Option to switch shooting controls L1 & R1

TheJames1579
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 30
I think there should be an option to switch shooting controls from L2 & R2 to L1 & R1 instead, this would make it easier for myself and i'm sure many others. If possible please discuss this further and or send it as a suggestion to be added into the game

Comments

• PrairieGeek
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can do it in the ps4 menu but it would switch system wide. You would want to switch just for the game session I'm thinking
  • uzi_clip1
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just go to custom controller options. You can customize any buttons and some that aren't assign. I changed all of them because my arm got ripped off in a work accident now I jump with L2 and throw grenades with circle lol.
  • likeaboogie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I change L1-R1 to L2-R2, I can't use the "air reinforcement" menu by pressing L1+R1
  • PrairieGeek
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remap them individually in custom button mapping menu in game not at console level
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I change L1-R1 to L2-R2, I can't use the "air reinforcement" menu by pressing L1+R1
    That's because you are overriding the default mapping for those buttons.
    If you remap L1R1 you need to remap the function they were doing to L2R2.

Hste to say it but the easiest thing to do is to swap them in the ps4 accessibility menu.
    Yes it changes for every game but you can add Accessibility to the PS4 Quick menu.

• The_BERG_366
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

because then it is on L2-R2... I mean L1-R1 is then aiming and shooting. what do u expect to happen? the game reading your mind to determine if you want to shoot while ads or to use the reinforcements?
  • Ploodovic
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

because then it is on L2-R2... I mean L1-R1 is then aiming and shooting. what do u expect to happen? the game reading your mind to determine if you want to shoot while ads or to use the reinforcements?

Yeah, you wouldn’t be able to shoot while ADS, because it would bring up the reinforcement menu every time. :D
  • ps_865
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did that few weeks ago when I all of a sudden could not fire a sniper (only) in BF5. So I found about that hard coded R2 press threshold, and instead of buying a new controller, I went to the PS4 options and switched the buttons. And now I like it better this way
  • someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go to accessibility settings and there should be an option for custom button mapping. I would then add accessibility settings to the quick menu so you can quickly enable/disable custom button mapping when switching between different games.