I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Rhygarth
    60 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know why people bother tbh to even post about  cheaters as the BF1 forum had 300+ pages of this same thing and what did DICE do NOTHING....
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst I get what the message the Forbes article is trying to portray, I would take their articles with a pinch of salt when it comes to figures.  I've read that report and there are some very questionable aspects of it which I can't be bothered to go into here.  They did the same with the Star Citizen article recently.

So pointless your post. Why even mention it when you can't be bothered? Are you trying to say there's less cheating in BF then the Forbes article would indicate? Even if it were halved, it would still imply a massive amount of cheating. I happen to think the writers estimate is spot-on. For BF1/5, it appears the anti-cheat is the honor system. 

When is Dice going to explain what their anti-cheat "team" is doing, and what the milestones are? We paid a significant amount of money for a game that is infested by cheaters. The expectation was that the games would have an effective anti-cheat since it's a multi-player game.

Normally I'm not with the "I want my money back" crowd, but I want my money back.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Mica99 ; The only thing pointless is you and just about every reply you contribute.  Either you deliberately never read what is typed or you are have difficulty comprehending text.  My point was very concise, you should stick to your "Dice is pathetic" posts.
  • Juanicee
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rhygarth wrote: »
    I dont know why people bother tbh to even post about  cheaters as the BF1 forum had 300+ pages of this same thing and what did DICE do NOTHING....

BF1 wasn't that bad. I used to encounter a few once in a while and I complained. But this is just unplayable, it's garbage.
  • Niick1402
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst I get what the message the Forbes article is trying to portray, I would take their articles with a pinch of salt when it comes to figures.  I've read that report and there are some very questionable aspects of it which I can't be bothered to go into here.  They did the same with the Star Citizen article recently.

Is this the forbes article in question?
    If it's not could you post the correct one please?

• JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Niick1402 said:

Is this the forbes article in question?
    If it's not could you post the correct one please?

Yep thats the one. 9,436 consumers and online gamers.  A very small number used to represent the larger gaming player base, and taken from unknown demographics.  Who did Irdeto approach?Consumers of what? Online games? Consoles, PC, mobile games? China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, UK, and the US, at least one of those countries has a massive cheating trend so how much of an influence did they have on the survey.   How honest are the actual answers?  All relevant when you are analysing survey data.
    Forbes used to be a good source back in the day, but recent reports have proven to be bias, exaggerated, and generally inaccurate.  Like I said, I get what Forbes is trying to say but take the figures with a pinch of salt. 
    Naturally Micas99 is his hot headed self and responds like a child who can't get his own way.  I'm not going to even pretend that I can have an intelligent conversation with the guy, but if he's going to go off like that like he frequently does, I'm just going to tell it as it is.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really? Let's look at exactly what you wrote;

"I can't be bothered to go into". So why even mention it if you're not going to explain the point you're trying to make? Whatever man..
  • DancesWthMice
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lolgoturtagd

I do understand the frustration though,  I have met a FEW cheaters in BFV but I did what is expected of everybody here when they run into a cheater,  Report them and give as much evidence as humanly possible.[/quote]
    Oh, don't feel the need to oversell it or anything, because aren't you onofficially part of ea or dice.?When PUBG bans 13 million of its player, did you say "self, looks there are a whole crap loading cheaters. Perhaps I should consider
    Players who have not formally introduced themselves to me as hard or soft hzcker
  • HiepXongDong
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everytime I spectate someone in Asia server, the game always crash, but it isn't happened in Euro server. Hm that's strange.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 5
    Oh, don't feel the need to oversell it or anything, because aren't you onofficially part of ea or dice.? 
    I am not part of EA or Dice in any capacity,  officially or otherwise.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you.
  • Niick1402
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FW-JPhysics

Yep thats the one. 9,436 consumers and online gamers.  A very small number
    Forbes is spot on. When PUBG banned 13 million players, of cheats they COULD detect, it represented approximately 1/3 of the player base. Is that a large enough sample size for you? Thought so.
    The forbes article is beyond bad to make any claims about how many cheaters there are in BF's playerbase. Anyone doing so clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. FW-JPhysics gave some good reason why the article is useless for doing so. The article or the question in the survey(check the picture with purple) doesn't even mention what is considered cheating by the surveyors, is using an item spawner in minecraft on a server only i and a friend can access? Is using an exploit considered a cheat aswell or just abusing exploits? What about macros or a tool like SweetFX. It's also talking about "online multiplayer games", there's a  huge amount of games falling under that category with very different target audiences/player bases wich will probably have different results. I could go on an give more examples why any claims made about the percentage of cheaters in BF servers based on this article are worthless. Pubg  is 1 game of the "online multiplayer game" category the article is talking about so i wouldn't say that's a large sample size to claim the article is spot on.
  • Rhygarth
    60 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rhygarth said:
    LOLGotYerTags you also know that this stupid system was put in place to defend the hackers,  this game is as much of a joke anticheat wise as BF1 and the forum mods just block or defend the hackers, you must feel great that the genuine players are geting shafted in most matches, yet all you get on here is its the stupid RULES

LOLGotYerTags  you must understand that people spent hard earned cash on this and they are unable to play as EA does nothing to make the game fair, so people come here and get banned for speaking their mind on your product.

We don't defend any cheating at all,  That said..  There is a report system for a reason.
    By allowing you and others to name and shame,  We would be encouraging both bullying and harassment.

As this specifically is covered by the EA Terms Of Service and the Forum Guidelines,  It is our duty to ensure lines are not crossed and to direct you to the appropriate place for reporting.

I do understand the frustration though,  I have met a few cheaters in BFV but I did what is expected of everybody here when they run into a cheater,  Report them and give as much evidence as humanly possible.

I have reported countless cheaters in BF1 and BF5 and i am yet to see 1 get banned as such i have lost all faith in these products,  I came back to BF5 as i tricked myself into thinking it will be diffrent this time around but it's just the same as BF1...cheaters in every match and it just kills the fun therefore i will never buy another BF.    tbh i am seriously considering deleting my EA/Origin account as i am not happy with the state of every game i buy BF1/BF5 or Anthem

• -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 5
    Rhygarth said:
    I'm still trying to figure out why I keep clicking on this thread. It's a broken record, it's in 'loop back'. Everything that can be said about the topic has been said over and over. 

Want to know what's really refreshing?  I've actually stepped away from both of these cheat-fests. As much as I enjoy BF1, it's plagued by cheaters just as BF5.  I'm getting outside more and enjoying life. Today I'm going to replace some plants in my front yard landscaping instead of getting pissed off because little Johnny keeps pwning me with his cheats. 
  • Rhygarth
    Rhygarth said:
    Micas99 said:
    It is beyond bizarre that posting a battlereport is a violation of the forum rules. It's a report.. from a Battlefield game, on the battlefield forum. The cognitive dissonance sometimes.. 

warning in 3... 2... 
    You know the score on here buddy.

If the cheater can be identified,  Irrespective of the fact that it's a video or screenshot,  or stats website,  Or indeed a battlereport,   It still violates the rules.

So let's not continue down this path of discussing moderation,  As it will result in bars.

LOLGotYerTags you also know that this stupid system was put in place to defend the hackers,  this game is as much of a joke anticheat wise as BF1 and the forum mods just block or defend the hackers, you must feel great that the genuine players are geting shafted in most matches, yet all you get on here is its the stupid RULES

LOLGotYerTags  you must understand that people spent hard earned cash on this and they are unable to play as EA does nothing to make the game fair, so people come here and get banned for speaking their mind on your product.

The reason that naming and shaming isn't allowed here is because this place would quickly turn into a snake-pit of accusations and counter-accusations, and without doubt legitimate players would end up trying to defend themselves against baseless attacks.  Besides which it would do no good, this isn't the anti-cheat dept., there is nobody here with the power to take action against a cheater.  The mods are not defending hack users, they're enforcing rules which exist for a good reason--suggesting they "feel great" that legit players have to put up with cheating is a trashy and unjustified thing to say.

If you want to blow off steam, go to the BFV subreddit which also has rules against naming and shaming but at least sometimes such posts seem to be tolerated.  I've seen DICE devs respond to videos etc. there of obvious hack users, saying they'll forward the info to the anti-cheat dept. (which might or might not produce results).

BTW, PUBG has three anti-cheats in operation and a very aggressive policy which has seen them ban over 13 million accounts, report hack sellers to the authorities, ban pro players etc., but that game still has a big cheating problem.  Fortnite has two anti-cheats, and lots of cheating, if you go to their forums you'll see players claiming that game has no anti-cheat at all just as you see here.  This problem is not unique to BFV, although I entirely agree that EA's policies are making it worse.  I see no good reason why someone banned for cheating can easily get another account and use the same player name and go on cheating, or why someone banned from one EA game is allowed to continue playing other EA games.  EA certainly could do a better job, but I believe they no longer care enough about the PC platform so they're doing the bare minimum.  Their radio silence on the issue is also not helpful, silence is perceived as inaction.

So by all means be mad at EA, but don't blame the mods here for things that are outside of their control.
    Fair enough, i will just not buy another EA/DICE product as they just don't give a crap
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FW-JPhysics

Yep thats the one. 9,436 consumers and online gamers.  A very small number
    Forbes is spot on. When PUBG banned 13 million players, of cheats they COULD detect, it represented approximately 1/3 of the player base. Is that a large enough sample size for you? Thought so.

According to PUBG's first anti-cheat service, BattleEye, the "vast majority" of the accounts they ban are in China.  When acquiring skins and selling them for real money is possible, nobody should be surprised that cheating increases, especially when replacing a banned account is quick, easy and cheap.  Aside from that there is a thriving hack development and sales industry in China, there are hack salesmen selling temporary access to hacks in the many internet cafes, some net cafes even have "helper software" installed on their PCs for their customers to use.  PUBG is also a special case in that the original design of their game was especially vulnerable to hacks, far more than any BF game I've ever played.  So the staggering number of banned accounts (not the same thing as banned players) in PUBG is not representative of cheating in the general population in that game outside China, it certainly doesn't tell us how many cheaters there are in BFV.  Based on numbers FairFight released some years back I concluded around five percent of BF players were cheating, maybe a bit more since not all hack users get caught.  That involved some assumptions and guesstimates, but I've yet to see anyone offer a convincing case for a different number.

The problem with EA games is that company in effect allows cheaters to rent the game, cheat, get caught, and start all over with a new account.  During the Game Time promotion some years back there were cheaters with sequentially numbered player tags to show off how many accounts they'd gone through, e.g. gAmE_tIme_haxboy1 through gAmE_tIme_haxboy99.  When a publisher tries to promote games by providing as many free disposable accounts as a hack user wants, that is a company that either doesn't understand what it is doing or which doesn't care about the consequences of such foolish decisions.

BFV has a serious cheating problem, but in comparison to PUBG it's not even close.  That's the scary part, that the cheating we're seeing in BFV could be way, way worse.  I hope this game doesn't become a hit in China.

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 5
    My understanding of population sampling is that the number of respondents in the survey is practically bang on the appropriate number for a population of 2.3 billion (the number of self-described gamers given in the article), if you're interested in a 1% margin of error. It's even smaller if you don't mind a higher margin.

As the original report doesn't fully lay out its sampling methodology, though (and Forbes is not the originator of the report), there are still enough issues to give everyone something to argue about. I'd suggest, though, that given the social disapprobation attached to cheating in general, the number of people who admitted to regular cheating is probably lower than those who actually regularly cheat.
  • Netranger9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rhygarth said:
    I'm still trying to figure out why I keep clicking on this thread. It's a broken record, it's in 'loop back'. Everything that can be said about the topic has been said over and over. 

Want to know what's really refreshing?  I've actually stepped away from both of these cheat-fests. As much as I enjoy BF1, it's plagued by cheaters just as BF5.  I'm getting outside more and enjoying life. Today I'm going to replace some plants in my front yard landscaping instead of getting pissed off because little Johnny keeps pwning me with his cheats. 
    Lol,I would rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than do gardening-different strokes for different folks.
  • CaptHotah
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rhygarth wrote: »
    LOLGotYerTags said:

Rhygarth said:LOLGotYerTags you also know that this stupid system was put in place to defend the hackers,  this game is as much of a joke anticheat wise as BF1 and the forum mods just block or defend the hackers, you must feel great that the genuine players are geting shafted in most matches, yet all you get on here is its the stupid RULES

We don't defend any cheating at all,  That said..  There is a report system for a reason.
    By allowing you and others to name and shame,  We would be encouraging both bullying and harassment.

As this specifically is covered by the EA Terms Of Service and the Forum Guidelines,  It is our duty to ensure lines are not crossed and to direct you to the appropriate place for reporting.

I do understand the frustration though,  I have met a few cheaters in BFV but I did what is expected of everybody here when they run into a cheater,  Report them and give as much evidence as humanly possible.

I have reported countless cheaters in BF1 and BF5 and i am yet to see 1 get banned as such i have lost all faith in these products,  I came back to BF5 as i tricked myself into thinking it will be diffrent this time around but it's just the same as BF1...cheaters in every match and it just kills the fun therefore i will never buy another BF.    tbh i am seriously considering deleting my EA/Origin account as i am not happy with the state of every game i buy BF1/BF5 or Anthem

"cheaters in EVERY match" is highly exaggerated. Yesterday i played 3-4 hours (conquest, tdm and squad conquest) and i havent seen 1 cheater.
This discussion has been closed.