M28 con Terriblé

BeastlyVerse
25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Really though, when is it ever useful? It’s slow like a sniper, but it takes 3 body shots from a distance that’s not even that far away. I feel completely useless as a medic with it. The gun pretty much forces you to camp because you can’t be aggressive with it, but it punishes you if you fire from too far away. If you try to engage in medium range you’re destined to get wrecked unless you can headshot like a god.

I appreciate at least being able to do some damage to vehicles (I guess). I’d really just like to be able to support my teammates and also have a fun gun to use at medium range that isn’t an automatic weapon. At least they’re taking steps in that direction...

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is 100 RPM and a 2HK out to 50m. It is as close as you are going to get to a ranged medic option. The grenade launcher part is rather useless though.
  • BeastlyVerse
    The Drilling shoots better at range than this gun, and it’s technically a shotgun. I just don’t get the point of the weapon.
  • Hawxxeye
    7586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the grenade launcher seems to be shooting pebles
  • bazzowy
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What with grenade launcher,its shooting but nothing going on lol
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I kinda like the new gun as it actually gives me a bit of range as a Medic. I would still have preferred if the new Bolt-Action Carbines/Pistol Carbines were also available to the Pathfinder Recon, so I would have some slightly more useful CQB weapons (I really suck at using SLRs at short range, or well, any range actually).

bazzowy said:
    Don't used the Improved Grenade specialization because then it won't explode :/

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rubbish weapon, much like the LS/26 and Commando Carbine before it. 3 reject weapons that no one wants or were left out the game to start with as they were so useless
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rubbish weapon, much like the LS/26 and Commando Carbine before it. 3 reject weapons that no one wants or were left out the game to start with as they were so useless
    I felt the Commando Carbine was utter trash the whole way through the Mastery assignments (thank God they're easy so I never have to use the bloody thing again), but I actually quite like the LS/26. I do wish it had a spec for extra ammo, but even so I still enjoy the weapon. Only problem with it for me is the 6th assignment. HS Kills over 50m, with a weapon with only a 20 Round mag? Well **** me, this is gonna take forever. In like 5 Games I've managed a whopping 4 Kills that fit the assignment, mostly because I don't bloody play from that kinda distance with this kinda weapon.
  • BeastlyVerse
    So I’ve actually been playing consistently well with it now. It just requires a lot of focus
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    It is 100 RPM and a 2HK out to 50m. It is as close as you are going to get to a ranged medic option. The grenade launcher part is rather useless though.

It isn't too bad against armored cars or half tracks. Also it is nice to be able to blow up sand bags and barbed wire :lol:
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bazzowy wrote: »

If you got the grenade upgrade it is bugged and you will do 0 damage.
  • NuditysShiver
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got the weapon, but haven’t tried it yet. However, I went to my armory to grab it and set it up with a scope and noticed I had 3 out of 4 specializations already. Has this happened to anyone else? Plus it’s 25% closer to rank 3.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got the weapon, but haven’t tried it yet. However, I went to my armory to grab it and set it up with a scope and noticed I had 3 out of 4 specializations already. Has this happened to anyone else? Plus it’s 25% closer to rank 3.
    Yes, apparently it matches your Commando Carbine levels. Which means atm, I'm instantly at Level 10 With it, no assignments so no real reason to play with it until that's fixed.
  • NuditysShiver
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, apparently it matches your Commando Carbine levels. Which means atm, I'm instantly at Level 10 With it, no assignments so no real reason to play with it until that's fixed.

And you’re correct, I just checked that out. I’m not much for the Commando Carbine myself, so I stopped at that rank. At least I don’t have to grind out those specializations.

• xKusagamix
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

I felt the Commando Carbine was utter trash the whole way through the Mastery assignments (thank God they're easy so I never have to use the bloody thing again), but I actually quite like the LS/26. I do wish it had a spec for extra ammo, but even so I still enjoy the weapon. Only problem with it for me is the 6th assignment. HS Kills over 50m, with a weapon with only a 20 Round mag? Well **** me, this is gonna take forever. In like 5 Games I've managed a whopping 4 Kills that fit the assignment, mostly because I don't bloody play from that kinda distance with this kinda weapon.
    Yeah, i kinda like the LS/26, it somehow feel nice to use and i've using it since unlock.

The HS Assignment for both Profiency and Mastery are kinda dumb. It has really low damage at range, high horizontal recoil, slow ROF and only 20 rounds. It's not nearly impossible like some dumb Assignment that reset each round but it's not that good either.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    I completely agree with the OP on the M28. I think its the worst weapon in the game, so far. The muzzle displacement after every round fired makes it extremely frustrating to use. Combine this with slow bullet velocity, and its a recipe for missed shots.

To make matters worse, I'm one of the lucky ones who already leveled my Commando Carbine to rank 10. So I received my M28 already at weapon rank 10. This means, no way to progress, nor get any gun assignments or skins for it. I don't know how DICE keeps managing to screw these new weapons up so bad. The past two had broken assignments. And this one is just a mess. How the hell did they manage to tie the weapon rank of this gun to another gun?

No way I'm going to use this weapon now. How is DICE going to fix this? The either set it to rank 0. In which case none of the use now will count toward the gun's weapon rank. Or they just give all of us, who are affected by this bug, the predator and urban blue skins, and the mastery and proficiency assignments.

• SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it needs some buffs. Mainly to damage and bullet velocity. Its a crap version of  Carcano Carbine from BF1. Shoots fast, but bullets fly slow and do no damage at range.  Grenade launcher is a joke really. I can throw grenades at a better trajectory that this launcher.

Personally I think those fast firing bolt action rifles should be given to Recon, and heavy hitting semi autos should go back to medic. Recon would make much better use of this rifle with flares, throwing knifes and spawn beacons. Whereas Medic would have nice long range option.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

Yeah, i kinda like the LS/26, it somehow feel nice to use and i've using it since unlock.

The HS Assignment for both Profiency and Mastery are kinda dumb. It has really low damage at range, high horizontal recoil, slow ROF and only 20 rounds. It's not nearly impossible like some dumb Assignment that reset each round but it's not that good either.
    Luckily for me I'm currently at 27/30 HS Kills beyond 50m, but man is it an absolute chore. Aye there's worse, but that doesn't make it any less annoying to do. The real kick in the teeth is the following assignment is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ easy, 10/20 Kills in a round or 35/70 In total. Just, y'know, kills; no headshots, no distance limitations, no objective areas.
  • XRothbardX
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really though, when is it ever useful? It’s slow like a sniper, but it takes 3 body shots from a distance that’s not even that far away. I feel completely useless as a medic with it. The gun pretty much forces you to camp because you can’t be aggressive with it, but it punishes you if you fire from too far away. If you try to engage in medium range you’re destined to get wrecked unless you can headshot like a god.

I appreciate at least being able to do some damage to vehicles (I guess). I’d really just like to be able to support my teammates and also have a fun gun to use at medium range that isn’t an automatic weapon. At least they’re taking steps in that direction...
    hell, i dont even have the assignments, i guess thats another bug that came with this patch. as for this weapon, who is ever going to use it after they level it? i mean its hard to compete at range and is terrible in close quarters. i think they should make it cycle faster to even make it a viable weapon as it is now its too slow and doesnt do very good dmg.