Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to have a public server running a few different modes on only the best maps with both MMG's and AP Mines banned. If this lets me do it then good job.

Actually, no the option to disable attrition and have actual full health regen without the "med-packs for everyone" mechanic would be good too.
    The game might actually be fun with those rules. I'd probably start playing as much as I used to with in the other Battlefields if we had populated servers with those rules.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 7
    warslag said:
    Too Little too late and no details at all on the paid Private Games, vague time frame "AFTER SUMMER" just doesn't cut the mustard. Hollow promises. Just another BF1 Incursions distraction that failed to get off the ground and people had moved on to BFV it will probably never get fully implemented and just be test mode like Incursions was.  This is just to whet your appetite until the next release of BF. Smoke and mirrors. I find it strange that DICE/EA can remove UK servers completely but then promise Private Games with servers in the geo location of the players. Will UK "Private Games" servers be located in the UK or in Germany where you have forced them to play? 
    https://www.battlefield.com/en-au/games/battlefield-1/modes/incursions

I don't understand why make such a big announcement and only provide half the information? Very disingenuous of EA/DICE.

NO explanation why it has taken them this long to get to this point in time, if they had come out and laid out their plans from the beginning, we would have been playing Private Games now.  Everything points to the rushed nature of development of this game where things have been left out only to mysteriously be promised at a (much) later date. 

Clearly nothing has been developed, just words on a website. 
    That's a bit harsh. Also, incursions was a terrific little game, which was just too complicated for most Battlefield players to get the hang of. But Battlefield players tend to have an all or nothing outlook about things and hated it. It could possibly have been the start of something brilliant.

Sorry, I am not jumping up and down with joy at this announcement, praising the Lord and singing "Hallelujah"  Such a short memory we all have with the release of the BFV trailer and the resultant backlash has made me cynical in my old age.  It's still too little too late, many players have left the game and the BF franchise altogether. Doubt  this will bring them back 
    Also, incursions was a terrific little game, which was just too complicated for most Battlefield players to get the hang of

That's not what EA/DICE are stating publicly. You are not on the same page. You do realise they came out and publicly stated the following, that many aspects of Incursions were introduced into BFV. Now if what you are saying is true and has some basis in fact, why would they do this if these aspects were "too complicated for most BF Players"  Doesn't make any logical sense does it?

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-1-incursions-sunset

Player input on Battlefield 1 Incursions made its way into aspects of Battlefield V, such as sharply reduced 3D-spotting, changing suppression to be audio-visual only, and more predictable gunplay that rewards high-skill players. We want to thank the Battlefield community for providing that feedback, joining those play sessions, and digging into Battlefield 1 Incursions to improve the competitive experience for new and hardcore players alike.

• sabootheshaman
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

diagoro said:
    Not quite sure what to think of the free option.

On one hand this was always a revenue stream, which right now could mean life/death of new content. I'm also assuming there will be a thousand private servers at a time, more badmins, and truly divides the player base.

I recall some great private servers from BF4, but there were usually issues keeping them as favorites (they would remove themselves after a few days), and most weren't searchable.

Paying for RSP could of course help financing server-costs but Dice has never really made a lot of money on RSP. They have stated that several times before.

This model will give the community more control of how the servers are run without any cost to the community, and if they make it work in a way where several different people can start the same server it could actually work pretty well. Also hopefully this model could be implemented in future BF-games (even though BF1 had the same problem with missing RSP in the beginning).

Gonna be honest - 
    RSP has NEVER been a significant source of revenue. 

-Braddock512-

But the ancillary revenue created from the goodwill and improved experience from the community. PRICELESS. 😬
  • PvtJohnTowle
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    I don't understand why an independent company could bring out a great program that you could control a rented server called "Procon" but here we are still waiting. If they have all the controls that come with Procon (including the ability to have scripts run to kick high pinger) then it should be applauded. But I am not putting all my eggs in one basket at this early stage. No word on whether if you start your own Private Game if you can turn off the ridiculous chat censorship. Looks like that will still be a "feature" of Private Games. Even though the game models voices clearly swear and use foul language, including the "F" word. Welcome to the Nanny State. Also Private Games you can manually switch players between teams to even them up but still this doesn't happen in the EA run and managed servers we have now.. This can and should be done by the algorithm, which BF1 had. I am sure it's not that complicated to do. 

• NLBartmaN
    3599 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since everybody will be able to create a server I will create one and name it server with ping limit and kick every player with unstable or too high ping if the configuration of ping limits with message or autokick is not available :#
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 8
    NLBartmaN said:
    Since everybody will be able to create a server I will create one and name it server with ping limit and kick every player with unstable or too high ping if the configuration of ping limits with message or autokick is not available :#
    It's that sort of behaviour that puts-off game producers such as EA from letting people have rented servers.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

As long as you put this in server description so players who join know that and preferably with a message why they have been kicked ( due to high ping) I wouldn't have a problem at all. I will presume these Private Game servers will show their ping upon looking at the server browser , just like we have now and indicate they are Private Game and if they are passworded with some sort of icon or display.
  • NLBartmaN
    3599 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    It's that sort of behaviour that puts-off game producers such as EA from letting people have rented servers.
    Then they need to fix the Netcode (remove/lower high/unstable ping compensation), Servers and add a ping limit and Region Lock themselves ... then that behaviour is not necessary ...
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    No confirmation of a Paid Private Game Server, one that will stay up all the time. Sad but true. Even Braddock512 is stating publicly "IF" even though  this was all known in Feb by Westie  as per his tweet today and they still are playing dumb on these specifics.  Really poor on EA/DICE's behalf 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/blsfks/community_broadcast_the_evolution_of_rsp/emsc5t6?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

If there is a paid service, it’s a ways off. And we’ll let you know ahead of time.

But Westie confirms this was in Feb that EA/DICE were going to introduce this Private Games https://twitter.com/MrProWestie/status/1125795495232921603

I found out about this back in February at a Game Changers event but wasn't allowed to discuss it publicly. At the event the DICE team presented to about 30 of us and we all gave it the thumbs up, especially the part where a base offering will be FRE

Until I get confirmation from EA/DICE of a full time server that I can pay for, then really this is just another half-hearted effort that doesn't bring much to the table in terms of community. Just a lot of 12 years getting sadistic enjoyment to be "Badamins" for a few hours a day. 

• Braddock512
    1325 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Since you keep quoting Westie here and on Reddit, let me clarify for you:

The Game Changers went to Stockholm on March 12th, not February. (I was there, in the room, when we talked about Firestorm, RSP, and the state of Battlefield V with them. Then we played some Firestorm.)  
    They were given an overview of the service - what we've announced today - and potential future state. As it's not confirmed until we lay the base ground work and roll this out, see how it works for the masses, etc. -  it's not confirmed. 
    Therefore, the repeated requests for information on "Paid Service" will, unfortunately, be unsatisfied as we don't have all those details yet (or if we are fully going that route.) That's why I said "IF". 

As I mentioned on reddit, have a great day! 

-Braddock512-
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    Since you keep quoting Westie here and on Reddit, let me clarify for you:

The Game Changers went to Stockholm on March 12th, not February. (I was there, in the room, when we talked about Firestorm, RSP, and the state of Battlefield V with them. Then we played some Firestorm.)  
    They were given an overview of the service - what we've announced today - and potential future state. As it's not confirmed until we lay the base ground work and roll this out, see how it works for the masses, etc. -  it's not confirmed. 
    Therefore, the repeated requests for information on "Paid Service" will, unfortunately, be unsatisfied as we don't have all those details yet (or if we are fully going that route.) That's why I said "IF". 

As I mentioned on reddit, have a great day! 

-Braddock512-
     I am going by what Westie tweeted and also posted in Youtube video and associated comments .  I even quoted the tweet and link. He stated February. So either one of you is lying. 

Pinned by Westie
    I honestly didn't think this was going to be a thing! When DICE pitched it to me in February I was really surprised... it's a great time for the community!

• bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If there are servers that can disable mmgs and ap mines.....I would never leave.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    The only thing I don't get is why if this was shown to Gamechangers in March, why not tell the community about it then? It would have created a lot of goodwill and the people who were frustrated by the last of any RSP news might have stayed around longer knowing it was coming. It just seems like it created a lot of bad will that really didn't need to be created. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    Putting up servers that only last whilst there are people playing? Then they disappear.  How are you going to find it again the next day, the next week?  Randomly put up by the one person for different times and dates.  Well that's going to work well isn't it to bring the community together isn't it. The only way if you have a small group that are on discord and can advertise times and days when it will be "up" 
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I could control ping limits I would never leave.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 8
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

One of them is lying? This may come as a shock to you, but it’s far more likely that someone is just mistaken. In case you weren’t aware, 100% of the human population have faulty memories. That’s one of the many reasons why people write things down. Considering it is Braddock who would have access to EA’s schedule of events, which would be written down as a matter of record, I would assume it is he who is correct and Westie who is mistaken.

Are you telling me you would forget about going overseas & the process of buying tickets and accommodation only three months ago? Going to the game developers studios and sitting down and taken photos of your time there which are all time and date stamped and then producing a video for thousands of subscribers and somehow get the month wrong of when you were there? I dispute your attempt at facts that 100% of the human population have faulty memories. Clearly a number you have plucked out of thin air with no semblance of proof. Your attempt at the suspension of disbelief is incredulous to say the least. I would say Westie would have noted everything down at the time that was said about the game. He is in the business of producing videos about the game (it's his full time job) and his credibility has to be maintained beyond reproach.

I am a lot older than Westie and would have no problem remembering such a momentous occasion that was bestowed on me as a member of the elite Game Changer club, including the month it happened only three months ago

You haven't ever heard of Hyperthymesia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia