BF3 Launch issue

Nappse
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
I have spent more hours than I would like with EA support. And they eventually told me this was an common issue and their team was working on it.
I cannot find any mentions of it here on the forum, and that makes me very suspicious. Is this a common issue?
The servers I used to play on is almost full, so someone is obviously able to launch the game.

I would like to follow up on this issue to get the status. If anyone know where I could do that it would be very much appreciated.
If the issue could be fixed on my end, a link to a guide/thread about that would be even more appreciated.
I have tried searching, and communicated with EA support.

Comments

• LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're not the only one. I haven't been able to launch the game for over the past week. I keep getting an error that it cannot connect to EA online. I've done all the suggestions to troubleshoot the issue, but nothing works. It's on their end.
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nappse said:
    I have spent more hours than I would like with EA support. And they eventually told me this was an common issue and their team was working on it.
    I cannot find any mentions of it here on the forum, and that makes me very suspicious. Is this a common issue?
    The servers I used to play on is almost full, so someone is obviously able to launch the game.

I would like to follow up on this issue to get the status. If anyone know where I could do that it would be very much appreciated.
    If the issue could be fixed on my end, a link to a guide/thread about that would be even more appreciated.
    I have tried searching, and communicated with EA support.

Also the way that I launch BF3 is using Internet Explorer (not edge), go into Battlelog's settings turn off plugin free launching so your browser downloads the Battlelog plugin and then the game will launch as normal. Chrome will not work with the Battlelog plugin, Firefox mostly doesn't work for me but Opera has about an 85% success rate with me and IE has about 100% success rate for me.

• Nappse
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2
    Thanks for the reply. Haven't been in here in a while.
    The guide didn't help my case unfortunately.
    I can't even launch the campaign.

EDIT: I got it fixed! :D
    What helped me was deleting the three PROF_SAVE files in C:\Users\(Your name)\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings

Post edited by Nappse on