CHAPTER 3: TRIAL BY FIRE WEEKLY BRIEF – WEEK #7

Braddock512
1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
This week's Tides of War Chapter 3 Storyline focuses on Multiplayer, Squad Conquest, and Combined Arms.

Complete this Week's Storyline and you'll be rewarded with the P08 Pistol Carbine, a Recon Class Pistol Carbine.

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

Crack Shot- 4,500 Chapter XP
Get one headshot kill at a range of 50 meters or more in Multiplayer or Combined Arms.

(Optional) Old School - 10,000 Chapter XP
Kill 20 enemies in Combined Arms.

Mad Dash - 10,000 Chapter XP
Complete a Combined Arms mission within 8 minutes.

Fire by Volume - 10,000 Chapter XP
As a Squad, kill or down 25 enemies using SMGs, LMGs, MMGs, or Assault Rifles in Multiplayer or Combined Arms.

Peerless Precision - 10,000 Chapter XP
Kill 25 enemies with headshots in one mission of Combined Arms.

Cookie Cutter - 10,000 Chapter XP
As a squad earn 30000 score in Multiplayer or Combind Arms.

Wolfpack - 10,000 Chapter XP
As a squad destroy 3 enemy vehicles in Multiplayer.

Hard as Nails - 10,000 Chapter XP
Complete a Combined Arms mission on Hard.

The Grease - 10,000 Chapter XP
As a squad revive or resupply teammates 60 times in Multiplayer.

Trophy Hunters - 25,000 Chapter XP
As a squad kill or down 20 enemies with headshots in Multiplayer.

(OPTIONAL - Must use P08 Pistol Carbine) The New Deal - 10000 Chapter XP
Deal 3000 damage using the P08 Pistol Carbine in Multiplayer or Combined Arms.

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.

Comments

• dansvan2020
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why is this weapon not in Assault? Also how many map do you think BFv after the two year cycle?
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But baws where are the new maps
  • UKServersWHEN
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still. Waiting. On. UK. Server. news.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not enough love it when I have to wait a month to get my games complete version
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Why is this weapon not in Assault? Also how many map do you think BFv after the two year cycle?

Assault is already to go to class. Let other classes have their moment lol.

Edit: Also, Crackshot and Old School are different challenges on the ToW screen than on here. One or the other is false and needs looking at.
  • Collision_TN
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Noice!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another pointless weapon that I'll never use - that's 4 in a row now. Commando Carbine (1/10), LS/26 (4/10) and Tromboncino (3/10)
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Another pointless weapon that I'll never use - that's 4 in a row now. Commando Carbine (1/10), LS/26 (4/10) and Tromboncino (3/10)
    Why do you deem a fast firing carbine pointless for a class that desperately needed something that actually does not suck at close range.
    Assuming it will have similar damage and RoF stats to the P08 pistol it will have:
    359 RoF
    4 BTK up to 12m , 5 BTK up to 30m, 6 BTK up to 50m etc.. basically the regular SMG damage model.
    This could be a blessing for every aggressive recon out there

• AnnaL0ral
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the time of new week starts pls? cant find it anywhere. it says 9th but in UK its already 10:35 last time I got the update afternoon I think. would rly like to know the exact time thx
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Why do you deem a fast firing carbine pointless for a class that desperately needed something that actually does not suck at close range.
    Assuming it will have similar damage and RoF stats to the P08 pistol it will have:
    359 RoF
    4 BTK up to 12m , 5 BTK up to 30m, 6 BTK up to 50m etc.. basically the regular SMG damage model.

It'd be glorious for this thing to have the same or close enough stats to M1A1.
  • TIMO_Das_Wiesel
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Reduce the Points for TOW Level
    The XP Points is **** when you need over 100000 Points for next Level..

Fix this
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    359 RoF

That's flat out worse than say, the G1-5. You'd be better off with the model 8 w/trigger job, or the RSC.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    359 RoF

That's flat out worse than say, the G1-5. You'd be better off with the model 8 w/trigger job, or the RSC.

It turns out it is one less bullet to kill than the sidearm version.
    The rsc and the model 8 have too few shots to work against the crab agents
  • M_Rat13
    Hawxxeye said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    359 RoF

It turns out it is one less bullet to kill than the sidearm version.
    The rsc and the model 8 have too few shots to work against the crab agents

It doesn't matter how many shots the P08 carbine has though. I can with confidence say all other weapon classes bar a few outliers (anything bolt action, the Selb 1916, shotguns at range), has a better TTK than this gun at most ranges. Yes dealing with ADAD spam is a pain, but the Model 8 and RSC do have the raw TTK ability to beat other weapons, unlike the P08 carbine.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019

Fix this
    It's not Tides of War anymore but Trial by Fire and the XP to rank up to 40 is a doddle and nothing needs fixing. You'll need 3 million or close enough to get there, the last one from 39 to 40 is 166,700 XP.

I'd recommend Frontlines to rank up, you'll get double the XP and the cap is around 19K

If you are less than rank 30 by today's date (14th May) you are behind schedule.

All you get is a poxy fire rake and some underwhelming AKA skins, hardly worth the effort in all truth

More info here 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bmu5yt/trial_by_fire_xp_tracker_day_43_of_83/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b8obon/trial_by_fire_xp_requirements/
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Fix this
    It's not Tides of War anymore but Trial by Fire and the XP to rank up to 40 is a doddle and nothing needs fixing. You'll need 3 million or close enough to get there, the last one from 39 to 40 is 166,700 XP.

I'd recommend Frontlines to rank up, you'll get double the XP and the cap is around 19K

If you are less than rank 30 by today's date (14th May) you are behind schedule.

All you get is a poxy fire rake and some underwhelming AKA skins, hardly worth the effort in all truth

More info here 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bmu5yt/trial_by_fire_xp_tracker_day_43_of_83/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b8obon/trial_by_fire_xp_requirements/
    How does Chapter XP differ to normal XP?
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TIMO_Das_Wiesel said:

Fix this

More info here 

It’s still Tides of War. They’re all Tides of War. The last one was Tides of War Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes. This one is Tides of War Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited May 2019

Fix this

More info here 

The score you get in game does not correlate to the XP you get towards Trial by Fire. It's a mystery as Frontlines will give you roughly 15K XP toward TbF ranks whilst only scoring 9K in game. Conquest on the other hand if you score 15K in game you'll only get 8K toward TbF rankings. It's all a bit messed up.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    TIMO_Das_Wiesel said:

Fix this

More info here 

It’s still Tides of War. They’re all Tides of War. The last one was Tides of War Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes. This one is Tides of War Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.
    Oh yes, sorry I'll go back to sleep. Just goes to show how confusing the naming convention is.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Fix this

More info here 

The score you get in game does not correlate to the XP you get towards Trial by Fire. It's a mystery as Frontlines will give you roughly 15K XP toward TbF ranks whilst only scoring 9K in game. Conquest on the other hand if you score 15K in game you'll only get 8K toward TbF rankings. It's all a bit messed up.
    Guess i'll be playing a few more games of Frontlines then because even if it directly correlated with in game score, with my SPM at the mo circa 500 (overall is more like 400) it's going to take me 50 odd hours of gameplay ( minus the TOW challenge bonuses of course so maybe 35-40 hrs) to go from rank 27-40  Same confusion with weapon XP.  I assumed it was basically the damage you did with your weapon, yet when i was aiming towards the 3K with the Luger Carbine i surpassed that with the weapon rank well before i apparently did 3k damage.  DICE really should start explaining how their XP system works.  It's like when we were promised an explanation on ticket bleed rates in BF1.  That failed to materialize.