Weekly BF

Need help downing planes with LMGs

mf_shro0m
1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I’m trying to complete an assignment where you need to shoot down two planes with an LMG. Have any of guys got any tips?

Comments

• OskooI_007
    840 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use the Burton LMG and be sure to switch it's fire mode to incendiary rounds, instead of the standard rounds. You do this by toggling semi auto and fully auto.
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    Use an AA-gun to deal heavy damage, then finish them off with the LMG.

I feel as I’ve never clocked an AA gun. Where can I find them?
  • mf_shro0m
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Use the Burton LMG and be sure to switch it's fire mode to incendiary rounds, instead of the standard rounds. You do this by toggling semi auto and fully auto.

I’ve been trying to them out when they do fly overs but I can never down one in one fly over and every time they pass they just repair. How do you do it?
  • OskooI_007
    840 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stand next to someone using an AA stationary gun.
  • mf_shro0m
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Stand next to someone using an AA stationary gun.

Which maps are there stationary AA guns on? 😅 Ive never noticed one
  • -Antares65z
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    Monte Grappa is probably the best map to accomplish this assignment. There is an AA by D up on the mountain. If you have a buddy who can soften them up with the AA, you can finish them off with the LMG. Even if you don't have a friend, just hang out by the AA and let someone soften them up and then steal their kills. Not cool I know. Its really not a hard assignment. Use the MG15a or M1917. Go prone so you can laser your shots. 
  • the_yakuza17
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LIke Antares65z said, Monte Grappa is the best map to try this. I personally prefer using the M1917 since it has such a huge magazine, easy to aim, and takes a long time to overheat. The Burton with incendiary rounds is ok too but you have to be VERY accurate to get all 20 rounds into an aircraft to have a chance. 
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This was a horrible assignment.

I did it by finding an adventurous position and unloading in to planes which were already taking damage from AA or other planes, using a high capacity LMG. If memory serves one was on Monte Grappa and the other was either Galicia or that desert map.

I generally ignored fighters (bit too quick) and focused on attack planes and bombers.

Quick example:

Also, just in case, remember that the task is to destroy the plane, rather than kill the pilot, so if you see them bail keep shooting their plane until it's destroyed.
  • heresPaul
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never did get this done, the video above was like me But i could just never get the decisive shot(s) after quite a few very near misses I gave up 
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In operations its pretty easy to steal bomber kills from AAs. I do it all the time and unlocked the MG 14/17 LW forever ago on Fao getting both in that same game, stealing plane kills at the last fire base.

Now with post TTK update damage all LMGs can do 1 sometimes 2 or more damage per hit to each type of plane. Bombers are still the easiest but I've taken down a decent share of attack planes with it too.
  • ronybaloney
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just keep shooting at planes. You'll get your two kills in time. Like others have said use M1917 or Burton incendiary and just keep shooting. It's mostly luck getting the kill shot. Sometimes you will steal a kill from someone who has done the most damage and vice versa which can be frustrating. I dislike planes so much I make it a habit to shoot at planes all the time even with SLRs.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations on montee grappa or operations on foa fortress. Is the best. Just stay near someone using the AA properly and steal the kill lol
  • Forkbeard84
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dont use the Burton. Its good for wing damage and such but with 20 rounds and a limited range you cant get much actual total damage with it.

Use the 1917 which has better range and a bunch of rounds. You’ll be able to get more total damage with the 1917 and thus have a better chance at destroying the plane.
  • mf_shro0m
    Thanks for the feedback y’all, it’s done 🤗

For anyone reading this I ended up completing it with an MG15 suppressive defending in operations on Monte Grappa
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good to hear I generally only use the parabellum on close quarters maps like fort devo and Amiens. It’s my most used lmg.

I generally prefer the Burton myself to bait planes for a grenade kill.
  • disposalist
    8661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just to blow my own trumpet: -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRg-bc8E0kc
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Congratulations! Now on to the assignment to kill a plane with a trip-mine 😛
  • Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I accidentally got one on Galicia on Operations defending on the A flag in the trench. I got flanked twice and so I set up a trip mine on the path coming up from the river. Than a enemy plane came crashing down and bingo. Don't know if it was just where the plane had crashed or if they were trying to get roadkills with the plane!
  • ElliotLH
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I accidentally got one on Galicia on Operations defending on the A flag in the trench. I got flanked twice and so I set up a trip mine on the path coming up from the river. Than a enemy plane came crashing down and bingo. Don't know if it was just where the plane had crashed or if they were trying to get roadkills with the plane!

That's awesome - bet you felt great ticking that off!