Is this game getting better

Comments

• Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Rex_Holez said:
    No, there's only 9 maps and they're all small circles. 

Pretty lame for a so called "Battlefield" game. 
    Hamada and Panzerstorm qualify as "small circles" in your mind?
    You can see from one end of the map to the other clearly on Panzer, and look at the distance between A and G on Hamada. 

So yes. 
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    winet said:
    Whiners will whine

and facts are facts, this game has gotten worse since the December patch
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Its getting more empty.
    One map the server is full and the next it's more or less empty and dont get fill up with new players.
    I got on tonight around midnight and with advanced search settings, slots 1-5 & 6-10, Europe, PS4, there was only 8 servers for Conquest and 41 servers for all game modes total.

BF1 servers where far busier than this and I only started playing it in April 2018. I'm starting to get a bit worried, I know V wasn't popular but I figured the Battlefield player base was way bigger than this.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is getting worse with every patch.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Patches made things worse for sure. Or just boring. Bufs and nerfs haven’t improved things, in fact, I find less joy now in the weapon handling. Server performance in general is hit or miss. Available maps and modes become stale.
    Visibility is still poor for a game with many open spaces. You look in an empty void, and the next second enemy is in your face. You are behind a big rock seeing nothing, enemy sees half of your body on the other side etc etc.
    nope, it’s not getting better.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Its getting more empty.
    One map the server is full and the next it's more or less empty and dont get fill up with new players.

I got on tonight around midnight and with advanced search settings, slots 1-5 & 6-10, Europe, PS4, there was only 8 servers for Conquest and 41 servers for all game modes total.

BF1 servers where far busier than this and I only started playing it in April 2018. I'm starting to get a bit worried, I know V wasn't popular but I figured the Battlefield player base was way bigger than this.

You forgot to add NONE to the slots filter so you could see all the completely full servers. On a typical weekday night around midnight I usually see at least 30 servers in North America when I have my filters set that way.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    30x64 players is 1920 active one max.
    Even a server list of at least 100 is still just 6400 players max. I recall from the past when a game dipped below 30000 players at peak times its eol. Not dead but certainly not fresh and alive either.
    Here in Europe I estimate a max of 10000 players at any given time. Usually less.
    The game certainly isn’t improving.
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:

Here in Europe I estimate a max of 10000 players at any given time. Usually less.
    The game certainly isn’t improving.
    I would guess the same (PC)
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    I have recently had a week off and last night returned to;
    Ironsights equipped on all my weapons.

Delivering 100% damage with no kill.

Waiting for servers to fill.

Servers made up of 50% OOR players @ 120ms.(Browser not QM)

Shot by a Shotgun that glitched my weapon out and left me with 50% health.

General unbalance and a feeling that my specializations have all been altered with added deviation penalties.

I don't think it has improved and I don't think its much worse. The game has had issues all along, they get swapped around each update and more often than not more bugs/issues get added, as Battlefielders we adjust and adapt, we soldier on through the mire of frustration in the hope that one day....ONE DAY.....the
    game will be in a finished state.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems the community is getting worse as well.  I join in some matches and losing all flags and clueless players doing nothing.  I left a few matches seconds after joining yesterday. I must of took a rage quitters spot.  But joining into a match losing by 300 or so tickets or more is a sick joke.  Or all flags taken is even worse yet.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Seems the community is getting worse as well.  I join in some matches and losing all flags and clueless players doing nothing.  I left a few matches seconds after joining yesterday. I must of took a rage quitters spot.  But joining into a match losing by 300 or so tickets or more is a sick joke.  Or all flags taken is even worse yet.
    And I would stick out a lopsided match if I knew the teams would be balanced the next round but they won't.  Which leaves me with a single option of quitting right away. 

• DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dont forget there is still no last tinger tankskin for those who denied to play the buggy missions again, beeing promised 'that would work'. But to be fair, they only know about that since (at least) december.

I came back today after weeks of not playing, played half an round cause its instant frustration again. Heavy bomber is just devestated by Flak within seconds. Not even a chance to do anything about it. Bombs and MG doesnt refill at the station.
    There is no 'getting better' if everytime they fix something two more things get broken. Plus, the tigerskin realy bothers me. Get your stuff done EA!
  • ArchAngeL_777
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Rex_Holez said:
    No, there's only 9 maps and they're all small circles. 

Pretty lame for a so called "Battlefield" game. 
    This to me is the real issue.   Battlefield has always had it's share of bugs and gameplay issues that are frustrating.   My first Battlefield was Battlefield 2 way back on PC, and we were dealing with exploits like dolphin diving, frustrating hit detection issues, and a variety of other cheats and bugs.   But the maps and Conquest gameplay was so good, it pulled us through all that and kept players coming back for more.   The "theater" of good Battlefield maps sell themselves and will override other frustrations with the game.   It's why BF4 still has a significant player base over 5 years after launch.

I just got BFV this week because the maps weren't all that impressive.   I knew I would burn out on those maps rather quickly after playing the beta.   I can deal with other gameplay issues if you give me excellent maps and an overall Battlefield experience I expect.   With the Greece maps coming this month and next month, it looks like better maps are starting to arrive.   The Urban map could be good too, and the new theater in the fall sounds promising.

• ArchAngeL_777
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

they make gamemodes for 8-16 player wtf its not a csgo or cod

Not a fan of this myself.   If they want to do smaller game modes, then do like past Battlefield games.   Design the larger Conquest maps so cutouts can be used for the smaller modes.   But right now they have a problem with lack of maps in their main Conquest mode.   I think they need to concentrate on addressing that first.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    i was glitch in to the ground when i blowed up when i was in a tank and i could not die or redeploy i had to leave the game. thanks dice
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i was glitch in to the ground when i blowed up when i was in a tank and i could not die or redeploy i had to leave the game. thanks dice
    Have the same in planes every time I get killed by a tank or anti tank gun. My plane gets destroyed and I go to deploy screen with about 40% health. Only way is to quit game. Redeploy don't work.
  • krliathbirdeate
    edited May 2019
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    krliathbirdeate said:
    Have the same in planes every time I get killed by a tank or anti tank gun. My plane gets destroyed and I go to deploy screen with about 40% health. Only way is to quit game. Redeploy don't work.

Its quite serious since we have to leave the game or someone has to revive us to get out of the glitch
    Post edited by krliathbirdeate on
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO. DICE need to pick an API. I'm tired of the efficiency issues with DX11 and low GPU usage and high CPU usage, while running more efficient in DX12, but because the game is developed for DX11, it runs like crap in DX12 no matter how efficiently it runs. It's such a horror show this game. There's bugs, no players, too many different distractions pulling people away from the game mode, players don't care about the objective, they are doing assignments, unlocks, specializations, skins, perks, tides of war missions etc. There's a slow release of quality content, and instead keep patching the game and adding skins and customizable options. They can barley get Battlefield to run properly, and now they're going to run firestorm as a live service? DICE cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm not sure why they're trying to walk, chew gum, and juggle daggers at the same time.
  • krliathbirdeate
    Well i guess we can't complain much
  • krliathbirdeate
    Same bug still not fix i think eA should just stop touching the game just a disappointment thats all they give