Weekly BF

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think a restructuring of Dice is coming.....EA just preparing the way. Probably be a very scaled down company like all the Bioware changes....If they survive at all tbh.... EA may cut their losses and close shop with Dice
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The German servers have been awful this evening. Even with a server full of low to medium ping players I've had delays when firing rockets, planes would skip across my radar and players just jumping around. I really like this game, but it has been destroyed by utter incompetence. Maybe Incompetence is the wrong word, as dice have created some amazing battlefield games in the past...... I just don't know any more.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/09/play-battlefield-v-starting-today-with-ea-access/

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of the hate bandwagon eh?
  • shaunUK24
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still cant believe the developers of firestorm has been handed over to Dice :D
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    shaunUK24 wrote: »
    I still cant believe the developers of firestorm has been handed over to Dice :D

    Because they haven't. Criterion are a seperate company and not taken over by DICE
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/09/play-battlefield-v-starting-today-with-ea-access/

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of the hate bandwagon eh?

    Unless, of course, we assume BFV will be 'free'.
  • bigiain
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's just the trial that was on EA Access at launch, not the full game. 10 hours I think.


  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/09/play-battlefield-v-starting-today-with-ea-access/

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of the hate bandwagon eh?

    Unless, of course, we assume BFV will be 'free'.

    I suggest you read that article again.

    Don’t let facts get in the way of feeling stupid!
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/09/play-battlefield-v-starting-today-with-ea-access/

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of the hate bandwagon eh?

    Unless, of course, we assume BFV will be 'free'.

    I suggest you read that article again.

    Don’t let facts get in the way of feeling stupid!

    So BFV wasn't available through EA Access in Xbox?

    OK.

    Then, of course, when it does come to PS4, people will have to pay the subscription fee so were is the issue?

    BFV through that service is still not 'free'.
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Wasn't BFV available through EA Access on PC and Xbox before launch?

    Not on Xbox
    Don’t think it was on pc either.
    Are you sure your not confusing it with origin

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/09/play-battlefield-v-starting-today-with-ea-access/

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of the hate bandwagon eh?

    Unless, of course, we assume BFV will be 'free'.

    I suggest you read that article again.

    Don’t let facts get in the way of feeling stupid!

    So BFV wasn't available through EA Access in Xbox?

    OK.

    Then, of course, when it does come to PS4, people will have to pay the subscription fee so were is the issue?

    BFV through that service is still not 'free'.

    Battlefield v was a 10 hour trial on access and nothing more.

    Putting the title in the vault is just another way to try boost the ever decreasing player base.

    Putting such a so called AAA title in the vault so early reeks of desperation and nobody mentioned about it being free.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ok, if you say so......
  • NuttysKunKs
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is there not a big update coming in May?
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just checked - still no 🇬🇧 servers - any word? 
  • Hawxxeye
    5943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now you know how it feels for me in Greece where the closest servers are 67 ping
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:
    Just checked - still no 🇬🇧 servers - any word? 
    No news since Jeff Braddock responded on the 11th May (page 26)
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.
This discussion has been closed.