Straw Poll - If EA/DICE were to concentrate on improving just ONE aspect of BF V what should it be?

FritzCT
333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2019
For me it's to implement a decent anti-cheat.

An anti-cheat system that is demonstrably working would not only eliminate cheaters but would restore gamer's confidence in this game thus reducing false accusations and reinforcing belief that players could play  in a (relatively) cheat free environment.  

Fritz
Post edited by FritzCT on

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fixing all the bugs.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on xbox so I don't really see any cheating but I could see where this would be a top priority for PC players.

Personally, I'd like more maps. Just one or two every 8 months is unacceptable.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My suggestion for Dice would be to change their arrogant better than thou attitude towards its customers and keeping their own personal politics and agendas out of our video games.

Its bad enough puting up with all the rubbish in the real world  from people looking for social brownie points or forcing their politics and agendas onto you and giving you a label in a bid to socially shame you into accepting that agenda if you dont accept or agree with those opinions/bias.
    we certainly dont need/want it forced into our products that are supposedly to be fun and help us forget about all the nonsense in the real world.
    So despite the existence of things like poor network performance, or the weak anti-cheat, or the lack of fresh content, or (so far) no rented servers, the thing that makes you grind your teeth is female characters?  Yikes.

While I'm not against female characters, the way they were handled were a joke. First, they made cyborg ninja ladies with outlandish facepaint, then, they went too far the other way and made men with b**bs. Plus the fact the screams they have (and to be fair the men also have just not as bad) sound like a spoilt child having a temper tantrum. All I wanted was real women that really fought in WW2 and sounded like they were tough enough for the job, but apparently that's too hard lol.
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey, all valid replies chaps but the intent was to find out what the most significant single change you would like to see rather than discussing the issues in general.

@parkingbrake you make valid points about network performance, AC, lack of content but if you had to choose one what would it be?
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

TamKingski said:
    My suggestion for Dice would be to change their arrogant better than thou attitude towards its customers and keeping their own personal politics and agendas out of our video games.

Its bad enough puting up with all the rubbish in the real world  from people looking for social brownie points or forcing their politics and agendas onto you and giving you a label in a bid to socially shame you into accepting that agenda if you dont accept or agree with those opinions/bias.
    we certainly dont need/want it forced into our products that are supposedly to be fun and help us forget about all the nonsense in the real world.

So despite the existence of things like poor network performance, or the weak anti-cheat, or the lack of fresh content, or (so far) no rented servers, the thing that makes you grind your teeth is female characters?  Yikes.

While I'm not against female characters, the way they were handled were a joke. First, they made cyborg ninja ladies with outlandish facepaint, then, they went too far the other way and made men with b**bs. Plus the fact the screams they have (and to be fair the men also have just not as bad) sound like a spoilt child having a temper tantrum.

All I wanted was real women that really fought in WW2 and sounded like they were tough enough for the job, but apparently that's too hard lol.

I agree. Main reason I did not buy the game wasn't because the historical inaccuracies, it was how DICE/EA reacted to those who had concerns about it. Fix the company and surely the game would improve.
  • M_Rat13
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    parkingbrake said:

TamKingski said:

While I'm not against female characters, the way they were handled were a joke. First, they made cyborg ninja ladies with outlandish facepaint, then, they went too far the other way and made men with b**bs. Plus the fact the screams they have (and to be fair the men also have just not as bad) sound like a spoilt child having a temper tantrum.

All I wanted was real women that really fought in WW2 and sounded like they were tough enough for the job, but apparently that's too hard lol.

I agree. Main reason I did not buy the game wasn't because the historical inaccuracies, it was how DICE/EA reacted to those who had concerns about it. Fix the company and surely the game would improve.

I say get the people who did BF1 to do the next game. Regardless of your opinion on gameplay, no one can deny it was released a polished and mostly finished product.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Drop FrostBite engine, they and any company that touch it seems to be cursed with releasing unfinished buggy products.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give up on BF5 and help Dice LA in development of BC3.
  • M_Rat13
    wiazabi said:
    Drop FrostBite engine, they and any company that touch it seems to be cursed with releasing unfinished buggy products.

The exception being BF1, just saying....
  • Yurisputnik
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stop wasting time on skins / cosmetics to milk players, introduce season passes again instead to fund decent content, like more maps for a start. Different game modes on the same scenery isn’t exactly inventive, or interesting, either. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    I'm on xbox so I don't really see any cheating but I could see where this would be a top priority for PC players.

Personally, I'd like more maps. Just one or two every 8 months is unacceptable.
    Oh there's cheating on Xbox, aftermarket controllers with built-in cheat macros are sold in large quantities.  You just don't notice it because it isn't as obvious as what hacks can do on the PC platform when used by trolls who don't care if they get caught.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wiazabi said:
    And replace it with what?  The Source engine is clearly at the end of its useful lifespan, that is visible at times in Apex Legends.  Is EA supposed to pay one of its competitors to use their engine?  Lots of PUBG players wish that game used Frostbite rather than Unreal, so who is right about which engine is better?  Developing an updated Frostbite or even a whole new engine would be a long and expensive process, it isn't something they can knock out in a few months.  BF4 used Frostbite and as demonstrated in that game, extensive testing and patching could produce a game which ran very well indeed.  So maybe what EA/DICE needs to do is actually test their games thoroughly before launch rather than letting customers do it.  They should also bring back the CTE so patches can be tested before installation, it helped in BF4.  Maybe the problem isn't the engine, it's how it is used.
  • M_Rat13
    Stop wasting time on skins / cosmetics to milk players, introduce season passes again instead to fund decent content, like more maps for a start. Different game modes on the same scenery isn’t exactly inventive, or interesting, either. 

That's what they want you to do. Spend money on DLC that could be pay to win with certain weapons. Live service may have been done poorly this time around, but I'd rather they make their money with cosmetics rather than the alternative.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Facial hair 
  • Delta245
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Network, netcode
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    1 .Team balance. Let the godly good K/D ratio players play other godly good K/D ratio players and let me play with my K/D 0.66 ratio with other folks that enjoy the game that also cant shoot straight...

2. Visibility. Many pros and con arguements aplenty about this but I think its problem.

3. I play the medic the most and would like better guns.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An actual anti cheat would be my top priority. But since we're 7 months in, I don't think they really care about it which is why the cheaters are running amok. I am sick and tired of cheaters and they're in every single match on PC. Every single one. It's just absurd, it's starting to feel more and more like people who play fair are the fools.