I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Once RSP arrives with admin controls, suspected cheaters will be getting removed quickly. Either they will have to tone down their cheats to a level playing field so as not to stand out or go find another game to cheat in! RSP can't come fast enough. Time to clean up a good game and get clans back for oldtime battlefield fun in the evenings.
    Have you read the latest update on Private Servers (the new branding for RSP)? This isn't going to be released with a banlist function. Only kick. That isn't going to work, when it comes to policing. Many cheaters will come right back after being kicked. Some will even call in friends.

The post stated admin ban lists might come in the future.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FierceBrosnan007 said:
    Once RSP arrives with admin controls, suspected cheaters will be getting removed quickly. Either they will have to tone down their cheats to a level playing field so as not to stand out or go find another game to cheat in! RSP can't come fast enough. Time to clean up a good game and get clans back for oldtime battlefield fun in the evenings.

Have you read the latest update on Private Servers (the new branding for RSP)? This isn't going to be released with a banlist function. Only kick. That isn't going to work, when it comes to policing. Many cheaters will come right back after being kicked. Some will even call in friends.

I wouldn't get hung up on the finer details which have yet to be discussed and put in place. Kick, ban and ban lists will all be there down the line. There will have to be the option of banning offenders and preventing them from rejoining. With multiple admins and sub level authority on a server, cheating can be reduced to acceptable and enjoyable levels. (The main issue with the game right now that is turning folk off) Once you get the regulars coming and filling up the servers each day you have more eyes working against anything highly suspicious. We have no problem with skilled players but those with downloaded skill will need to be extra careful or they will be placed on a ban list! I know some very experienced gamers who know what to look out for and how to catch these dirty players out.

Who knows what other tools Dice might also come up with between now and the end of the summer also. They are apparently working alongside EAC.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FierceBrosnan007 said:

I wouldn't get hung up on the finer details which have yet to be discussed and put in place. Kick, ban and ban lists will all be there down the line. There will have to be the option of banning offenders and preventing them from rejoining. With multiple admins and sub level authority on a server, cheating can be reduced to acceptable and enjoyable levels. (The main issue with the game right now that is turning folk off) Once you get the regulars coming and filling up the servers each day you have more eyes working against anything highly suspicious. We have no problem with skilled players but those with downloaded skill will need to be extra careful or they will be placed on a ban list! I know some very experienced gamers who know what to look out for and how to catch these dirty players out.

Who knows what other tools Dice might also come up with between now and the end of the summer also. They are apparently working alongside EAC.
    While you may not, I am goign to get hung-up on this. Because, I feel some in the BF community are so giddy right now, they may be overlooking the significant distinction between a feature which alows an admins to kick vs. a feature which allow admins to ban. DICE devs in reddit have stated it will not release with ban functionality. And, IMO that should be a top priority, when it comes to features needed by the new "Private Servers" function. Without this ability, it will do little to allow the community to self-police. Which is one of the major drivers for many (myself included) who want RSP.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FierceBrosnan007 said:

DigitalHype wrote: »
    FierceBrosnan007 said:

While you may not, I am goign to get hung-up on this. Because, I feel some in the BF community are so giddy right now, they may be overlooking the significant distinction between a feature which alows an admins to kick vs. a feature which allow admins to ban. DICE devs in reddit have stated it will not release with ban functionality. And, IMO that should be a top priority, when it comes to features needed by the new "Private Servers" function. Without this ability, it will do little to allow the community to self-police. Which is one of the major drivers for many (myself included) who want RSP.

What I meant was, I'm fairly confident the ban option will come whether or not that's when Private Games is launched or at a later time. We want that ban feature just as much as you do. Even if at first their was a kick feature coupled with an auto kick list where you could add offenders and this would keep them from rejoining. (Kicked with a message why on join attempt) Pretty much same thing as a ban list but could be refered to as auto kick maybe if it meant having it from the start.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given they have differences from the RSP model most of us are familiar with, I will address them as private servers as they are officially refereed to as.   I think there is too much ground to make and further discussions to have amongst the dev team before we disagree on what they will finally look like.  Despite announcing that this feature would arrive end of summer with core functionality with kick capability,  advanced functions would come at a later date (banning was listed as an advanced feature) but understandably they won't release details of its form because it is work in progress.  
    FierceBrosnan007 mentioned they are working alongside EAC, sounds more promising than the existing method, was this mentioned on reddit?  Speaking aloud so don't draw conclusions from it, does that mean they are going to implement it or take advice from them to implement their own ban list method, which could be shared with other private server admins?  I fear that because EA have a habit of bringing their developers under one umbrella, cutting out the middle men to maximise their profit/resources.   Either way, because they claim the process hasn't got that far yet the details of the banning process will remain an unknown.
  • PonyCereal
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Spectating someone aimbotting one of the grand operations servers. Not really hiding it either as he has more kills than the next 3 ranking players on his team combined.  For some reason trying to queue for combined arms to finish up ToW insists of sending me to this game.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Tonight's hacker.
    https://imgur.com/abxt2rE

11.33 KDR.  3.59 KPM.

3745 headshots.  6347 total kills.
    39.73% accuracy.
    1d 5h 28m

Cumulative headshot ratio over 50%
    https://imgur.com/a/vYVpcH7

The round I played before I spectated him:
    https://imgur.com/bJEFTiG

Specator view:
    https://streamable.com/gaz40

The report from this round.
    https://imgur.com/sgSOgwI

Report to DICE sent in on 5/9/2019 at 8:15 PM.

Posted on REDDIT, posted on my youtube page

Oh, and he has a hack that allows him to crash spectators viewing.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This guy was in a round with me today.

https://imgur.com/IwdGa3z

Lots of you guys, "see no hackers."

I wish I had your crappy vision luck.
  • Loony
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, and he has a hack that allows him to crash spectators viewing.

Wow ok... I was watchin a sus player a while ago and I crashed out. I thought it was me or just a bad connection. Explains alot as I returned and continued to watch *the next hacker* with out the dropout.
  • DancesWthMice
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Red_Label_Scotch, I tried to find your youtube channel but was not successful.
  • PonyCereal
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait the spectator crashing is a hack? I thought it was just a unresolved game bug.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    Wait the spectator crashing is a hack? I thought it was just a unresolved game bug.
    Try spectating a non-cheater...see if you crash.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    edited May 10
    Red_Label_Scotch, I tried to find your youtube channel but was not successful.
    Here I am.
     *removed as your videos fall under name & shame*
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    PonyCereal said:

People do crash viewing non cheaters.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    PonyCereal said:

People do crash viewing non cheaters.
    Boy, it sure doesn't happen to me very often.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Until we see it with our own eyes and know what control server admins will have, let's reserve judgement.  They still have several ways to screw this up, BF1 being a good example of that.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP seems like such a backwards way of handling private servers and helping with the cheat issue. I'm constantly shocked at what a bad job DICE is doing with BF5. PC wont have a player base left by summer at this rate. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    CaptHotah said:

"cheaters in EVERY match" is highly exaggerated. Yesterday i played 3-4 hours (conquest, tdm and squad conquest) and i havent seen 1 cheater.

no it's not exaggerated. there's usually several cheaters in every game. it's not always the guys with the top kills and often the guy with a score like 20-10 in the middle of the scoreboard.

I seriously doubt that.

Edit : i just encountered a hacker in squad conquest. He wasnt very obvious. He was throwing smoke often and shoot everyone through it. It was the only hacker ive seen today after 4 hours of play.
    You think you saw one hacker in 4 hours. In truth, a bunch of cheats saw you, but just neglected to introduce themselves.
    And the hackers know who the other hackers are.  Form friendships and what not...
    That's how someone in a clan I once belonged to was caught, his name turned up on a certain website, then a bunch of already banned players (from Russia) were spotted on his friends list.  The clan leaders considered it close enough to proof that he was told not to show up in the clan servers anymore.  He didn't even bother to dispute it.  The funny part was if you'd asked anyone in that clan who they suspected of not being legit, his name would have come up--I think people's gaming friends usually have a pretty good idea when someone is coloring outside the lines.
  • CashmereAngel
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not surprised by this. They might be observing the servers to see which players are coming in with what. They're a handful amount struggling to even run the game. Even if they have recently deployed gaming hardware. Battlefield 3 and 4 was like this too.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    iChronox
    2 points·7 hours ago

We reported him 2 weeks ago, aimbotting on twisted steel with assault rifles, he said the same stuff (stolen credentials, etc) and that EA/Dice are not capable and won't ban him.

You shouldn't give this person attention, hope his/her life improves, he must have it rough and probably uses aimbot because of it, to feel less bad for his/her life.

ReplyGive Award
    ReportSave
This discussion has been closed.