Please remove Artillery Strikes.

ProAssassin2003
3002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This sounded like a good idea but it's not. Literally for 5 Minutes straight playing Breakthrough it was Artillery strike after Artillery strike. Either remove this feature or up the points to use it.

Comments

• IIMechatronikII
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what is going to happened if DICE removed this? I will be V1,after V1. Yes, I think they should increase lvl of points. It's to often for me.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They really seem more powerful in Firestorm - with screen shake reduced they are a minor annoyance at most in regular MP. A small increase in "price" would be fine but the other reinforcements are in more need of fine tuning in my opinion
  • GloriousRepublic
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    Get rid of call ins period. Battlefield needs go back to basics. Rock paper scissors style of class play. Less modes. Get back to making quality maps around the flagship modes. CQ, Rush, ect instead of shoe horning 19 modes into 8 mediocre maps. Balance the game first and foremost around the 4 classes and the maps. Strip out the other fluff. If they wanna keep BR than fine but make that mode f2p otherwise don't bother.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LOL leave them alone great for clearing out flag campers
  • GloriousRepublic
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL leave them alone great for clearing out flag campers

I don't think the OPs problem is of a single use of it. It's more about every squad is calling them one after another so it's just relentless especially in modes like Breakthrough or Grind.
  • bran1986
    5471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I quite like them as they add some much needed atmosphere.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i wouldn't mind a cooldown between use really, as mentioned in breakthrough it can get a bit much
  • Soulbreeze
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they just last too long.
  • dayglowfroggy
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it the way it is, adds atmosphere.
  • Hawxxeye
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    i wouldn't mind a cooldown between use really, as mentioned in breakthrough it can get a bit much
    If it gets a cooldown then it needs a proportional damage buff. It hardly kills people unless they take several hits
  • VincentNZ
    2378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are a good way to force enemies out of a certain point, but efficiency vastly differs from map to map. On Fjell where everybody sticks with their team and squad points go up much faster, you will be hit by stuff from above a dozen of times per round and it is annoying. On bigger maps it really is only a tactical tool, to distract and attrition damage the opponent. I think they should change point costs in regards to maps, so it can not be spammed so much on Fjell.
    Everybody complained about mortars, but Artillery and V1s that are much easier to use and much more effective somehow get their approval, it is rather ridiculous.
  • abc1434286920
    446 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind them per se but i find it somewhat funny that the same community that wanted behemoths & elites out are now fine with the airstrikes and V1 rockets....

• GrizzGolf
    880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The artillery strikes are something from old BF games why are there people who do not want it
    Because those people hate themselves 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just increase the cost per each strike. 17000 isn't that much so people can spam it over and over. Make it 25000 or so.
  • olavafar
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also think a cost increase is the most we could wish for.

Personally I dislike them a lot just as I dislike the V1/JB2. Both are tools for players who do not want to be in objective zones, directly aimed at those who want to be there. Both give easy kills based more or less purely on luck.

All the other enforcements are tolerable in my book but this indirect fire stuff is a bit game breaking. Most annoying with artillery strike is that all one can do is wait it out. Sometimes one dies, sometimes not and it is just as bad when it has been set by my own team as it is hard to see anyone and impossible to aim while it lasts.
  • full951
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well. After summer is over and new games are out to tank the player base even more, they will hopefully have the customer servers out and you can turn that off.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    GrizzGolf said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The artillery strikes are something from old BF games why are there people who do not want it
    Because those people hate themselves 
    There's still a difference to every older title, the duration of artillery strikes is higher in BF5.
    Post edited by IDirtY_SeCreT on