UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 9
    @Braddock512 can you please arrange to have this Megathread re-pinned.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah we need to keep this thread active.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 10
    Don't be abusive to others. If "they" wanted this buried it would be locked and moved to admin area out of sight. You can loosen the tinfoil.

But don't just bump in order to get it closed.
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The UK servers are gone and they have given their reason. I don’t think we will get much else on this thread from them.

The only thing I want to feedback is although the German servers are still just late 20s ping for me, they feel ‘sticky’ and the US East servers performance is better (even though I have 88 ping there....)
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    The UK servers are gone and they have given their reason. I don’t think we will get much else on this thread from them.

The only thing I want to feedback is although the German servers are still just late 20s ping for me, they feel ‘sticky’ and the US East servers performance is better (even though I have 88 ping there....)

I wouldn't worry too much that's the extra glue holding them together.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    KPNuts74 said:

I'll give it a shot, there is something amiss with the German AWS datacentre in Frankfurt, it's running like a dog with 3 legs.
  • RayD_O1
    KPNuts74 said:

Actually the last official post on this forum was from @Braddock512 on 26th April (page 16) and said :-

don't have an update. 
    My first task was to find out why this wasn't shared with the Community Team before it happened so we could gauge the reaction (pretty obvious what it would be - has been). I'm still trying to get that info. 
    The second task is to find out why - exactly why this was done other than to "improve matchmaking speed by widening the pool of potential players attempting to matchmake". 
    For that, as well, I'm still working to get a detailed answer to share. 
    Finally, I'm pushing to get clarity on next steps - will they come back, what data is this generating, etc. 

I don't have those answers (and it is frustrating because y'all deserve that information), so I'm sorry I don't have an update for you right now.
    That being said, from what the team has analyzed so far, ping has increased, on average, by 10-15ms, for some, up to 20-25ms. But still with in acceptable and non-compromising ranges for MP in Battlefield V. (That's all I know ... so far.) 

-Braddock512- 

So that is why I feel they haven't given an official final response on this and we should still be asking for one. Ultimately we all want the servers reinstated and I feel we should keep pushing for this.
  • NuttysKunKs
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps they will be reinstated with RSP?

Since it’s free maybe they were freeing up dedicated servers for private use?

Just a hopeful thought
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have switched to almost exclusively playing squad conquest because of this.

With fewer players in the game there is less chance of a high ping player ruining hit reg.

The 10 ping increase wasn't my issue, but on larger game modes there are far more laggy players in the German servers.

• RayD_O1
    Perhaps they will be reinstated with RSP?

Since it’s free maybe they were freeing up dedicated servers for private use?

Just a hopeful thought
    Here's hoping :)
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My first grand ops game since losing UK servers. 5 high ping players in the game and hit reg was so shoddy it took a full Bren magazine to kill one player at point blank range! I'm going back to squad conquest where there are fewer players and less chance of oor laggers.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Delta245 said:
    I feel uk problems, how about ea dropping Ohio US server hub as well, I’m from the Midwest and I am experiencing everything you uk players are having, I have a 30 ping no packet loss no jitter on my end yet I’m having icons popping up almost every time I play, die around corners check hit detection horrible check. Both servers hubs were essential, and this is beyond ridiculous. They should be reinstated or at least explained exactly why they were closed.
    Braddock said earlier in this thread

From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. 

Reading between the lines, matchmaking has become a problem due to too many locations and not enough player population to support the matchmaking. Also I read it as a major cost cutting exercise because the game is failing to retain players due to obvious reasons. I won't go in to them here as I'm getting bored of repeating myself. 

The facts are that they disabled both of these without any warning and have been sly and underhand since. Refusing to answer a simple question that has been asked many times from many players. To be frank I find Braddock to be disingenuous, coming on here saying he is truly sorry and then carrying on the same as he did before. Classy y'all
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    ElliotLH said:
    FYI the Community Manager for UK&Ireland has posted a link to a new survey on Twitter: surveymonkey.com/r/BFVAPR 

Most of my feedback was urging him to communicate with the community he is meant to be managing.
    Thanks for the link

An anonymous person just left feedback that the UK Community Manager is anonymous. I wonder who that was? ;P
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldn't they post in their own forums when they have surveys out? I would have never known if you hadn't mentioned it. Almost like they don't want responses.
This discussion has been closed.