How does the outlook in the community compare to Hardline

Pro_b0
74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Some people say that this game will suffer the same fate as Battlefield Hardline.
I know how it was when BF4 launched, another Battlefield title that is frequently compared to BFV, but Since I completely skipped that title, I would be interested to hear from those who were around at that time:

How does the general mood/discussion/ outlook in the current Battlefield Community compare to the mood/discussion/outlook when Hardline was the current instalment of the franchise?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    By this time in its life Hardline was almost dead already. This game is not.
  • Pro_b0
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I know that. But how were the people taking it? We’re they hopeful that the game would right itself? We’re they angry? Did they just leave? We’re they content?

I am not looking for a comparison between the two games but rather between the state of mind of the respective communities.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It was very simple - People gave up on Hardline, and just moved back over to BF4 as it was still very fresh with its last DLC dropping just few months before Hardline. Additionally, devs began making more maps and adding new guns into BF4 for free which re--ignited BF4 even more,further pulling players from Hardline.

Hardline failed as a game because it was cut down version of BF4 with cops and robbers skin over it. People realized that they're playing the same game, but with less content and terrible balance, and just moved back to BF4.

• ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, BFH on PS4 is not dead,.I play it few times a week
  • TFBisquit
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the group of people still loving and defending BFV is somewhat larger than the group loving Hardline.
    I too skipped Hardline, made my mind up after that beta. Felt almost the same about BFV beta so wanted to skip this too.
    After buying this game, I now feel torn, on the one hand it seems a good game, on the other hand there is still so much wrong.
    I'm with YourLocalPlumber on this one.