th shot at least. But high ROF SMGs like the Suomi is now extremely accurate at short burst for now.

But 50m is the range you shouldn't engage combat with the Medic class against any other class except Medic anyway.
  • DingoKillr
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    DingoKillr said:

Sixclicks said:

It was not about how competitive SMG are against other classes it about making high ROF SMG less the go to weapons for all(SMG) ranges, so making more diverse SMG class and commando carbine the more preferred range option lol.

Beside don't forget the golden rule Assault still needs to be the top class at any range even if it get a nerf.  

Sorry what LMG and MMG are better? MMG still need to be bipod to have short-medium range accuracy and LMG needs a bipod for medium-long range, that seems they fill their roles as is. 

I am not saying SMG don't need improvements to be competitve against other class it just over reaching to drag in MMG and LMG by say they where not changed too. Don't see any one asking why BA and SLR was not changed as well.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not like assault hasn't had this coming.....
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t agree on that. Each class deserves to have a strong point. As it stands now it’s very random for certain assault weapons, especially medic weapons. Relearning gun mechanics every month is getting tiresome now.
    Ffs I was having more fun as recon last night! A class I hate. But at least the bullet goes where I point.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not like assault hasn't had this coming.....

Assault is hurt far less by this than medics. Assault still has spammable dmrs and the assault rifles aren't near as affected due to their 5 btk range being so far out. Medics feel it the worst, especially slow firing smgs.
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smg’s feel very off atm. I guess I will not play medic anymore until it gets fixed.
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Switching fire modes as the range increases is something I've always done in this game, so didn't really notice a big difference last night. I did notice a lot of people at mid-range that were failing to kill me though. Was able to reverse a lot of firefights that the poor guys probably had no idea why they were losing.
  • VOLBANKER
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Did you guys see that video this Youtube guy just added, where he compares before/after patch how ARs and SMGs magdump while ADS?

After watching it, I agree with @bran1986 and others in this thread: The nerf is rather bad for SMG ADS’ing.

I’ll add a link when I get home
  • VOLBANKER
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    Btw. you can of course say “but you shouldn’t be magdumping anyway, not even when ADS”.

While that is usually good advice, magdumping SMGs while ADS was actually a viable choice before this weeks patch.
    Not with all medic guns, but a few such as the MP34. You just had to control the recoil.
    With an accuracy nerf to magdumping SMGs ADS, you’re removing a previously viable combat choice for these medics, thus effectively increasing their TTK.

Ask yourself: Was medic accuracy when magdumping while ADS a problem in the game that had to be taken care of?
    I think most people wouldn’t even have noticed this at all, let alone have seen it as a problem requiring a nerf.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    no one thought medic was better at any given think regarding the SMGs. this patch just highlights that DICE is at a complete loss to catch-up on the development thus pumping out hgalf-baked patches that break more then they fix.
    quality-management has left DICE a long time ago and we are just stuck with this "AAA-Game"

• VOLBANKER
    Here's the link:

• bran1986
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Btw. you can of course say “but you shouldn’t be magdumping anyway, not even when ADS”.

While that is usually good advice, magdumping SMGs while ADS was actually a viable choice before this weeks patch.
    Not with all medic guns, but a few such as the MP34. You just had to control the recoil.
    With an accuracy nerf to magdumping SMGs ADS, you’re removing a previously viable combat choice for these medics, thus effectively increasing their TTK.

Ask yourself: Was medic accuracy when magdumping while ADS a problem in the game that had to be taken care of?
    I think most people wouldn’t even have noticed this at all, let alone have seen it as a problem requiring a nerf.

The messed up thing is that was what DICE wanted. The last buff medics got was to make smgs better with sustained fire. This would allow slow firing smgs to stay on target and maximize their dps. The slow firing smgs dps is already inferior to ARs, dmrs, and lmgs but with recoil control you could at least compete. Now needing to do 3 or 4 different bursts to get a kill or tap fire absolutely kills the slow firing smgs. The video you linked demonstrates this well and that is only 15 meters out, imagine doing this test at 30 meters or 50 meters and then compare assault rifles vs smgs.
  • bran1986
    Also i don't buy the "forgot to implement this in the past patch" you could definitely feel a slight change in the April patch.
  • maskedocelot
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to aim down sights at all ranges out of habbit and this update has made the emp extremely random at short range engagements when aiming. I understand trying to make it so burst fire is the go-to for long ranges but it's affecting full auto for shorter ranges a lot too.
  • Noodlesocks
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would rather they have buffed the underperforming guns instead of nerfing most of them. Seems everything in this game just keeps getting nerfed until nothing is fun to use.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    for once i have to say the M28 trombocino is an actual fun weapon to use that actually is effective unlike the commando carbine
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Also i don't buy the "forgot to implement this in the past patch" you could definitely feel a slight change in the April patch.
    Yep Another Dicism...for not quite telling the truth I think.. Agree the SAR did feel different after that patch you mentioned recoil was substantially different