Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

PartWelsh
50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 23

Morning folks -

For those loading up Firestorm today, a note that we have removed Duo from the rotation.

Why is Duo leaving?

Duo received an overwhelmingly positive reaction at launch. It debuted during a weekend, and was initially done so only as an early first look at the mode. Duo was originally designed as a limited time offering similar to Grind and Rush, and featured as limited time content in Chapter 3.

When Duo was first removed, you told us that you wanted to see it come back and we were happy to support.

Since then, we’ve seen more folks jump back into Squads mode, with less preferring to Firestorm it up in Duo - so we’re going to get back to the original plan today and we’ve disabled it’s matchmaking.

Will Duo return?

As with other limited time modes, we never say never. We're confident that we'll see it again!

Limited Time Gamemodes

Similar to Firestorm, the core Battlefield experience receives plenty of rotation of temporary modes like Grind, Rush, Squad Conquest, and soon - Outpost.

We’re going to look at ways to ensure that you all have the opportunity to enjoy these modes after their initial availability, without compromising the matchmaking experiences for players who’d prefer to stay with the base game modes.

This is something we’re exploring as part of the development of Private Games which you can read more about here. We’ll keep you updated on that as we build out the feature via Community Broadcasts like this.

Please do let us know what you think below,

Freeman

Post edited by m1k3ol on

Comments

• OskooI_007
    710 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    I hear a lot of players complaining that it takes forever (5+ mins) to get matched into a FireStorm game. Perhaps this is due to a low player count and DICE needs to limit Firestorm to just two game modes in order to speed up matchmaking.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol this company
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here we go again ...

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here we go again ...

Lol, I'll grab a beer too.
  • LEXXZAN
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    meh20382 said:
    Duo's was the only game mode I played. I only play with my cousin on ps4. We'll definitely not be playing solo or squads. I hate squads because 90% of the time the other two guys go off on their own and get killed and we eventually get ambushed by a full squad. Duos was perfect.

I've tried to to stick with this game but all these limited time game modes and various bugs still in the game make me want uninstall it. That's why the player counts are low. Not because duos wasn't good. But because you rushed out an unfinished game. 

Amen.
  • luky31
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very bad decision. Duos was great when you have 1 friend who play BFV.
  • SmoochyGnome911
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean seriously? Does it cost you anything to just keep IT? Im so angry right now! EA is a piece of **** to be quite frank. You f up everytime. And egen youre servers are down... (and thats a lot of the time) IT takes way too long before they are back up... and what do the gamers Get back in return for being pacient... nothing... nothing other than an appology... so angry! So so angry!
  • Wimston
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not know what you think but in the battlefield community NO.

- Now we understand why every time they are less in this community, due to your mistakes .... ERROR + ERROR + ERROR

(IN THE COMMUNITY WE WANT BATTLEFIELD MODE DUO, FOREVER)

NOT TO ACTIVATE MODE DUO, NEVER PURCHASE A BATTLEFIELD AND ... We are many, more than you imagine, who think the same.

** YOU SHOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT PEOPLE AND LISTEN MORE TO THE COMMUNITY, DO NOT TAKE US MORE THE HAIR ... AS ALWAYS **

-I hope that with this I will recap you that the money is put by the community, we are the client and the one who pays the games, and the money makes you 

keep working ... DUO MODE ACTIVATED NOW, and stop reraising us.A GREETING .
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    You give it to us and then you take it away. The community voice their opinion and they almost universally love it and it is widely regarded as the most enjoyable game mode for Firestorm. Then you decide to take it away again.

I must say I'm gobsmacked - I don't know what is going on at DICE but you're dropping the ball so frequently that it is alarming. Are the player numbers that low so soon after FS release that 3 modes can't be supported? That's alarming too.

Are you trying to kill the game early on purpose because you're doing a brilliant job so far?
  • Wimston
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am REMOVING battlefield V, you are a LIE, what we like the most, turn it off, .. DUOS MODE OFF???

If you can look in my original account, you will see that today it is desistalao or BATTLEFIELD V and if I can I ask for the full refund of my money,

aver if you already know a **** time and leave the queers aside,

*** MODE DUOS ON ACTIVATED NOW ***

-YOU ARE LOSING MANY PEOPLE FOR YOUR BAD MANAGEMENT AND LITTLE CONSIDERATION TO THE COMMUNITY ..

-THE NEXT DELIVERY OF BATTLEFIELD THE COMMUNITY WE WILL THINK IF TO BUY OR NOT BUY THE GAME, SUCH AS YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMUNITY .. WE DO NOT DECEIVE OR TAKE MORE THE HAIR, YOU MUST BE MORE ADULT, AND KNOW WHAT WE LIKE, AND MODE DUOS LOVES US, ,,

• Wimston
    edited May 9
    I am REMOVING battlefield V, you are a LIE, what we like the most, turn it off, .. DUOS MODE OFF???

If you can look in my original account, you will see that today it is desistalao or BATTLEFIELD V and if I can I ask for the full refund of my money,

aver if you already know a **** time and leave the queers aside,

*** MODE DUOS ON ACTIVATED NOW ***

-YOU ARE LOSING MANY PEOPLE FOR YOUR BAD MANAGEMENT AND LITTLE CONSIDERATION TO THE COMMUNITY ..

-THE NEXT DELIVERY OF BATTLEFIELD THE COMMUNITY WE WILL THINK IF TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY THE GAME, SUCH AS YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMUNITY .. WE DO NOT DECEIVE OR TOMEIS MORE THE HAIR ,,,

_BATTLEFIELD COMMUNITY DO WE WANT DUOS MODE?

YES: 71% NO: 29%

WILL YOU KNOW IF YOU DO YOUR WORK WELL?

-BUT LEAVE A LOT TO WISH, IN THE NEXT DELIVERIES NOTAREIS OUR DISCONTENT .. MANY IREIS TO THE STREET (((  EA I HOPE THAT YOU TAKE CONSCIENCE OF THIS CALVARY OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE HIRED WHAT, IT MEETS OF YOUR INTERESTS AND OF THE COMMUNITY, THAT PAY THE GAME)
    A GREETING .

• Collision_TN
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh said:

Limited Time Gamemodes

Similar to Firestorm, the core Battlefield experience receives plenty of rotation of temporary modes like Grind, Rush, Squad Conquest, and soon - Outpost.

I thought Fortress comes first.
  • StalkinJungleCat
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stop with this BS just leave it. Correlation doesn’t mean causation, just because there are more people who drown when people eat more ice cream doesn’t mean that ice cream is causing more people to drown.  Just like it doesn’t mean that people don’t like duo and want squads because you see more traffic there. Ask yourself could it be that people may only be going to squads more because they have more of their friends going online to play in bigger groups than in the past where they only maybe had one friend on a the time, and did want to play with randos who don’t have mics to chat. Start adding new content instead of taking it away. Make a new map already. PUBG has 4 maps. Get your **** together DICE