This Week in Battlefield V

Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• VRtroper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    There are things that are missing or not well explained.

For example;

1.- Is it possible to put a password on private servers?

2.- Is everyone going to be able to create a customized server?

2.1 .- If everyone can create a server, is there the possibility that there are many servers and saturate EA facilities?

3.- It is necessary to add the option to eliminate sights (optics) in all the weapons (Less snipers)

4.- Add the option to limit ROL, so that in the server there can not be 15 snipers per side.
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    VRtroper wrote: »
    Braddock512 said:

The Rented Server
    Program, or RSP for short, is a topic that continues to be discussed with
    incredible passion across the Battlefield
    Community. We’ve talked a little about it previously, but we’re now in a
    position where we can give you a more complete update.
    Yes, take this as your confirmation that RSP is coming to Battlefield V and work is already underway.
    The title of this
    Broadcast is “The Evolution of RSP” and that’s an important factor to consider.
    As we progress, we’ll be taking the RSP program as you know it and rebranding
    it as “Private Games”. 
    We’ve got a lot of information to cover, but let’s hit the highlights first:

RSP is now rebranded as Private Games
    It’s coming after this Summer
    It will be available for all Battlefield V players
    We plan to offer the base level of Private
    Games tools for FREE
    Now let’s dive into the nuts and bolts of Private Games.
    PRIVATE GAMESWe’ll be rolling out
    Private Games after this Summer to all Battlefield
    V owners, and development will evolve over time. Today, we want to detail what
    you can expect for the first release.

Private Games will grant
    you the ability to create your own Battlefield
    V server, directly from within the main menu, or through a browser via a
    new web service that we’re creating. The servers that you create will remain
    online while there are people playing on it. If no one is active on the server,
    it goes away. But don’t worry! With the server configs saved locally, the ability
    to quickly start a new Private Game or switch between various server setups
    will be available.
    The servers you create
    will be located at the closet ping site to you and will be placed within our
    own server infrastructure.

There will be no cost
    for base level of Private Games tools, it will be free for everyone.

So, what’s in the box? For the first phase of
    Private Games, we’ve included some important “must-haves” as well as administration
    tools to let you control your server.
    These are the features we plan on having live
    for Phase 1, but some items could be added or shifted to a later phase. We’ll
    definitely keep you informed over the coming months.
    Core Functionality

Create private game from main menu
    Set custom name for the server
    Set description for the server
    Password protect the server
    Control what maps are used within the map
    rotation
    Control what game modes are available
    Control the number of players needed to
    break pre-round
    Kick players from the current game
    Control what classes are available
    Control what weapons are allowed
    Control if vehicles are allowed
    Control if the kill cam will be displayed
    Turn friendly fire on or off
    Turn regenerative health on or off
    Change soldier tags as visible or not
    Enable or disable third-person camera view
    Enable squad leader spawn only
    Enable or disable aim assist auto rotation
    Enable or disable aim assist cooldown
    Control bullet damage scaling
    Control game mode ticket scaling
    Control soldier and vehicle respawn timers
    Turn the mini map on or off
    Enable or disable the compass

Organization Options
    Apply a pre-set config to a private game

Vanilla, Infantry only, DICE-authored etc.

Save your server settings as a custom
    preset so you can reapply at will
    Have your name highlighted in chat if you’re
    the owner of the server
    Administrate and manage server settings in
    the main menu or via our Private Games web portal
    Have the description of your Private Game
    presented on the loading screen
    Manually switch specific players between
    teams
    Report private games in the advanced
    search screen

This is just the beginning. We’ll be following up with further updates, such as creating and managing lists of moderators, VIPs, and banned players, and more.

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
    What is the Community Development Initiative? 
    Simply put, it’s building features and improvements in
    partnership with our passionate community – working hand-in-hand on the games
    we all love.

One of the core
    benefits of utilizing this Community Development Initiative for Private Games
    is that it allows us to build our features directly alongside all of you.
    As we progress further
    down this road we will be engaging more with our community as to what you want
    to see included with Private Games. We know that this is a subject that you’re deeply
    passionate about, and we’re extremely grateful that you’ve put voice to that
    passion. 

At EA PLAY, we’ll be bringing
    you a Dev Talk, or, as they are now known, On the Battlefield. Here, we’ll
    answer some of the biggest questions we’ve been asked up until then and provide
    a status update on Private Games. We want to ensure that you’re up to date on
    what to expect, and when to expect it.

There will also be
    times when we bring the community into the studio to playtest and feedback on
    Private Games firsthand. We surfaced this at a recent Game Changer event and received
    a ton of great feedback which is already helping shape what we deliver and
    when. As we drive to improve communication and transparency – something our
    Community Development Initiative is founded on – we’ll ensure that those who join
    us for playtests and feedback sessions are armed with information to speak
    openly to you all about this feature, the progress we’re making, and the next
    steps in the development of Private Games.
    Private Games is a feature
    that we’re committed to, and we look forward to talking to you more about this
    throughout this Summer.
    There’s more to come,
    and thanks for being a part of the Battlefield
    journey with us.

There are things that are missing or not well explained.
    For example;
    1.- Is it possible to put a password on private servers?
    2.- Is everyone going to be able to create a customized server?
    2.1 .- If everyone can create a server, is there the possibility that there are many servers and saturate EA facilities?
    3.- It is necessary to add the option to eliminate sights (optics) in all the weapons (Less snipers)
    4.- Add the option to limit ROL, so that in the server there can not be 15 snipers per side.

I pointed this on the Reddit thread and Braddock512 replied as quoted below
    Is there ever any satisfying you, man?

And vague? You have a list of features, you have confirmation it’s coming, and you have a timeframe when the first iteration is happening.

And all the stuff listed - free.

Good luck on getting a concise and clear answer. I think the jist is that we should all be grateful that we are giving you something for free but don’t ask for any details until we tell you.
  • UKServersWHEN
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "The servers you create will be located at the closet ping site to you and will be placed within our own server infrastructure."

will uk servers be based in the uk or germany?
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "The servers you create will be located at the closet ping site to you and will be placed within our own server infrastructure."

will uk servers be based in the uk or germany?

I think they stopped UK servers already, so based on this it could mean: Germany.

• VRtroper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is late but it seems that Battlefield is on the right track.

Sorry ViolacióndeDerp
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will make some more comments now:
    Private servers are coming, these are great news. I already lost hope with this. So thank you for this again @Braddock512 !
    You made a lot of people happy with this! 
    What comes to starting functions, I noticed that VIP/Bans are not there at the first version (coming later), please if possible please make them be already in the first version, because permaban is a needed function at the start, I saw that kick function was there at least at the first phase. 
    Few other comments, official server starting requirements are quite high at the moment, would be nice that those official requirements are also lowered before these private servers are coming. Also there is a bug at the moment with current server starting requirements, if player count goes lower than required after the round, there is no preround, server stays in the stage: waiting for the players and no one can't move, usually causing even an official server to go empty-it should be fixed before. Matchmaking, please make it happen to Private servers that are Ranked and are in certain values. 
    Server starting requirement can be set lower, that's a good thing, pls make sure it won't affect to server visibility (in BF1 we could not use that because server "disappeared" from the browser, so we were forced to use official requirements). 
    Server disappearing after it's empty, this can be problematic, let's explain this a bit:
    We need favourites back to server browser (as they were in BF1), if you have favourited the server and it disappears after it's empty, it also disappears (at least temporarily) from your favourites list, I know it will be back when a server is back online but still. 
    One more noticement, is the server owner only one who can "start" a server at morning with this local setup that is stored? How about when a server owner is on 4 weeks holidays, should everyone create a new server for that time? I hope it's solved in a good way   Communities want to have a steady community server that is in people's favourites and stays there  
    Question: Will there be a premium server setup, that you have to pay but it keeps your server online 24/7? 
    Anyway I know more info will be posted later, I just wanted to bring out some concerns  More comments will be coming later.  Cheers!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    This sounds like these private servers will be unranked?
    What would be the point if it was unranked? Password protected would definitely be unranked, but we want to build this feature for the community. Free servers forced to be unranked isn't a good deal. 

GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Yeah free is nice and don't wanna sound ungrateful.  FREE base server will be what exactly though?  Will it be ranked?  If its not ranked then that could be a hold up for anyone to join at all.  Will it be ranked and count towards TOW as well?  Free have player count dip like not 64 players or what?  Would of been nice if they specified whats in the not free version.  Would of pretty much answered everything.  Also says......

"It’s coming after this Summer."    June 21 is Summer.  So anytime after that.  Time is ticking.  Also a password is a big hold up.  Unless you leave the password on the server name.  But then can anyone change the playlist without admin's permission?  It could be a pain to populate a free server when everyone is trying to do it.  Heck back in the day it was a pain to start a server up when we paid for it.  That's with money.  Now free and everyone possibly doing it.  It will be a pain to populate a server.  Besides handing out the password to everyone.  Unless i'm wrong and the password is for the admin to change the playlist and menu rules but open to join in without a password.  Then its gravy long as its ranked and counts towards weekly TOW's.

Okay. Lots to unpack here. Where to begin?

Free base server will be exactly what is listed in the blog. 
    Yes, it will be ranked.
    Ranked & count towards ToW? That's a great question and I'll get than answer for you. 
    Not sure what that next question "have player count diip like not 64 players or what?" Can you rephrase/clarify?

Yep, AFTER Summer. It's coming after the Summer ends. If I said "It's coming this Summer", then your statement of "anytime after that" would be correct.
    Password protection is for private matches. Regarding security, only the Admin (Owner) will be able to change the server settings. Once we add moderators, there will be levels of permissions. 
    RE: Populate server - I'm checking into if these servers will have matchmaking options - or if people can vote them up and they get featured, etc. 

-Braddock512-
    For players dipping I meant will the free version be 64 player server?  Or will be less for free?  I was just trying to guess what the not free version entails. My guess the not free one would let us have all game modes no matter if they're time limited or not cause we maybe get them as permanent since the server is paid for.  Example Grind or rush.  While free version you lose the limited game mode when the weekly mode vanishes.  Just a guess for what the no free version gets.  Also gonna guess were allowed to only have one mode per server unless they have same server player count for the game mode.  Example you can't have a 64 player conquest for one map then next map its domination and only 32 players.  So the other 32 players get dropped.  I cant remember what happened in BF3 when there was a different game mode added after a large player base was forced into a smaller mode like gun master?  I think server froze and everyone just about got the boot.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "They were given an overview of the service - what we've announced today - and potential future state. As it's not confirmed until we lay the base ground work and roll this out, see how it works for the masses, etc. - it's not confirmed."

Here's the problem, sounds like it's not even built, or in a working state. Like they're desperate to announce something positive, so threw this out now.

Time to temper our enthusiasm until there is a working version.
  • AjeepDog
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thank You!

I can not wait to see this service grow and develop throughout BFV and beyond!

• nudmurph101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait boys! 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All we want is bog standard RSP. Things kept simple.

I fear what we’ll get is DICE RSP with loads of added “clever ideas” that nobody wants and will also probably cause more issues.
    Or worse, something like it was in BF1, which I always thought was EA's "Step One" in their plan to do away with rented servers.  First make them trash, then drop them altogether.  It still amazes me that EA thought it was a good idea not to let clans pay for thousands of servers and make them an expense for the company instead.
  • UKServersWHEN
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 why was the uk megathead removed without providing us with an update?
  • Jaskaman
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    iamwiener said:
    This sounds like these private servers will be unranked?
    What would be the point if it was unranked? Password protected would definitely be unranked, but we want to build this feature for the community. Free servers forced to be unranked isn't a good deal. 

GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Yeah free is nice and don't wanna sound ungrateful.  FREE base server will be what exactly though?  Will it be ranked?  If its not ranked then that could be a hold up for anyone to join at all.  Will it be ranked and count towards TOW as well?  Free have player count dip like not 64 players or what?  Would of been nice if they specified whats in the not free version.  Would of pretty much answered everything.  Also says......

"It’s coming after this Summer."    June 21 is Summer.  So anytime after that.  Time is ticking.  Also a password is a big hold up.  Unless you leave the password on the server name.  But then can anyone change the playlist without admin's permission?  It could be a pain to populate a free server when everyone is trying to do it.  Heck back in the day it was a pain to start a server up when we paid for it.  That's with money.  Now free and everyone possibly doing it.  It will be a pain to populate a server.  Besides handing out the password to everyone.  Unless i'm wrong and the password is for the admin to change the playlist and menu rules but open to join in without a password.  Then its gravy long as its ranked and counts towards weekly TOW's.

Okay. Lots to unpack here. Where to begin?

Free base server will be exactly what is listed in the blog. 
    Yes, it will be ranked.
    Ranked & count towards ToW? That's a great question and I'll get than answer for you. 
    Not sure what that next question "have player count diip like not 64 players or what?" Can you rephrase/clarify?

Yep, AFTER Summer. It's coming after the Summer ends. If I said "It's coming this Summer", then your statement of "anytime after that" would be correct.
    Password protection is for private matches. Regarding security, only the Admin (Owner) will be able to change the server settings. Once we add moderators, there will be levels of permissions. 
    RE: Populate server - I'm checking into if these servers will have matchmaking options - or if people can vote them up and they get featured, etc. 

-Braddock512-
    For players dipping I meant will the free version be 64 player server?  Or will be less for free?  I was just trying to guess what the not free version entails. My guess the not free one would let us have all game modes no matter if they're time limited or not cause we maybe get them as permanent since the server is paid for.  Example Grind or rush.  While free version you lose the limited game mode when the weekly mode vanishes.  Just a guess for what the no free version gets.  Also gonna guess were allowed to only have one mode per server unless they have same server player count for the game mode.  Example you can't have a 64 player conquest for one map then next map its domination and only 32 players.  So the other 32 players get dropped.  I cant remember what happened in BF3 when there was a different game mode added after a large player base was forced into a smaller mode like gun master?  I think server froze and everyone just about got the boot.
    - Previous titles before BF1 you could run 64P servers with all modes (PC-Procon), with consoles you couldn't. Eg. we had 48P server where we run Rush/CQ/ some other modes like GunMaster. 
  • OskooI_007
    779 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 8
    @Braddock512 I think @PvtJohnTowle is just mad because he thinks he won't have total control over 'his' private server. He seems like the type of admin who bans a lot of people.

I think it's cool DICE is providing dedicated private servers for free. Players can choose to play on official DICE servers with no admins, or private servers with admins.

I'm the type of player who usually plays on official DICE servers to avoid admin abuse.
  • Nonswimmer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP  as great as that is. without new MAPS to play on it wont matter that its hosted by yoour buddy. the game is stale MAPS yoiu have a pool of old maps. just use something anything,. we are all so bored. and now your going to be working on RSP we will get Less maps then i had hoped. now you have a excuse to not release maps. (oh  we were working on rsp). GIVE the community a CLEAR roadmap over the next year on how much content we will be receiving and the dates so people  the reason you wont do it is because you have  such a underwhelming lack on content  . like you did with previous titles from the premium.  how can you still hold the carrrot over aour heads and expect us to be happy?
  • ez4u2hit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will I be able to creat a server for people who are terrible at the game so I can finally have some fun? Not just people who are good at the game that bought it.
    Being able to block everyone who's stats put them in the top half of players might bring slow potatoes like me back to play.
    I know, I know...good players want to mop up people like me and how dare I want to play against people of my own level. I just just enjoy dieing constantly. I'd really like to play but I don't get ten feet.