Garbage hit registration (video proof).

VindictiV_V
1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 15
Increase the resolution

[link removed due to profanity in the video]

During the 7th second of the video you clearly see a huge blood splatter coming out of his head yet no hit marker and he doesn't die like he should have (before managing to kill me) but his bullets have no problem hitting me.
Why is that even a thing??!! The game even creats a blood effect because it knows I hit the target yet nothing is registered???
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm NA east @plasticman883
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Be nice to get some sort of answer from "Those in the know", but likely get as much info as the Server issue. Lol
  • VindictiV_V
    @DirtyDog1974
    What? I'm not sure what you mean. There's not much of an answer to gain from anybody. Hitreg is unreliable. The devs (considering this is the Nth iteration of the bf series) should know by now how to not have those kind of BASIC GAME BREAKING issues.
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     Shooting at tank gunners has been bugged for awhile now. Also I noticed shooting behind cover is bugged at times too.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You certainly didn't have to prove it to me.

It's disgraceful, they should seriously be ashamed. The game is a shooter that does not shoot.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is quite obvious. Confirming a hit is a server side thing in this game. The client will however do animations and will not wait for such a confirmation to do it as this would result in awkward events happening too often. Therefore one need to take a more or less statistical approach, have awkward events happening now and then or have every event be based on a round trip and noticeably delayed all the time. The other guy probably heard you bullet pass close to his head. This is kind of the other end to dying behind a corner. He 'dodged' a bullet and did not get hit for once.

Network gaming just have this inherent problem, especially if you have a more complex physics model.

• VindictiV_V
    olavafar said:
    It is quite obvious. Confirming a hit is a server side thing in this game. The client will however do animations and will not wait for such a confirmation to do it as this would result in awkward events happening too often. Therefore one need to take a more or less statistical approach, have awkward events happening now and then or have every event be based on a round trip and noticeably delayed all the time. The other guy probably heard you bullet pass close to his head. This is kind of the other end to dying behind a corner. He 'dodged' a bullet and did not get hit for once.

Network gaming just have this inherent problem, especially if you have a more complex physics model.

The tank (and therefore the tank gunner's head) wasn't moving. Also, if you slowmo (play-pause-play-pause etc.) until you see the shot with the blood, you CLEARLY see it land right in his face. It wasn't a case of the bullet barely missed, it was a clear hit. 
  • wiazabi
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    olavafar said:

Before lag compensation this would be true now not so much also why high pingers are a problem cause they always get a smooth movement even after their first hit as the victim wont get to react as they are most likely death because of the lag compensation being so high.

What op is showing is a common thing in BF V and a big problem as it happens to often to just ignore and accept as a "glitch".

Person reviving -> no hitreg on person.

Headshots being bodyshots.

Player using turrets on vehicles bug out and there is no htireg.

You can actually turn on netgraph to show ClientHit and ServerHit but it can vary from server to server and grenades mess it up by giving multiple hits on server, regardless unless ClientHit and ServerHit means something else i had a server being so terrible it dismissed 50% of my ClientHit and this was with 20ping 0 packetloss in 1 round.

Sometimes it work okay other times it barely works.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:

The tank (and therefore the tank gunner's head) wasn't moving. Also, if you slowmo (play-pause-play-pause etc.) until you see the shot with the blood, you CLEARLY see it land right in his face. It wasn't a case of the bullet barely missed, it was a clear hit. 
    You cannot slowmo the server side on a client capture clip. This is what I tried to explain.
  • olavafar
    wiazabi said:
    olavafar said:

Before lag compensation this would be true now not so much also why high pingers are a problem cause they always get a smooth movement even after their first hit as the victim wont get to react as they are most likely death because of the lag compensation being so high.

What op is showing is a common thing in BF V and a big problem as it happens to often to just ignore and accept as a "glitch".

Person reviving -> no hitreg on person.

Headshots being bodyshots.

Player using turrets on vehicles bug out and there is no htireg.

You can actually turn on netgraph to show ClientHit and ServerHit but it can vary from server to server and grenades mess it up by giving multiple hits on server, regardless unless ClientHit and ServerHit means something else i had a server being so terrible it dismissed 50% of my ClientHit and this was with 20ping 0 packetloss in 1 round.

Sometimes it work okay other times it barely works.
    It is still true. You basically tell it yourself in your explanation text. Netgraph basically need to be up to get more facts to go on but from what we have here, we see that the client does not draw the hit indicator which means the server did not acknowledge the hit. Note that hit indicators (and points etc) comes AFTER the animation of hits because of this reason.
  • VincentNZ
    2682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    Increase the resolution

During the 7th second of the video you clearly see a huge blood splatter coming out of his head yet no hit marker and he doesn't die like he should have (before managing to kill me) but his bullets have no problem hitting me.
    Why is that even a thing??!! The game even creats a blood effect because it knows I hit the target yet nothing is registered???
    Could be a thousand issues, could be the server, on your end or his end. Something I have experienced is hitmarkers not showing up although damage is dealt and added later to the next shot. Generally something is up with hitreg and hitmarkers since the latest patch, yet it has nothing to do with the area from which you locate to the game server. This happens across all server zones.
  • Jokerdef
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    VincentNZ said:
    Increase the resolution

Could be a thousand issues, could be the server, on your end or his end. Something I have experienced is hitmarkers not showing up although damage is dealt and added later to the next shot. Generally something is up with hitreg and hitmarkers since the latest patch, yet it has nothing to do with the area from which you locate to the game server. This happens across all server zones.
    Yep there is a noticeable difference in the hitreg after the latest patch and unfortunately AGAIN it's gotten worse than before.
    Damn frustrating! Again! Please DICE just settle to one setting or setup or whatever and stick with it. I'm getting sick and tired of having to "learn" how to shoot over and over again after every patch. 
    Instead, give us new maps! And Rush game mode back. Please!

• 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm uploading a video right now of this. Wait till you guys see it. I was dumping several seconds worth of rounds from a tank into infantry and they weren't even doing any damage. They would take all the shots and just run off. In the same game I was hitting a tank with armor piercing rounds and they were doing 0 dmg.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been thinking for a while, that the netcode might not be the real issue but the servers instead. Knowing EA they probably have the cheapest servers that they can get or rent. If it’s thru AWS, for me it becomes even more suspect. I have been playing BF4 a lot recently and it has similar issues at times. BF1 has similar issues still at times , this is where it gets interesting Plants vs Zombies2 Garden Warfare an EA game has the SAME issues at times. It’s easy to blame DICE, but I would really like a third party do some testing on all the games. The game(s) could have the best netcode ever created but it won’t matter much if the servers strain to manage it.
  • StingX71
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worst I've ever seen it.  I don't normally participate in these types of threads as I've never really had any issues. Always thought people were blowing it out of proportion.  But the last few weeks have been horrible.

I'll get several hit indicators, with at least one being a head shot indication with several more hit indications and nothing.