Weekly BF

It's obvious you'll never be able to fix BFV from the mess that it is

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree, it’s a complete mess. It’s sad to see how low this game has fallen in pursuit for more money.

Once a unique franchise has become a joke

Fallen? People were falling over themselves day one to complain about this game. I feel like I'm losing brain cells over all of this.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you're not happy with the game because.......????

Just look at all the threads on the front page, you can pick any of those for problems, they ruined tank gameplay I was always an aggressive tanker in every past Battlefield game and they completely ruined it in BFV and it hasn't gotten any better since release, or the low ttk which I think is one of the main reasons why a lot of people have moved on from BFV.

Oh and I can't even begin to count how many times I had a pitch black screen before after a match having to close the whole game out about every single match, something they fixed 50/50.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If DICE abandon BFV, then even the most hardcore BF fan will think multiple times before buying the next game, regardless of how good it is.

Imagine if DICE left BF4 in it's release state, and did nothing except release the Premium-mandated DLCs. They could have moved on to development for BFH or BF1 straight away, but nobody with even half a brain cell would ever buy another BF game at release. A significant portion of the playerbase would have abandoned the franchise for good ... hell, several of my BF3 friends quit the franchise because of BF4, regardless of the fact that it was greatly stabilised after a year or so.

DICE have our money in hand, so they could walk away, but they would be complete and utter imbeciles if they did so, because they won't get our money for their future games 

C’mon. Let’s be real. When they announce Bad Company 3 the same people will be among the first to preorder.

They will release a trailer, put some famous scenes to force nostalgic feelings and voila - here comes the money.

How they were handling BF1, especially last 2 DLCs, was a disgrace and disrespectful to their customers who paid money for this. Just remember this joke called Apocalypse DLC.

A lot of people were bashing DICE for this and what do I see now? Most are playing BFV, like nothing ever happened

The same will be with the next Battlefield. That’s why **** companies like EA exist and prosper

I won't be I did preorder BFV day one physical edition even went all the way to gamestop to get it night of release and it was cancelled at the garbage gamestop I went to, and as much as I love starwars I won't be buying it either, anything with an EA label on it always has some sort of issue or problem.
  • TropicPoison
    Prep768 wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan said:

Prep768 said:

AreaDeniaI said:
    What kind off mess ? Few bugs like every other game. Otherwise, if bf5 didnt met your expectations, perhaps leave? There are people who are enjoying it a lot.

Few bugs? 

Yea, you know, little ones like tank shells doing zero damage all the time. My ears busting when the sounds cranks up to max and it sounds like I'm going 100 miles an hour screaming through a tunnel. Or when my little tank gets hiccups or I can't spawn into it, or never shows up as a spawn and others take it instead. Or My turret is missing when I spawn, or have delayed fire effects. Or it's telling me I'm being shot from the rear when they are shooting me in the front. Or when the repair cycle does nothing.    

Lol, Like the little one where I confront an enemy so press R2 and the friend screen pops up and subsequently die. Or the grey man group purposely equipping the one skin which gives them invulnerability. Or indeed the little one where EA servers are down and no one can play.

Sorry, I am some what of a perfectionist. 

I had that damn crap so many times, I would get someone in my sights about to unload on them and I fire 1 bullet with the friend screen popping up...and yeah I died every single time because of that BS.
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This may end up being my last BF game, only way I will play the next is if reviews are great and there is a free demo to download and play.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree, it’s a complete mess. It’s sad to see how low this game has fallen in pursuit for more money.

I have no problem with EA trying to make money, they're not running a charity.  But I think the best way for them to make money is to publish good games, and not experiment with business models that clearly don't work for them.  They've dropped a successful formula and substituted one that has alienated many long-time customers while largely failing to attract new ones.

What's that old saying?  Oh yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you should just move all resources onto the next Battlefield to make sure you don't screw up with it like you have with BFV and not be trying to half the 'talent' if you even have anyone with any even left.

But just watch DICE will use frostbite for the next Battlefield and it'll just be the same crap again over and over, new game same old problems. You have to wonder at some point enough is enough, and that point has been long crossed.

I don't have any faith in Bioware or DICE for the future seeing as that it wasn't entirely the fault of EA with the messes that either have made. I honestly have no respect or hope for either one not even a little bit, they used to be up there with the best and look at how far both have fallen.

If you were hoping the outfits and microtransactions crap was going to save this game then you should have worked harder at making an actual good game, the majority doesn't like BFV like it or not.

They should do away with every lead member of the development teams. And every higher level who had a say in destroying this game. I dont have any issue with anypart ingame directly i love battlefield and the gameplay is fun But i have a big issue with the continuous unsure nerfing of weapons both intentionally and unintentionally, the continued so called fixing of bugs that only ever bring more bugs with each "fix" they perform, the huge lack of content is by far my biggest reason for not playing anymore, no RSP which happens to be a staple for battlefield on consoles they should have just gotten rid of the server browser altogether why waste the time, no hardcore mode which i dont even play but its nice to be able to play when im not feeling like running around, no maps. 6 months after launch and the only map to have come might as well be considered coming out at launch, not a single standout cosmetic has come out that was shown in the trailer, and to top alllll of it off they havecontinued to keep their mouths shut about every last thing.

They do not need to be apart of the next battlefield, hiring in an entire new development team would **** the game too, but new leads. Management. People who are going to make sure it comes out right. Thats whats needed. When you order a sandwich or a burger and it looks like crap because someone didnt care enough to put it together nicely because no one told them they had to. youll notice a difference. I dont want a manufactured house, but a nice proper stick built house with good lumber. And i want a game that was had time actually put into it, if its something that im going to sink 100s of hours into, i wanna know that each person making the game put as much time and effort as i do playing it.

If they come out with a battlefield in 2020, and its not vietnam, im afraid that for me the game will have taken the route of call of duty. And will continue to replace last years garbage with a new one until the next good game comes out. I hope ww3 comes to consoles.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    If DICE abandon BFV, then even the most hardcore BF fan will think multiple times before buying the next game, regardless of how good it is.

Imagine if DICE left BF4 in it's release state, and did nothing except release the Premium-mandated DLCs. They could have moved on to development for BFH or BF1 straight away, but nobody with even half a brain cell would ever buy another BF game at release. A significant portion of the playerbase would have abandoned the franchise for good ... hell, several of my BF3 friends quit the franchise because of BF4, regardless of the fact that it was greatly stabilised after a year or so.

DICE have our money in hand, so they could walk away, but they would be complete and utter imbeciles if they did so, because they won't get our money for their future games 

Funny you say that about BF4, becuase for the first year, that's what they did. What you'll find is, people have very short memeories. As long as the next battlefield has a modern setting, no one will care about most of the glaring problems it'll have, just like BF4.
    Ah, yes, I remember how DICE SE were insisting that BF4 was perfect on release. EA had to get DICE LA to fix the game, which was pretty disappointing on DICE SE's part.

If even EA has to release a public apology for how bad your game is, you know it's bad, even if it took them some time to admit it:

https://www.game-debate.com/news/13306/ea-finally-apologise-for-battlefield-4-launch-claiming-it-suffered-for-being-too-ambi?&page=2

This is a quote by EA CEO Andrew Wilson towards the end of the article:

"We have changed development processes" said Wilson. "We've changed development timelines and we've changed testing processes and beta processes, all with a view to not have the issues again."

We all know how that worked out for BFV ...

How they were handling BF1, especially last 2 DLCs, was a disgrace and disrespectful to their customers who paid money for this. Just remember this joke called Apocalypse DLC.

I actually really liked the last two DLCs. They could have had more maps in Apocalypse, but some of the guns in the last DLC, like the Howell, Farquhar-Hill and Webley revolver ended up being some of my personal favourites. The lMG 08/18 ended up being my favourite LMG, mostly because it felt like it hadn't been touched by that heavily controversial TTK 2.0 update.

People might preorder BC3 because of the Bad Company hype and circleyouknowtherestofthetermbecauseicantuseitonthisforum, but even they might be at least somewhat careful, due to the way that DICE handled this game.

However, rumours are stating that DICE LA is making BC3, so the fanbase might end up saying "DICE LA is the good DICE studio! I'm sure it won't suck!". They forget that DICE LA released several patches that broke things quite massively towards the end of BF1's lifecycle ... tanks became nearly invincible, friendly player icons became impossible to see and the game stuttered whenever you got any points ... not to mention that they were collaborating with MarbleDuck (and some other Symthic players) on TTK 2.0, which riled up a lot of feathers. Hell, if DICE LA's idea of a BF game is one with an extremely low TTK, then BC3 might end up having a low TTK, which would go against the higher kill times that were present in BC1 and BC2.
  • azelenkin0306
    564 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    azelenkin0306 said:

I have no problem with EA trying to make money, they're not running a charity.  But I think the best way for them to make money is to publish good games, and not experiment with business models that clearly don't work for them.  They've dropped a successful formula and substituted one that has alienated many long-time customers while largely failing to attract new ones.

What's that old saying?  Oh yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

True. But money can be earned different ways.

You can, for example, cut costs on QA and let players be the beta testers for their own money.

Or you can switch to free DLC model and sell skins for the price of the whole DLC with maps, guns, cinematic and etc.

Nothing bad in earning money, however how it’s done is important

• creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP vents frustration at the game having issues - which is understandable.
    I stopped playing this game because it was half baked attempt at a successor to BF1.
    The games are night and day, with BFV being a huge step down from BF1.

Moderator then asks OP to be specific about their issues so we can have a discussion... which will then have ZERO impact on Dice or getting said issues resolved.

People urge Dice to ditch trying to sort out BFV and concentrate on pouring efforts into the next BF game.

Hmmm.. anyone seeing a pattern here?

It’s the same old song and dance with Dice.

BF4 was a joke.
    Released in the worst state that I can ever recall for a BF game.
    It needed got fixed and was pretty much unplayable for a good year.

BF1 was a huge improvement.
    Looked stunning and played, for the best part, really well.
    Then they started changing things which started to infuriate players, leading some to stop playing.

BFV arrives and is a poor successor.
    Bugs, poor game design, stupid new mechanics that don’t work and looks like a PS2 game.

I have finales learned now.
    What the players want is of no interest to Dice.
    They even said it themselves.
    If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Well, I’m doing just that now.

• opsis_1
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFBC3 
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    opsis_1 said:
    BFBC3 
    I don't know. I hope they will get it right.
    BC2 was a great game because of amazing maps and rush. When looking at BFV maps, I am unsure whether they can do it again. 
  • G-Gnu
    1427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    opsis_1 said:
    BFBC3 
    BC2 was a great game because of amazing maps and rush. When looking at BFV maps, I am unsure whether they can do it again. 
    Depends, I think BC2 was good because it did not have 64 players, more limited heavy armored vehicles and no jets/ planes.  
    If they are going on the ordinary Battlefield mixture , then maybe it will not be as good.
  • opsis_1
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They will get it right.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    opsis_1 said:
    BFBC3 
    The best parts of BC2 were no prone and total destruction.
  • IIIIUNREALIIII
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Prep768 said:

AreaDeniaI said:
    What kind off mess ? Few bugs like every other game. Otherwise, if bf5 didnt met your expectations, perhaps leave? There are people who are enjoying it a lot.

Few bugs? 

Yea, you know, little ones like tank shells doing zero damage all the time. My ears busting when the sounds cranks up to max and it sounds like I'm going 100 miles an hour screaming through a tunnel. Or when my little tank gets hiccups or I can't spawn into it, or never shows up as a spawn and others take it instead. Or My turret is missing when I spawn, or have delayed fire effects. Or it's telling me I'm being shot from the rear when they are shooting me in the front. Or when the repair cycle does nothing.    

I musk ask you. Did you notice this bug, when you drive (tank) into Aerodrome ( obj C) everything is so LOUD, strange voices etc. I don't even know how to describe this. The only way is to move back or take off headphones.
    I think this bug is from release or december.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Prep768 said:

AreaDeniaI said:

Few bugs? 

I musk ask you. Did you notice this bug, when you drive (tank) into Aerodrome ( obj C) everything is so LOUD, strange voices etc. I don't even know how to describe this. The only way is to move back or take off headphones.
    I think this bug is from release or december.
    Yea, it's really bad there. Also the sound in tanks cut out too. It can be quite for ages too.  
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    opsis_1 said:
    BFBC3 
    There's not a cat's chance in hell of Bad Company 3 turning out well, the talent left DICE a long time a go. Sorry for the negativity but I don't see it any other way
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People expecting bad comp 3 to be amazeballs simply forget the dev team now is not the dev team from the bad comp 2 days.
    Why on earth people think it’s gonna turn out any different from this battlefield v fiasco baffles me.