BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The more I think about it... EA is like free willed woman who sells her body for pleasures of men for quick money, no investment on providing better services just a casual pick up and drop off on the street.
  • CrashCA
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Radio silence continues.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If and when you do get them it better not be like that hot garbage in BF4 where every server says it got 60+ players on but there are only 10 people playing.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/04/battlefield-v-london-servers-were-disabled-to-increase-matchmaking-times-but-it-causes-problems-for-users/82805/

Speaking of radio silence from EA and servers... Apparently EA shut down the London UK and the Ohio USA servers due to to few players and to many servers. This was suppose to decrease wait times but instead increase server lag. Their have been a large number of complaints and no word from EA.

Oh the promises of more conversation with the community. 
    The promises if the players want it we will ad it.
    How many more empty promises can EA make?

Why won't EA just let us run our own servers. Then it would be our own fault if the server if full or empty. It would be our own policing for cheaters. BF4 had them and there are still more people playing it than BF1 or BFV. Why? Because that is the game people enjoy playing.

Battlefield 2020 anyone? We learned from our past 5 games of mistakes and won't do it again. Yeah we say that after every game and before the next failure, I mean launch, but we really mean it this time. Please buy the next battlefield. Anthem is tanking now and it was a free game. Buy the next BATTLEFIELD everyone!

Anyone?

Anybody?
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How embarrassing .The game is 6 months old and quickly dying . I guess they are using their limited resources for Bad Company 3 .  
  • opsis_1
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How embarrassing .The game is 6 months old and quickly dying . I guess they are using their limited resources for Bad Company 3 .  
    Unfortunately they will ruin that too. They need to just give up...their time has come and gone.
  • SirBobdk
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    opsis_1 wrote: »
    Hercules728 said:

Unfortunately they will ruin that too. They need to just give up...their time has come and gone.

I hope not. I hope they get bc3 right and the same feeling of rush we had in bc2.
  • Axlerod1
    Speaking of Radio Silence from EA and Game Servers... Apparently EA Shut down the LONDON UK server and the Ohio USA server and now there is horrible lag. They shut the servers down due to many servers and to few players to lower wait times. Complaints have been large and EA's comment is as usual, nonexistent.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/04/battlefield-v-london-servers-were-disabled-to-increase-matchmaking-times-but-it-causes-problems-for-users/82805/
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffamb0 said:
    I'm just going to quote the thread I made because I didn't realize there already was a 65!! page thread on the matter.

"I'm not a fan of the actual foundation of the last 2 BFs but one of the biggest reasons they don't feel like past Battlefield games is because there is no communities. It's a casual shooter and communities are the glue that keep players playing. 

In BF4 I would get excited to jump into my favorite server CMW #2 HC Rush because I knew I'd have friends in the server and rivals and both would be PTFOing and the desire to play well and help my squad and team win brought meaning to the game. 

In BF5, I jump into faceless servers with random people and it gives me no real motive to try hard. There is no soul. 

The decision to get rid of rentable servers is such a bafflingly poor decision.

Instead of having the player base pay for their own servers, which created communities and made the game much much better, Dice has decided to pay for all the servers themself, taking on a huge cost just to make the game significantly worse."

I honestly love this franchise and my complaints are only a reflection of that. I feel bad for the good folks who worked really hard on this game only to see that everyone is unsatisfied. If you are one of the devs who worked hard on this game, just know I along with many others appreciate you. I know a lot of these poor decisions are made at a higher level. 

The group of devs that turned 10hz BF4 into 30-144hz BF4 are amazing and I can't thank them enough for making that game amazing. I was really hoping you guys would continue to go in that competition friendly direction and to some degree you did with the 60hz BF1 servers. I really think 60hz should be the baseline with the option for 100hz for more competitive servers, just like counter strike source.

Anyway, if you worked hard on this game or any of the games in the past, I want to say thank you and while this game didn't pan out, I know there's dedicated, talented devs that can and want to make a great BF in the future. We stand by you 100% and know our complaints are only because we care for the franchise and don't want to see a corporate entity destroy it. 
    Very well said!!
  • Per_Hashisblad
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • CrashCA
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope so, but we will see.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unbelievable! Good news!
  • Axlerod1
    Ea is making a last ditch effort to save face on Battlefailed V. 

DO NOT expect lots of updates to RSP after it launches either.

Again, After 30 days, I will evaluate whether to buy the game or not. By then the game will be 9 months old. 
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:

Again, After 30 days, I will evaluate whether to buy the game or not. By then the game will be 9 months old. 
    By the time RSP rolls out, this game will have half the players that it has today. And that isn't a lot. If they roll out more maps by then, RSP will rejuvenate some of the player base, mainly of those who left because of the cheating. If they allow Custom servers to show up in the browser with default filters, then perhaps RSP could help rebuild the population even more.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe late but better later than never....
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    287 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some of the communities will stick around to the bitter end regardless, so anything RSP related will be a much welcomed addition.
  • CrashCA
    edited May 8
    Axlerod1 said:

Or even older, as EA record on delivery is spotty.
    And if they disappear when empty, will be hard to rebuild a community.