Weekly BF

Battlefield V Will It Improve

austoin101
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I made a statement yesterday but I always get bothered cause I love the game so much and I dont want it to die or see dice give up the on it do u gamers thing they can bring it back or do u think it’s just gonna die and have no chance

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It will improve.

New maps are coming, new modes are coming but the question is will it be enough?
  • austoin101
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your very right on that will it be enough hopefully on the new theatre of war it just comes with a whole crap ton of maps
    It will improve.

New maps are coming, new modes are coming but the question is will it be enough?

• PackersDK
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 5
    It would be nice to say that it is going to get better. But it is the same people responsible for the previous 6 months worth of BFV that is in charge of the remaining 18 month of the games lifecycle. So I don’t know really.

And I’m not even necessarily having a go at the devs at Dice, perhaps they are under-staffed, or under impossible deadlines, who knows. But something is not working.  

A steady stream of new maps would be nice, and perhaps that will save the game somehow. As for any other thing related to the game concerning from class balance to micro-transactions, bugs, patches and what not... I don’t see what grounds you’d base any optimism on?

I got some new vehicles, gun and a single map. But I still feel like I’m playing a beta. After 6 months...
  • GITwigg
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They released firestorm and I could get in to a couple matches 4 months later and it has gotten worse....... every game I try to go in error code 1 or 2.... so pathetic, even when I try to play solo it says squad match making failed..... get it together Dice....
  • Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure it will be better eventually but I would hope they put the next tide of war on hold to fix the core issues that are currently plaguing the game.
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    It will die by 2020 when the next BF game comes out.  

Imrpove is a very vague word.  I mean if they fix one little thing from here on and out then it's "improved."

What I don't think they can do is change it into a different game.  They are stuck with the game they made.  

yep...I mean **** I want to love this game but they dug their own grave with half the ideas they are implementing, between the terrible ToW dripfeeding, monotonous cosmetic system with questionably priced boins, gamemodes like FS and the 5v5 mode that split the playerbase despite the whole reason Premium was originally cut off was to stop splitting (ironically it makes me miss it more). Once the Pacific update comes around it will be a miracle if the game manages to pull of a R6S and gets popular, but that's wishful thinking.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    questioning if a game will improve halfway through its lifecycle should answer itself. they dont have the ability to improve, just move up the content release dates in hopes of stopping the bleeding
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA isn't going to abandon BFV, it's one of their flagship titles so they'll continue to release maps, patches etc. until BF6 launches.  But EA is having problems lately, their stock price is down, they've laid off staff, so I wouldn't look for BFV to get as much attention as it needs.  IMO one of the core problems with BFV is a tighter budget than previous titles, and that's due to EA's unfortunate business choices.  If they're arrogant enough to refuse to learn the lessons this game should have taught them, then I wouldn't expect BF6 to be any more successful than BFV.  EA says BFV sold as many copies as BF4, and obviously there is a steady supply of new purchasers based on all the low-rank players showing up, but it's still in the shadow of BF1 in terms of sales.  It's not a bad game, it just could have been considerably better.
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give em a year. Like people have said, hopefully they’ll drop a treasure chest of maps and weapons when the Pacific’s released and by then most of the bugs and balance issues will hopefully have been worked out like it happened in BF4
  • research-kitchen
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will improve but the damage is already done for BFV
  • IDazzlerazzle
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    It will die by 2020 when the next BF game comes out.  

Sad but true, like with every bf game they release 
  • GrizzGolf
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it does. I really enjoy this game 
  • SirBobdk
    4118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will improve, but it will take a long time and may be too late.
    BC3 and BF6 will kill BFV before It reaches a quality level worthy of a BF game imo.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA is releasing another Star Wars game before the Rise of Skywalker releases in theaters. There's your answer on why there's barely any content in BFV. They have to allocate resources to ensure that game doesn't get delayed given that the movie has a set date.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA is releasing another Star Wars game before the Rise of Skywalker releases in theaters. There's your answer on why there's barely any content in BFV. They have to allocate resources to ensure that game doesn't get delayed given that the movie has a set date.
    But that is not a DICE game , it is Respawn. 

• CHAMMOND1992
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 6
    G-Gnu said:

It doesn't matter. EA allocates developers between studios depending on the importance of the game. This was revealed in a Kotaku article about Anthem.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:

It doesn't matter. EA allocates developers between studios depending on the importance of the game.
    You think they have drawn resources from DICE to Respawn , maybe.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3 new maps within the next two months for regular game modes.  As well as 5vs5 game mode with new maps.  Besides possibly rent a server program pending.  Its getting there slow but surely.