I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If that's the case I'll come back
    There's no rush (pardon the term).  "The end of summer," is when they are due.
  • DigitalHype
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Didn't you mean "Private Games"? :) It is welcome news. I'll certainly take it. But, I have concerns.

1. Player bans are not going to be possible at first. Only kick. We all know how this will play out, when it comes to combating cheating and toxic players. Until we get ban function, it will probably do little to allow. And the answer for when we get ban functionality? You guessed it! Soon(TM).
    -
    2. It will still be dynamic EC2 instances like current DICE official. They will be torn down when the server empties, and have to manually recreated by the administrator. This will require some babysitting, or someone to always seed it to keep it from disappearing. If it goes to 0 players, and the instance gets deleted, I hope it will not be removed from other players favories, which get linked to a server instance id.

It looks like they have plans for more features and a paid tier eventually. So hopefully it will become increasingly appealing to clan communities.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    Don't forget.

From ONE site, from ONE hack writer...A list of the cheats and their number of downloads.

ONE free site, from one hack writer.

https://imgur.com/Ql5icPf
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    "The end of summer,"
    That's perfect. Gives me time to get some bloody work done!

This is actually a really positive development, one that I wasn't actually expecting after six months.

No Fjell. No Aerodrome. Health Regen off. Squad leader only spawn on. OBVIOUS CHEATERS GET THE BOOT.

I'd play that server 24/7.
  • -Antares65z
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    Apex just banned 1 million players.

But according to you there aren't that many cheaters out there? Regardless of the game, if it's a shooter game on PC, it's a cheat-free-for-all until these companies start making it a priority to curb cheating in their games.
  • CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But according to you there aren't that many cheaters out there? Regardless of the game, if it's a shooter game on PC, it's a cheat-free-for-all until these companies start making it a priority to curb cheating in their games.

I never said that. All i said is i seriously doubt that there are cheaters on every servers all the time. English much?
  • PonyCereal
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    CaptHotah said:

I never said that. All i said is i seriously doubt that there are cheaters on every servers all the time. English much?

Yeah from my experience that's probably the case at least on the NA servers. I hear things are quite different over in Asia. Lately i'd say it's fair to see maybe one or two noticeable ones on average in a couple hours of playing.
  • DancesWthMice
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    unbin my post please

• DancesWthMice
    I've been browsing this forum for four hours and have only read 1 post by a cheater.....yeah right!!!

Like they are only in game, and wouldn't dream of throwing out red herrings here.

A red herring?  The hackers...They would lie?  Is that what you are saying?

You mean, if on the "hack forums," they say they are getting banned...we should not take them at their word?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was comparing those who say;

"I played for four hours and only saw one hacker" to the idea that you could read this cheat thread for four hours and only read one post by a cheater trying to run interference. Both ideas being ridiculous. Play for fours, you're going to play with a whole bunch of hard and soft hacks. Read this thread, and you will see a lot of content written by cheaters.

The red herring is in reference to running interference. Saying things like, "you're not getting hacked, it is just bad netcode".

Loved your post about the manipulative nature of the Statement, "I've only seen one hacker", which is intended to drastically minimize the problem while retaining plausible deniability. For the most part it is intellectual dishonesty, used liberally by cheaters participating here. I say for the most part as some players are simply not good enough to understand where the edge of the envelope may be.

• DancesWthMice
    edited May 9
    duplicate

Post edited by DancesWthMice on
  • DancesWthMice
    edited May 9
    duplicate

Post edited by DancesWthMice on
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    JPhysics said:
    @Red_Label_Scotch
    Bores me to death to be honest, because hes only shared his experience and that is as obvious as it gets.  What it comes across to you is your interpretation of it.

That is what it comes off like, to me.  Something like, "I saw no hackers, and I am the person to believe."  He is turning his opinion into a statement of personal authority.

I'm not going to defend the guy as only he know his intentions (didn't I say that before) but jumping to conclusions and twisting peoples words to suit your own cause isn't impressive.

The post went through the "spam filter" that is why it came out late.

• Loony
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    Well, if private servers do progress can i request to future admins....

1. Please keep the full map rotation.
    Yes, I hate some maps with a passion and wish i could skip them but love other maps because I have not played them for a while. Its a balance. The reason i left BF4 was because all my local servers were "locker 24/7" ... before that "Wake Island 24/7"...yes I lvoe that maps too but not 24/7.
    Hey, maybe im the odd one out here, sometimes it is great to play that "one" map YOU love again and again... I have that urge too.. but also enjoy the full experience. 

*Sorry, off topic in here, ill move it to other thread*
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    Tonight's incel:

https://imgur.com/z9qG3Sg

https://imgur.com/Z4c269l

Video is on my youtube channel.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played about 6 rounds of squad conquest. Nothing suspicious even stat wise. 
    Luck of the draw i guess or they are just running in bigger modes now.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Once RSP arrives with admin controls, suspected cheaters will be getting removed quickly. Either they will have to tone down their cheats to a level playing field so as not to stand out or go find another game to cheat in! RSP can't come fast enough. Time to clean up a good game and get clans back for oldtime battlefield fun in the evenings.
  • Ceph777
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Once RSP arrives with admin controls, suspected cheaters will be getting removed quickly. Either they will have to tone down their cheats to a level playing field so as not to stand out or go find another game to cheat in! RSP can't come fast enough. Time to clean up a good game and get clans back for oldtime battlefield fun in the evenings.
    With the **** state of Firestorm, I feel I may end up back on in normal BF modes, playing on cheat free community run servers :) :) :)
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    Ceph_v74 wrote: »
    FierceBrosnan007 said:

With the **** state of Firestorm, I feel I may end up back on in normal BF modes, playing on cheat free community run servers :) :) :)

It will be refreshing to be able to create custom servers with maps of preference and limit certain aids and weapons as per request. Make it a bit more hardcore and hopefully the sweet spot 48 players option comes back too. Cheat free will be top priority on privately run servers especially if our clan comes back on board. I'm sure others feel the same.

IME over the years, well admined servers were full every evening and they were the most enjoyable places to hang out and have fun. RSP coming to BF V will provide a clean space for Clans and legit players who have become tired from the current state of dirty play.

Icing on the cake now would be Easy AntiCheat being added to BF V. Have the option of EAC being available on these privately run servers. Come on Dice/EA. Make it happen.

A big thank you for bringing RSP back. Total game changer.

Post edited by FierceBrosnan007 on
  • DigitalHype
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played about 6 rounds of squad conquest. Nothing suspicious even stat wise. 
    Luck of the draw i guess or they are just running in bigger modes now.
    This weeks weather is not the climate.
This discussion has been closed.