Weekly Debrief

Next patch will bring the implementation of...radioactive players.

Comments

• GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    good. the visibility is garbage.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    What... are you afraid of being seen? I approve of this update. It's a step in the right direction against cancerous campers who hide in obscure corners.
    Luckily, I don’t camp. Let’s noobify the game because people don’t know how to handle shadows.

Dice might as well increase the ttk and bring back 3d spotting while it’s at it.

noobify? the bad visibility helps passive noobs and punishes aggressive players.
    Mate. Lighting has never been stonk with dice. Players are going to light up through buildings.
  • Fliple
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens everytime the community asks for a change, they always take it way too far in the wrong direction. Let's face it people, this game is a failure and will always be. I will further elaborate by stating that I never had a problem with seeing players while playing infantry, and I play on a 1080p 43 inch tv. The only issue I've ever had with visibility are on maps like Hamada where the mirage effects were just way too much when flying in a plane. The problem I see with players is that they are constantly rushing the objective or rushing you even through fog or a blizzard when you clearly have the upper hand and just took out their teammate with explosives or a shotgun or something along those lines. People want to pretend that this is Halo, and thus DICE has reacted accordingly, when this game was initially a milsim.
    Wouldn't too far in the wrong direction be making enemies even harder to see? This is definitely the right direction, I'd have to see it in game to know if it was too far or not.
  • Toxic_CA
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    What... are you afraid of being seen? I approve of this update. It's a step in the right direction against cancerous campers who hide in obscure corners.
    Luckily, I don’t camp. Let’s noobify the game because people don’t know how to handle shadows.

Dice might as well increase the ttk and bring back 3d spotting while it’s at it.

noobify? the bad visibility helps passive noobs and punishes aggressive players.

No the problem is that everyone who plays this game needs glasses
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fast TTK + Bad Visibility = The most noobify thing out there
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's no one left to care. Taking a little bit of the frustration out of Boringfield V, 8 months later no less, does little to nothing to help. It seems the small player base remaining quite likes flat shaded skins that allow you to melt into any surrounding.  

Makes me wonder if one of the Devs actually started playing there own game once in awhile though.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    It's called consolization.   Visibility is fine on my end, this is being done for the same reason as huge glowing bullets and giant bleeping hit markers to let you know your hitting your target.  These are aids for sitting 8 feet back from a Television.

Please give the option to disable this on my end.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    I was going to say I don't see a difference, but that's because I couldn't see the guy on the left under the old lighting lol.
    Lol, I watched these pictures max zoomed on my phone and never realized there were two guys on the before picture. Like @Hawxxeye mentioned later, he is basically just a 2D smudge on the wall.
  • SirSpectacle
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really ugly, those soldiers on the left look like cardboard cutouts  that someone has placed in an environment where they don't fit.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    so-called ‘hardcore’ players cried so hard to remove Doritos from all game modes.

Of course visibility becomes an issue, then.

And now, the issue will be solved by highlighting every single soldier automatically. there’s even no need to press q button.

Now that’s the true hardcore experience with good enough visibility that some wanted, and devs listened to them.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Our characters will be radioactive. Thanks community.

What game are you playing? It doesn't even look like that now.

• VOLBANKER
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let's face it people, this game is a failure and will always be. 
    I stopped reading right there.
  • iamwiener
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    I was going to say I don't see a difference, but that's because I couldn't see the guy on the left under the old lighting lol.
    Lol, I watched these pictures max zoomed on my phone and never realized there were two guys on the before picture. Like @Hawxxeye mentioned later, he is basically just a 2D smudge on the wall.

I always had a strong suspicion that players posting about a "visibility issue" on BF5 simply didn't set up their screens correctly :(