BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7169 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    But only the ones run well will remain in time.........

(god we can only hope)
  • stabbinhobo
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 said:
    RSP with 24/7 active servers and active (good) admins may (I think it will) save this game.

The NGz (discord community https://ngz.fps.net) will have at least one server, maybe more, depends on price and options available.

Personally I can't wait for it.

Again folks.. what they are proposing is... not... RSP. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every kid and their mom is going to open a server....cause it's free.
    "Look Mom! I'm a server admin!"
    BANNED!

BANNED!

• CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    Nice to see you again, Rev.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 12
    @CrashCA

Thanks. I still pop in here and there.

I really don't think EA thought this "Free Server" setup through. Or maybe there's a malicious side effect.

They allow for free servers, then dump all the officials over time. Thus reducing their costs. If the community doesn't actively drive the servers the game dies. Could end up being a double edged sword.

"We gave you servers and you didn't use them."
  • CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately, agree, all too possible.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    I dont see this "every kid and his mom" as a problem because you can just start one yourself for free. So what if a kid bans you from a temporary free server? It is only going to last until it goes down due to player numbers. Just start one yourself.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see this "every kid and his mom" as a problem because you can just start one yourself for free. So what if a kid bans you from a temporary free server? It is only going to last until it goes down due to player numbers. Just start one yourself.
    There will be so many servers at release date...Everybody will want their own server...I am wondering how long before some people just give up and play on someone else's server.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    John doe's will give it a whirl and find that it's pointless without a community backing. But still there will be enough of a server flood that EA/DICE could potentially start shutting down their official servers. Spinning up an instance isn't free to EA.

1,000 players booting an instance is still 1,000 servers that costs EA money. I don't see EA eating one nickel of that cost.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    John doe's will give it a whirl and find that it's pointless without a community backing. But still there will be enough of a server flood that EA/DICE could potentially start shutting down their official servers. Spinning up an instance isn't free to EA.

1,000 players booting an instance is still 1,000 servers that costs EA money. I don't see EA eating one nickel of that cost.

But they haven’t excluded that these “free” servers don’t come with some sort of in-game advertising have they? I suspect until they categorically deny in public that there will be no pushed advertising then I am going to assume whenever we start up a server we will see some sort of advertising for their products or affiliates or any other similar company that relates to gaming e.g Corsair or Logitech. They will be paying for their advertising space. That’s why they will be free.
  • stabbinhobo
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Again..... This is not RSP.....

Only a handful of servers up at any given time anyway... 

Give us REAL RSP. 
  • ShevermiN
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I did call it  :)   free auto servers so we can have access to the whole game.  Just pinged 23 odd servers for BF4 here in Australia, and those servers cost a bomb. Never more than 5 with players in them though.

100 servers with 4 players each grinding company coin, well they do have combined arms so I'm ok with that.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like I get dropped out of a server at least once a night lately.  Last night I was having a blast on Hamada conquest with M28.  Then I loss squad leader then seconds later bam I was dashboarded and heard some weird noise in the speaker.  This for XBOX1.  Seems a regular thing now since that bad EA servers crash other weekend.
  • Rev0verDrive
    I'm kinda curious as to what AWS regions are going to be available for these servers. I know they are auto chosen on creation based on ping, but are ALL AWS regions being used for the best choice?

For example
    NA ( Ohio, Virginia, California, Oregon ) .... not just Ohio/Virginia
    EU ( London, Ireland, Frankfurt) ... not just Frankfurt
    etc...
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm kinda curious as to what AWS regions are going to be available for these servers. I know they are auto chosen on creation based on ping, but are ALL AWS regions being used for the best choice?

For example
    etc...
    London and Ohio was shut down if that helps you out.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Axlerod1 said:

For example
    etc...
    London and Ohio was shut down if that helps you out.
    Yeah I know which is why I'm curious about regional availability.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As with all in this game its too late no matter what they do at this time. IF they make RSP it will be something we never wanted it to be and absolutely for sure without procon support (which almost all good admins and platoons/clans wants).
    If someone grew a brain at DICE, they would make it possible to RENT a server at a hoster with the possibilities to use procon thus setting the parameters you wanted (like bf3 and bf4).
    (we here at DICE listens to the community!!! what community are they listening to ? LEGO racers ???)

The "new" UI was the beginning to the end for DICE in the BF franchice and they keep strolling down that road ....
    The glue in bf2,bf3 and bf4 was the large community where we could socialize - with both good and also bad servers but you and I as players quickly learned to stay away from the bad ones and even tell others in our battlelog chat to stay clear of them
    so lots of them died and the good ones .. well lots of them is still there in both BF3 and BF4.
    Denying us these social aspects as well as running our own stuff (procon and similar)
    is killing all BF in the future.

Exactly. They make fun of the community. On twitter, reddit facebook, at the question : do we have the return RSP and procon. Never answer, a big lack of respect on the part of the developers.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if you are waiting on procon, give up now. That goes against EA's live service model. Welcome to the better player experience! Coming Soon!