The Good The Bad and the Ridiculous of BF5

GoonHunter_1960
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi all
As a new player I soon discovered the following things about bf 5
The Good
1/  Great sound 
2/ Looks Great
3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
1/  Sniper  Plague
2/  No auto Balance
3/  Camping is a theme now!
4/ Laggy servers after removing UK versions

The Ridiculous
1/ The Death bug ..not dead or alive just sat or lying there unable to re spawn or die .
2/ Random deaths from God only knows ..just like BF 3/4 .

This game needs some patching dice .
My Noob rating 6/10.
And before the get gud comments spam me..Yes i am rubbish but at 59 years old with bad eyes and slow reactions what can i do.
Rgds
The Old Man 

Comments

• spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With due respect at least on Xbox x the sound remains terrible compared to every single shooter I have ever played with the exception of Fort Nite which is bar none the worst.
  • ps_865
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is a mixed bag. I enjoy playing it, but in the same time, it is the most frustrating FPS I ever played
  • ragnarok013
    2893 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    For me the sound isn't good, not compared to previous entries. I have a hard time hearing tanks in BF5 which has never happened to me in any other previous franchise entry. I enjoy my time squading up with friends so I am having fun in BF5 but the sound situation is bizarre and very noticeable when I return to BF3\4\1 for a round or two.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Feels like WW2"??? Neither looks or feels like it...
  • Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Camping is a theme now?

Yeah.......NO!
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me the sound isn't good, not compared to previous entries. I have a hard time hearing tanks in BF5 which has never happened to me in any other previous franchise entry. I enjoy my time squading up with friends so I am having fun in BF5 but the sound situation is bizarre and very noticeable when I return to BF3\4\1 for a round or two.
    You could hear tanks in BF1 - wow! Those things were as silentl as ninjas
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I didn't have my platoon I would have stopped playing this game long ago
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds is exceptional on PC, sound FX, music brilliant. Footsteps are still hit and miss though, seem quieter since the last patch?
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Camping is a theme now?

Yeah.......NO!

I get your point but it's gotten worse in this game. At least, in terms of normal players doing it. I get that recon has always camped lol.
  • DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Came back after not playing for a few weeks now, and right away got what i expected:

The good:
    Sitting in a Plane, i actually could spot enemys now and therefore use bombs on vehicles.

The bad:
    AA seems to be back to what it was: Flak downs my 'heavy' bomber in around 3 seconds

The rediculous:
    I now can SEE enemy tanks, but still not bomb them. Cause Bombs (and MG) only refill on refillstations when they feel like they should.

One Problem solved, 2 new Problems (back). And im not even sure if there have bine an update.

The realy good:

Now that i know state of the game ist still comparable to the (mostly) brown, sticky, smelly leftover of what ever takes its path throug the human body to supply it with everything it needs (mod told me to watch my mouth :( ), i can complete my RDR Story.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous
    1/ The Death bug ..not dead or alive just sat or lying there unable to re spawn or die .

My Noob rating 6/10.
    And before the get gud comments spam me..Yes i am rubbish but at 59 years old with bad eyes and slow reactions what can i do.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 
    It doesn't feel like WW2 enough for me, older games with worse graphics feel more WW2 (Red Orchestra 2 for example).
     The main reasons: women screams and voices, fantasy uniforms, uninspired maps (except Devastation) and blue screen filter.
    That reasons I mentioned annoyed me the first few weeks, then I started to consider the game an alternative WW2 Wolfenstein-ish game instead a WW2 game and I accept it now. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've experienced stealth tanks in BF3 and BF4, this is nothing new to me.  The audio is BFV has seemed good at times, horrible at others, DICE's fumbling efforts to tweak the audio are no better than their efforts to "fix" anything else (often they're messing with something that didn't need fixing).  In previous BF titles I found the audio to be highly useful, often I could locate opponents by hearing them before I could see them.  I don't get that feeling in BFV in part due to the audio clutter they have incorporated (e.g. the "atmospheric" background shots etc. they have added for immersion).  Sometimes audio is useful, but I just don't feel I can trust it because all too often I don't hear footsteps or tanks or whatever at all, and I'm sure some of my opponents feel the same way when I roll up the them in a tank and machine gun their whole squad because they're oblivious to my presence.

BFV being so inconsistent is an issue for me.  I can go into one server and get great hit registration and do well, and an hour later in another server it seems like no number of bullets on target are enough, I can't buy a kill.  With the rubber banding and stuttering I'm seeing since the last patch I really have to wonder if a lot of these problems are attributable to network performance--if the game can in effect lose bullets, maybe it can lose audio data too, like the sound of the enemy tank that is right beside you. 
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam said:
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 
    It doesn't feel like WW2 enough for me, older games with worse graphics feel more WW2 (Red Orchestra 2 for example).
     The main reasons: women screams and voices, fantasy uniforms, uninspired maps (except Devastation) and blue screen filter.
    That reasons I mentioned annoyed me the first few weeks, then I started to consider the game an alternative WW2 Wolfenstein-ish game instead a WW2 game and I accept it now. 

Not just women screams, men screams too. Like seriously, is their a high note they're trying to hit or something?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 
    The audio is inconsistent, as DICE has messed with it there have been improvements that have later disappeared.  Their hilarious efforts to get footstep sounds right is a good example, either everyone is a silent ninja or they're clumping around in ski boots--DICE can't seem to find a happy balance.

Full-time snipers will tell you they are the class DICE hates, their guns are worthless trash and they are being robbed of the scores rightfully theirs.  Yet there sure seem to be a lot of them, and they don't have trouble getting OHK kills on me even if I'm sprinting through good cover.

Balance is an unfunny joke in this game, you can start a round with a dozen players on one side and three times that many on the other, the round is effectively over in the first minute.  There also seems to be nothing to keep a clan or multiple clans working together from stacking teams, I see it every day.

Camping is no worse in BFV than in previous titles IMO.  I think the lack of 3D spotting (a good thing) and the weird lighting and visibility in some situations makes many players perceive more camping, but I really see no change from other titles in the series.

Poor network performance is universal in BFV, and it's been shown to be worse than in BF1 and I believe in late BF4 as well.  Lag, stuttering, rubber banding all seem to be worse since the last patch too.

The bleed-out bug, an old favorite that Nu-DICE has somehow figured out how to bring back in BFV.  Absolutely brilliant.

Yay old guys, age and treachery can overcome youth and skill (at least some of the time).
  • Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in no particular order.....

• PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

As soon as I read that "feels like WW2" I spilt my coffee. I know you don't have a clue about WW2. Ridiculous statement and something I'd expect from a new player.

• Trokey66
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

As soon as I read that "feels like WW2" I spilt my coffee. I know you don't have a clue about WW2. Ridiculous statement and something I'd expect from a new player.

I highly doubt you were there so I'm assuming Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan.....?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

I highly doubt you were there so I'm assuming Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan.....?
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

Plenty of WW2 games more authentic WW2 feel including COD WW2 and COD World At War. Red Orchestra already mentioned. Previous BF1942 title as well.
  • zenn_nme
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At the moment BFV feels hit & miss to me; they try, but it's still 'meh'. :/
  • herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

Hi all
    The Good
    1/  Great sound 
    2/ Looks Great
    3/ Feels like WW2

The Bad
    1/  Sniper  Plague
    2/  No auto Balance

The Ridiculous

My Noob rating 6/10.
    Rgds
    The Old Man 

Plenty of WW2 games more authentic WW2 feel including COD WW2 and COD World At War. Red Orchestra already mentioned. Previous BF1942 title as well.

Yeah CoD WW2 with Scare Crow skins feel more Like WW2! Lol
    Not to forget the Maps Like USS Texas.

Sorry but the Last good WW2 Games were all Indie Titles. AAA Publishers can't make good WW2 Games anymore.