RSP Accidently Confirmed?

BFB-LeCharybdis
791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I thought this place could do with some possible good news.

First F8RGE tweeted that he's been in a meeting discussing RSP and now this 

It's looking more likely RSP is on its way in some form.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It will hardly matter if it is implemented in the same form as in BF1. With no community support, little options to modify the game experience, and strict restrictions to count as official and ranked. Also thanks to everybody joining through matchmaking most servers remained empty and people never noticed they were on a private server. Useless feature for the players, only purpose was additional revenue for EA/DICE, but I am sure developing that infratructure cost a lot as well.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its too late.. Its, yea, just too late.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    The topic of RSP has been in discussion since release, I believe the term used was its still on the table. However there has been no momentum on the subject at all, adding statements that RSP did not bring any financial return to the studio (in so many words).  Whatever the outcome, Braddock probably removed the comment to avoid misguided hope.  If they do decide to bring RSP back, I will believe it when I see it but guess what .... the game will be almost dead by then. I don't have access to player numbers since release, but I can see what servers are spun up on the server list, and shutting down regional servers to increase match making times is an indirect submission of this.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rent a server does bring the community together or shall I say clans as well.  Or those chasing after certain map playlists.  Or possible clan matches.  Yeah not many clans rocking 32 actives.  But with so many game modes coming and going and the 5vs5 stuff coming.  It wont be to hard to have some kinda scrimmages with RSP.  RSP could be like how servers are run now as well.  But a little different.  If rented server is empty it vanishes off the search list till a admin or clan member or a vip enters as the first player. Then it will hit the search list of least amount to join not sure the lowest for open spots on the filters.  
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ...And you know what. If they do implement RSP into the game I have a feeling its gonna be a half-a test for the next game anyway..
  • barnesalmighty2
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    I genuinely think there is too few left playing for RSP to even work now. As much as I don't like RSP in consoles due to many many badmins over the years it does seem to have significantly damaged the game by not being included.

How dead these forums are now is testament to how the community has shrunken. The old battle log you couldn't get a thread in edgeways it'd be page 2+ in minutes.
  • Noodlesocks
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game definitely needs it but having meetings about it doesn't mean much. I've been to plenty of meetings that went no where.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They better word it in context what possible renters get for game modes right away.  They get all game modes besides the limited time games modes as permanent modes or they get wiped when the limited time expires as well?  I'm sure some will only rent it if they get grind 24/7 with huge ticket boost.  If they rent it then grind isn't there people will be ticked.
  • PrecisionWing
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They will put it in beta stats for over 2 years, with little to no meaningful features, just like what they did in bf1, but you will still have to pay full price tho.