This Week in Battlefield V

Duos removed, seriously!?

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    But DICE are fixing the game to be great? That's what I've seen the delusional people posting anyways.

Also read something recent about Australia and New Zealand not even having any servers.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go free to play to boost players if there arent enough to populate duos.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Or maybe... just maybe the majority of playerbase doesn't give s single thing about firestorm meme so it's already dying and Dice had to do something to keep the remaining population.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE: "We're removing Duos, because our hard data shows that the majority of players prefer to play the Squads mode and in the interests of maintaining a healthy population for the majority it is the right thing to do"

Crybabies here and on Reddit: "Why remove Duos MaKEs nO sEnSe!"

Can't fix stupid.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    You guys are ruining this game. Duos is all anyone played, squads are horrible, and noone uses a mic. How can you not keep duos as a permanent game mode? You guys have trash servers on this game and yet we DIEHARD FANS still stick around. Im sorry, if you dont bring duos back ALOT of people along with myself and family members will stop playing this game entirely

I personally love playing squad with friends most and DICE is reacting to actual server stats (rather than you just saying everyone just played duos.....)

Dice doesnt respond to server nothin. Which is why every game mode they bring out is 2 weeks and they toss it aside regardless of how popular it is

It would make no sense for them to do that. If a mode generates the player count, they would keep it going.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE: "We're removing Duos, because our hard data shows that the majority of players prefer to play the Squads mode and in the interests of maintaining a healthy population for the majority it is the right thing to do"

Crybabies here and on Reddit: "Why remove Duos MaKEs nO sEnSe!"

Can't fix stupid.
    You think that players who played duos would switch to solo or squad? Lolno, they would just find another game. Solo Firestorm is pure cancer. For squads you need more people. Also loot balance in squads isn't good enough IMO.

Dice clearly didn't think this though, as usual.
  • Dr3amstation
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why have you removed duos again? Favorite game mode, the fact that EA Is behaving like and insecure girlfriend when it come to duos is laughable. “Welllll I’m not sure”. You have a decent product in firestorm however I feel you are leaving some of the fan base out in the cold. Personally I love duos and its the only mode i play. This back and forth is making me very angry. Honestly I’m just going to move to another game where the developers know what they are doing (which seems to be a rare thing when it comes to Battle Royale). Thanks for the kick in the teeth again EA, you are losing a longtime customer 🤬
  • Dr3amstation
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why have you removed duos again? Favorite game mode, the fact that EA Is behaving like and insecure girlfriend when it come to duos is laughable. “Welllll I’m not sure”. You have a decent product in firestorm however I feel you are leaving some of the fan base out in the cold. Personally I love duos and its the only mode i play. This back and forth is making me very angry. Honestly I’m just going to move to another game where the developers know what they are doing (which seems to be a rare thing when it comes to Battle Royale). Thanks for the kick in the teeth again EA, you are losing a longtime customer 🤬
  • Marvin69
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back duo!!! Please
  • drjones2004
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed what the crap is this
  • AvdukA94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Thinking the same you guys must put back DUO...
  • drjones2004
    Play duos a lot and love it! So read article say it's not popular enough, even though I disagree. When playing squads with 2 I see almost never another 3 or 4th person added to team, yet playing with 3 I almost always get a forth in a split second, could even kick them and still get another. My suggestion to balance teams is low number teams get filled first! This word help low number teams to push in game instead of being slow and hiding just to play odds of trying to make to the end. Please at least think about it'
  • Vinarian
    postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why you guys would think it was a good idea to just remove it is beyond me.
    I enjoy Firestorm a lot, even though the playerbase is low and a lot of BF veterans seem to hate it (I don't know why).
    Solos works fine but it just feels this game is made for teamplay. Squads is ok but the queue times are longer and playing with randoms is often a bad experience!
    Duos is where I enjoy this game the most when going with randoms. I even met a guy wich I now play regularly with.

Please reconsider and return the duos option.
    Alse consider a free2play firestorm only version.

Best of luck in the future.
  • drjones2004
    Agree! Duos may not be the most popular mode in fortnite, pubg, etc but it doesn't exclude its potential player base, so all the potential money it can make on players/ battle coins is now down because of a bad decision to exclude the duos player base
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's exactly what they do. DICE has seen people switch to squad mode in higher numbers. It's cold hard data they have at the end of the day, they're not guessing.

The idea that people go, "I can't play duos now so I'm just gonna not play anymore", is ridiculous. What actually happens in general is they just queue up with their buddy and play in a squad.
  • MrCamp121
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys are ruining this game. Duos is all anyone played, squads are horrible, and noone uses a mic. How can you not keep duos as a permanent game mode? You guys have trash servers on this game and yet we DIEHARD FANS still stick around. Im sorry, if you dont bring duos back ALOT of people along with myself and family members will stop playing this game entirely

I personally love playing squad with friends most and DICE is reacting to actual server stats (rather than you just saying everyone just played duos.....)

Dice doesnt respond to server nothin. Which is why every game mode they bring out is 2 weeks and they toss it aside regardless of how popular it is

It would make no sense for them to do that. If a mode generates the player count, they would keep it going.

So..rush? Grind? Both were highly popular. Explain
  • meh20382
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    That's exactly what they do. DICE has seen people switch to squad mode in higher numbers. It's cold hard data they have at the end of the day, they're not guessing.

The idea that people go, "I can't play duos now so I'm just gonna not play anymore", is ridiculous. What actually happens in general is they just queue up with their buddy and play in a squad.

Hi, I'm a duos player. Only play with my cousin. I haven't played Firestorm since they removed duos. I've played squad before. It's not fun with two randoms. No mics, they don't share loot, they go off and die and reveal my position. If I happen survive my cousin and I get destroyed by a full squad. Real fun, I know. When duos came out, it was a blessing. The idea of me not playing Firestorm now is not ridiculous, its fact.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So..rush? Grind? Both were highly popular. Explain

Please provide the stats to prove those modes were popular enough to keep servers full long term. No, you don’t have them, all you have is your opinion and whiny posts from the vocal negative playerbase. DICE have the stats to help them make decisions.
  • DaQuaz2284
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. If that incompetent manager that just posted about taking Duos out due to the lack of que time for Squads, and if he actually thinks the Duo Firestorm players are going back to that disaster...then this game is in serious trouble. It is pathetic to think Duos we’re doing bad, it was just as fast as Solos and a lot faster than Squads. The dumb **** matchmaking for Squads do not work if you have 1 friend already in the squad. Wait 5 minutes just to go into a 2v4 game. Well, if they pull Duos, then along with a few friends I play with...it’s hack to PUBG or Apex. Screw these people in charge. First they were blind to being **** to the player base when people didn’t appreciate the force fed political bull & then the multiple updates that cause more bugs than the patch fixed- this game that has SO much potential...stands no chance with them in charge.
  • JZAB15
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    KPNuts74 said:

Please provide the stats to prove those modes were popular enough to keep servers full long term. No, you don’t have them, all you have is your opinion and whiny posts from the vocal negative playerbase. DICE have the stats to help them make decisions.
    These modes were removed because of the tides of war gimmick, to add "fresh" content. Nothing to do with stats. Why was rush, a staple in the series for a decade, removed before it had a chance? Yet Domination which has a half full server a day on PC was not removed (it shouldn't be btw)?