[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    Yes Dice should be able to tell us if we will get SLI support for BFV and an ETA.

I don't expect it to come. They may sneak support in for it at a later date, but at this point I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Perform the steps listed and enjoy SLI.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Yes Dice should be able to tell us if we will get SLI support for BFV and an ETA.

I don't expect it to come. They may sneak support in for it at a later date, but at this point I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Perform the steps listed and enjoy SLI.

Sadly you are probably right and I am not holding my breath. The SLI guide is very helpful but it would be nice to be able to enjoy the correct weather effects with a proper SLI Profile.
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have sli enable I don't see any different in if it enable it look right to me.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We should not have to use workarounds to get SLI working, a proper official SLI Profile should be there at launch.
  • gailjon
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't enable DLSS in Battlefield V

RTX 2080 TI
    I9-9900K (4.2mhz)
    Monitor - 3440x1440, 115ghz, with G-Sync
    Windows 10 pro x64 1809

Screenshot inactive button - https://imgur.com/a/nwi7tLl

I have the latest version of GameReadyDriver installed, I also tried to enable DLSS with CreatorReadyDriver, but the button is also inactive.

But when DLSS appeared in Battlefield 5 - I could enable DLSS, it did the picture bad (as if lowering resolution), but it was included.

Also I was told that the problem may be in the version of NGX, but now I have the latest version - 1.2.14.115 on GameReadyDriver (and 1.2.14.120 on CreatorReadyDriver)

Help please...

It seems that the 2080Ti does not support DLSS at 1440p, only 4K.
  • iigloo
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can we have one comment from the devs about the SLI-issue?
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iigloo wrote: »

Given how thinly-stretched the BFV team is and the sheer number of issues that are plaguing this game right now, do you actually expect anyone to say anything about SLI? They have way too many other things to focus on right now. Don't hold your breath waiting.
  • iigloo
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Given how thinly-stretched the BFV team is and the sheer number of issues that are plaguing this game right now, do you actually expect anyone to say anything about SLI? They have way too many other things to focus on right now. Don't hold your breath waiting.

Yes, i expect that because it´s one of the other big issue this game have.
  • RayD_O1

I know you are right, but still hoping :) we need to keep this thread alive and maybe one day you never know...……….
  • jasonvp
    Yes, i expect that because it´s one of the other big issue this game have.

It doesn't even register on their RADAR for "big issues". I can almost promise you that. Their list of "big issues" at this point probably includes the bug fixes, further content, and whatever else is next for the Battlefield franchise. SLI and mGPU is low noise for them.

I'd suggest resetting your expectations, or you're going to continue to be disappointed.
  • Jinko_itx
    692 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    please allow 1440p DLSS on the 2080 Ti thankyou
  • Jinko_itx
    692 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I know you are right, but still hoping :) we need to keep this thread alive and maybe one day you never know...……….

I strongly suggest getting the i7 8700k pushing 2 1080 Ti's if and when they allow SLI for this game
  • jasonvp
    Jinko_itx wrote: »

That's an NVidia limitation, not a Dice one. You'll need to yell at NVidia. And don't expect an answer, because the hardware can't do it.
  • desigangsta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx wrote: »

That's an NVidia limitation, not a Dice one. You'll need to yell at NVidia. And don't expect an answer, because the hardware can't do it.

Are you serious the hardware can't do it? That's a total cop out. Many people who buy the 2080 TI intend to only play it on 1440p monitors. Why would the hardware allow you to play on 4K which is more taxing on a GPU, then on 1440p, which is less strenous. The card should have enough ram, and speed to be able to tackle that right?
  • jasonvp
    Why would the hardware allow you to play on 4K which is more taxing on a GPU, then on 1440p, which is less strenous. The card should have enough ram, and speed to be able to tackle that right?

That's not how DLSS works, unfortunately. The tensor cores that are handling the DLSS can't keep up. The 2080Ti can handle 1440p at a frame rate in which the tensors can't. Therefore, NVidia won't allow the 2080Ti to do DLSS in 1440p. Only 4K at a slower frame rate.

NVidia-imposed limitation, not a Dice one.
  • RayD_O1
    Once again nothing for SLI users in todays update.
  • desigangsta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp said:
    Why would the hardware allow you to play on 4K which is more taxing on a GPU, then on 1440p, which is less strenous. The card should have enough ram, and speed to be able to tackle that right?

That's not how DLSS works, unfortunately. The tensor cores that are handling the DLSS can't keep up. The 2080Ti can handle 1440p at a frame rate in which the tensors can't. Therefore, NVidia won't allow the 2080Ti to do DLSS in 1440p. Only 4K at a slower frame rate.

NVidia-imposed limitation, not a Dice one.
    Then why has it been enabled on Metro Exodus and Anthem? New updates have enabled it. 
  • cobragt4001
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After the update I get this weird screen tearing and ghosting or flicker on textures when I move the mouse. I'm running 980s in sli but I see the same screen tearing when one card is being ran. I'm also gaming on a gsync monitor.
  • Nzz1
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So what is going on? Nothing as usual with sli?
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nzz1 said:
    So what is going on? Nothing as usual with sli?
    I reckon we have a better chance at winning the lottery, than getting sli official support at this point. Not that it matters much though, as sli works just fine if you setup sli yourself, as described in my guide : 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1