Snipers

13»

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:
    Dice love snipers and for every game they encourage 10+ snipers on each team.

Medics have had a hard time the past 3 bf titles... But dice did nothing.

which past 3? 1, 4 and 3? battlefield 1 they were dmr snipers with self heal. amazing class. battlefield 3 and 4 the class had arguably the best weapons in the game. idk what you're talking about, but i'm going to say your experience may not be on DICEs end, but a personal problem. if referring to V, maybe they could use a little love. but not in any other title

Agreed. Only BF1 had good sniping (if you ignored sweetspot and aimed for heads), every other game snipers have been dumpster tier in the last decade. The reason people play snipers is not becuase they are good (both the player and the gun), but because they think they are good. Idiots, basically, tend to gravitate towards snipers. The reason this problem has increased, is that more idiots have started playing, mainly since BF3/4
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:

Medic in BFV Is definitely the weakest it's been in the franchise IMO. The primary reason Medic feels weak is because all-class weapons are no longer a thing and Assault gets the rifles now instead of Medic, who now has the SMGs. It's basically like BF3/BF4 If you gave Engineer the assault rifles and Assault only PDWs. Most likely if they didn't change it and kept Medic the one with assault rifles (and semi-autos too I guess), Medic would almost certainly be the most played class rather than Assault.
    However this problem isn't unique to Medic, the removal of all-class weapons makes all classes (heh) suffer, but I think Recon the most. Until this week, Recon only had bolt-actions (the weakest they've been in the franchise AFAIK) and self-loading rifles (pretty much outgunned by most semi-autos). The P08 Carbine is pretty close to Medic weapons in terms of effective range and whatnot and we have no idea what any future pistol carbines will be like, but I fear the P08 Carbine will actually be the strongest of them.

Can't speak for Hardline (since I assume that's one of the past 3 Titles) but Medics in BF1 Certainly did not have a hard time at all.
  • M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:

Medic in BFV Is definitely the weakest it's been in the franchise IMO. The primary reason Medic feels weak is because all-class weapons are no longer a thing and Assault gets the rifles now instead of Medic, who now has the SMGs. It's basically like BF3/BF4 If you gave Engineer the assault rifles and Assault only PDWs. Most likely if they didn't change it and kept Medic the one with assault rifles (and semi-autos too I guess), Medic would almost certainly be the most played class rather than Assault.
    However this problem isn't unique to Medic, the removal of all-class weapons makes all classes (heh) suffer, but I think Recon the most. Until this week, Recon only had bolt-actions (the weakest they've been in the franchise AFAIK) and self-loading rifles (pretty much outgunned by most semi-autos). The P08 Carbine is pretty close to Medic weapons in terms of effective range and whatnot and we have no idea what any future pistol carbines will be like, but I fear the P08 Carbine will actually be the strongest of them.

Can't speak for Hardline (since I assume that's one of the past 3 Titles) but Medics in BF1 Certainly did not have a hard time at all.

All class weapons do not help, they just hide other weapons weaknesses. The best example is in BF4 support players used mostly carbines instead of LMGs, because ARs were OP, and so to compete other classes had to use carbines, as they were the closest thing to ARs available.
  • Hawxxeye
    6714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    bent.toe said:

which past 3? 1, 4 and 3? battlefield 1 they were dmr snipers with self heal. amazing class. battlefield 3 and 4 the class had arguably the best weapons in the game. idk what you're talking about, but i'm going to say your experience may not be on DICEs end, but a personal problem. if referring to V, maybe they could use a little love. but not in any other title

Agreed. Only BF1 had good sniping (if you ignored sweetspot and aimed for heads), every other game snipers have been dumpster tier in the last decade. The reason people play snipers is not becuase they are good (both the player and the gun), but because they think they are good. Idiots, basically, tend to gravitate towards snipers. The reason this problem has increased, is that more idiots have started playing, mainly since BF3/4
    Not all of us cod modern warfare 3 refugees were the same, sadly.
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Desyatnik_Pansy said:
    In Hardline the Medic Class had access to the AKM (which for all intents and purposes was a fully automatic M1A1), and the M16A3 and M416 which were to their BF3 and BF4 counterparts what an 800lb gorilla is to a chimpanzee. OP is off his bloody rocker.

I guess if sniper rifles are actually effective they are 'overpowered' and need to be limited, but if we make them weaker than they've ever been in a BF title then the class becomes 'useless deadweight' and need to be limited.

"logic"
  • ragnarok013
    3618 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just a reminder to keep things on topic and civil.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    bent.toe said:
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    bent.toe said:

kjgregoire wrote: »
    Sometimes I like to snipe. I’m awful at itcause I’m on PS4 but it’s fun.

I don’t understand how a sniper or two or eight can ruin ur game tho.

Really?

Have you ever heard of PTFO?

A sniper are good for nothing...

They don't revive, they don't attack, they don't plant, they can't give you health or ammo, they provide **** spawns.

9 out of 10 times snipers are so bad that they can't even snipe the other teams snipers.

What are snipers good for? Seriously.

There should be a limit of TWO snipers per team. And you can not pick sniper unless you are level 40.

It makes me sick seeing 5-6 "snipers" in the same spot... Doing jack **** for team.

Salty much? 
    Not all snipers play like that, I know I don't. I am constantly capping flags, reviving buddies, dropping beacons, spamming spotting flares etc. Even when I know that I am at a severe disadvantage playing CQB against any other class with all their automatic shredding machines. Still, I would not be happy to find that I can no longer play a class that I enjoy, because too many people rage about being unable to hack playing against snipers and want a stupid sniper limit.

Sure, I may be an exception to the rule when it comes to your example of what snipers are actually good for.  But it's obvious that they excel at annoying people like yourself, and I get a giggle out of that :)

So you play the sniper class an assault class. Lol........... way to go man.

Have a good day..
    Well I guess it just goes to show that this has nothing to do with whether a sniper is PTFO  or doing any of the stuff you complained about them NOT doing. 

BTW I have played all the classes to 20, I have probably played assault the least. Your point was?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    bent.toe said:

I disagree, I find that medics are sitting at the top of the chain IMO. They absolutely dominate in CQB, and now they have their own OHK close range rifles which easily out perform sniper rifles out to 80m. Before the carbines medics may have had trouble engaging distances where their weapons were effective, but I used smoke grenades and smoke launchers liberally to get there.
    Hell, there was one GOP that had our entire team pinned down on the bridge in twisted steel and we could not gain any ground there for about 20mins. So my 3 squaddies all switched to medic and just spammed the enemy with smoke and inched our way in there with SMG's and revives and took the whole bridge in about 5mins flat.

Every game of squad conquest I have played in the last 3 weeks has had medic trains totally destroying ALL other players. They run fast, shoot fast, and heal fast.

You might make a more compelling argument if you spoke about what you thought medic or any other class needed to help improve them, rather than complaining about snipers.
  • bent.toe
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers suck.

That’s my argument.
  • Hawxxeye
    6714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:
    Snipers suck.

That’s my argument.
    Your argument from the OP is actually that you do not like when there are many snipers in your team doing nothing useful.
    That situation has been a reality of the game having many "l33t sniperz" at least since BF2 so it is nothing new.
    The only new thing about snipers in BFV is that they are having the worst damage and lowest velocities combo they have had in the history of the game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe wrote: »
    Snipers suck.

That’s my argument.

That's a meaningless statement not an argument.
  • bent.toe
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bent.toe wrote: »
    Snipers suck.

That’s my argument.

That's a meaningless statement not an argument.

Ok...
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Be glad not all snipers are like this guy. Otherwise it would be very difficult to play. (In the video an example of how to play as a sniper)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzY6N7YbAi8
  • JadedJunglist
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez said:
     I always notice the losing team always has the most snipers. 

the screenshots from this thread tell a different story
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187382/they-have-to-take-sniper-measures/p1
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:
    Ruin yet another BF game.
    Limit the number of snipers per team.

They all think they are Vassili zaitsev and only care about K/D ratio.

Pathetic.

Hello Billy , Can you show me on the doll where the sniper touched you.
  • sabootheshaman
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bent.toe said:
    Ruin yet another BF game.

Limit the number of snipers per team.

They all think they are Vassili zaitsev and only care about K/D ratio.

Pathetic.

Hello Billy , Can you show me on the doll where the sniper touched you.
    You sir win the interwebz today.