I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• pajsner
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apex has banned its 1,000,000 cheater with the EAC.
    Battlefield, a game without anti-cheat must really be something special, if it has less cheaters in %,  than a game with an active anti-cheat. But with the introduction of RSP, cheating will probably be almost zero.
    Damn that EAC and Battleye have never thought about it, Dice must really be talented on the anti-cheat front.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just had another one just ruin the game by just capturing our starting point again and again solo against whole squads. He played a medic and I could only kill him with AP mines or at very long distances. Another sniper was shooting straight through debris and smoke, but he at least didn't always land a headshot.
    Still fourth game with at least questionable players, German servers ofc.
  • CaptHotah
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChronoxiChronox2 points·7 hours agoWe reported him 2 weeks ago, aimbotting on twisted steel with assault rifles, he said the same stuff (stolen credentials, etc) and that EA/Dice are not capable and won't ban him.You shouldn't give this person attention, hope his/her life improves, he must have it rough and probably uses aimbot because of it, to feel less bad for his/her life.ReplyGive AwardShareReportSave

Thats how i see cheaters. Insecure individuals who's been bullied when young and now try to cyber bully others in return.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle Royal games attract cheaters like flies, which is saying something given how bad first person shooters are targeted anyway.  I still don't understand why a AAA publisher Dice doesn't have a client side detection AC as a primary counter measure, although incompetence around the matter does come to mind.  I believe I understand why PB was stopped, but to not use the best replacement you can find out there in the meantime is absurd from a company that has been around in the industry for so long. 
    I wonder if this private server feature is a quick way of palming off the responsibility of anti-cheat to the community.  If they do implement EAC or BE into the service then great, better late then never but it would be the right move.  I would expect that on official servers too.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Ultimately the problem is that companies do not see profit in anti cheat measures. It only shows up as a cost in their accounting methods, not an investment that produces a return. The game managers for Call of Duty WWII have no idea how much money they lost due to cheaters, it's just not data they can get. They certainly lost me as a customer forever. I'm afraid the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with Battlefield on this issue is to stop buying their products, but I think they still wont get the message. I wonder what we as consumers can do, to encourage better anti cheat solutions in the future? A game can be completely ruined by cheaters, and the customer is left with no support. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:
    ChronoxiChronox2 points·7 hours agoWe reported him 2 weeks ago, aimbotting on twisted steel with assault rifles, he said the same stuff (stolen credentials, etc) and that EA/Dice are not capable and won't ban him.You shouldn't give this person attention, hope his/her life improves, he must have it rough and probably uses aimbot because of it, to feel less bad for his/her life.ReplyGive AwardShareReportSave

Thats how i see cheaters. Insecure individuals who's been bullied when young and now try to cyber bully others in return.
    ...There are four lights.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ultimately the problem is that companies do not see profit in anti cheat measures. It only shows up as a cost in their accounting methods, not an investment that produces a return. The game managers for Call of Duty WWII have no idea how much money they lost due to cheaters, it's just not data they can get. 
    An effective AC solution is an ongoing cost of support. The speed at which an AC support team can operate is bound by the restrictions of corporate governance. The support team cannot move as quickly as the cheat companies given that oversight. They do not have the autonomy to do what they need to do to keep their solution up to date. Thus the cheat companies are always one step ahead.  Its an endless war that EA and Activision will always lose. The reason being. Not enough PC revenue to justify the AC support cost.  The decision makers at Activision are fully aware of the lost COD revenue due to cheating. They have Business Analysts on the payroll whose sole responsibility is researching that information and providing detailed reports. 
  • pajsner
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:

Maybe time to realize and wake up that you are the real victim, not the cheater.

• Madnesis
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They say they have zero tolerance for cheaters: they don't care.
    They say they have some sort of in-game and server technology mix to detected cheaters: huh, really? It's probably turned off, both server and in-game side most likely lol.
    Well, it's not even worth it talking about the rest but still, I had a lot of fun reading it.

How long will EA/Dice ignore the problem?

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:

Sokath, his eyes open!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ultimately the problem is that companies do not see profit in anti cheat measures. It only shows up as a cost in their accounting methods, not an investment that produces a return. The game managers for Call of Duty WWII have no idea how much money they lost due to cheaters, it's just not data they can get. They certainly lost me as a customer forever. I'm afraid the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with Battlefield on this issue is to stop buying their products, but I think they still wont get the message. I wonder what we as consumers can do, to encourage better anti cheat solutions in the future? A game can be completely ruined by cheaters, and the customer is left with no support. 
    In theory threads like this should alert them to how unhappy their customers are, but considering how rarely people from EA or DICE even show up here that theory is suspect.  Maybe if everybody sat down and wrote EA's execs a letter, on actual paper, and mailed it in, that might get their attention and make them wonder if saving money on anti-cheat is false economy.  But considering the breathtaking level of incompetence they've shown in regard to BFV, I'm not sure even barraging them with snail mail would have any impact.  When a company becomes this indifferent, this detached from its customers, it might be too late to hope they can turn their heads around.  Apple showed the music industry how to run a music download service with the iTunes Store--the industry's response was to try to force Apple to raise its prices, they just didn't get that easy and affordable legal downloads were the best antidote to illegal downloads.  When it comes to corporations, big and stupid can coexist quite happily.
  • ghostrider382
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What gets me is how blatant the cheating has become. Last night we had a player with a K/D of 100/5 with kills halfway across the map with a Bren gun. Given this was a Friday night in Australia with 2 (count 'em, only 2) conquest servers, how hard would it be for EA/Dice to sit on the server for an hour or so and watch what's happening. I've been playing since BF3 and apart from the gameplay changes which have pretty much ruined the game for me, this blatant cheating takes the cake. I play because I enjoy the challenge. If there is no challenge and I don't enjoy it why would I waste time playing this cr*p ?.
    When you look at how many complaints there are about cheating and how silent EA/Dice are on the subject it is pretty obvious nothing will be done.  Even private servers are not a real option, why pay for a game then pay again to play on a private server when the root cause should be fixed. Bring in a hardware level ban (such as Microsoft) which negates the pirate account issues. But then, you would actually have to ban someone for this to be effective which is clearly not happening.
    Last night capped it off for me, BFV is going the same way as Hardline, deleted off my system and a personal vow to not purchase any more of this series.

• GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can barely get a solo match in firestorm on a Friday night. Sad Dice. Real sad. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let he who hath understanding reckon the sign of a hacker.

https://imgur.com/EQqewVo
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    The Red_Label_Scotch challenge:

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/leaderboards/stats/origin/ScorePerMinute?page=1

From this leaderboard, find someone with a score over 1000 per minute that:
    1.  Has not been banned, so, last game within a few days.  (don't look at what the home screen says for last played, look at rounds played).
    2.  Does not have ridiculously alarming stats like 3.5+ KPM, obscene headshot ratios, etc...

In other words, the leaderboards are full of hackers.  Yeah, they were banned...why can't we clean up this mess?
  • GirthQQuakes
    edited May 11

In other words, the leaderboards are full of hackers.  Yeah, they were banned...why can't we clean up this mess?
     Cause we need 14 more game modes I guess. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    So, if Battlefield 5 is so much "easier" than Battlefield 1...How come so many people that I knew that were suspicious in BF1 have a lower KDR and KPM in BF5?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So, if Battlefield 5 is so much "easier" than Battlefield 1...How come so many people that I knew that were suspicious in BF1 have a lower KDR and KPM in BF5?
    Depends on the persons play style. I find bfv easier mainly because there is minimal spotting which gives me time to work with what i want. BF1 felt like a spam festival which made it more random in my opinion. Much cleaner game in terms of visibility though.
This discussion has been closed.