DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• DrunkwoIf
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Reporting does nothing and i'm in serious doubt the anti cheat does anything. 
    I reported a blatant rage cheater, 50%+  head shot ratio on all automatic weapons, 90 on some, around 3-4 months ago. And i just checked and he played today with 51-2 in tdm with a playtime of 6 mins, with 35 of his 35 kills with the zk-383 being headshots. absolutely awful. won't be buying anymore of this crap where cheats are allowed to play without consequences.
    I just checked on a guy I reported awhile back, he had a kill streak of 266 which IMO suggested he wasn't a legit player--when I encountered him members of his own team were following him around calling him out for cheating.  I now see that he has stopped playing, so maybe they finally banned him, hurray.  Of course there is absolutely nothing stopping him from getting anther account and picking up where he left off, apparently he'll have months and months to cheat again before he's at any risk of being banned.

whats even worse is these people rent the cheats ( they actually pay money every month for them ) and when they get banned the company will buy them another copy of the game so they can continue to play and rent the cheat. Until the people who makes the cheats get dealt with nothing will ever change.
  • research-kitchen
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe EA is supplying the cheats! 
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I reported a blatant rage cheater, 50%+  head shot ratio on all automatic weapons, 90 on some, around 3-4 months ago. And i just checked and he played today with 51-2 in tdm with a playtime of 6 mins, with 35 of his 35 kills with the zk-383 being headshots. absolutely awful. won't be buying anymore of this crap where cheats are allowed to play without consequences.
    I just checked on a guy I reported awhile back, he had a kill streak of 266 which IMO suggested he wasn't a legit player--when I encountered him members of his own team were following him around calling him out for cheating.  I now see that he has stopped playing, so maybe they finally banned him, hurray.  Of course there is absolutely nothing stopping him from getting anther account and picking up where he left off, apparently he'll have months and months to cheat again before he's at any risk of being banned.
    Maybe some are getting banned but after several months of rage cheating but it's not good enough. If fairfight was worth a damn then it should be able to detect aimbots and damage amplifiers instantly, definitely not several months. Which to me, makes me doubt there's any anti cheat at all. And for reporting. the rage cheaters probably get reported 1000 times before they disappear, which again leads me to believe they don't even look at reports. Surely they could implement a priority list. For example, investigating the people who have the most reports against them first.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have to give it to you guys at Dice/Ea/Origin/ whoever, i personally do not care.
    you are all as bad as one another. none of you know how to read or have any customer service, all you know what to do its destroy which was once a great game into POO.

I swear my 7 year old if ask could do a better job than all you guys.

no much else i can say apart from you guys are nothing other than a comedy act like Jim Jefferies, well you are as funny as him anyways.
    great way to totally stuff up something great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GenCuster
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    Fortress.....
    Result....
    Another triggerbot party!
    How sad.

• DrunkwoIf
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Maybe some are getting banned but after several months of rage cheating but it's not good enough. If fairfight was worth a damn then it should be able to detect aimbots and damage amplifiers instantly, definitely not several months. Which to me, makes me doubt there's any anti cheat at all. And for reporting. the rage cheaters probably get reported 1000 times before they disappear, which again leads me to believe they don't even look at reports. Surely they could implement a priority list. For example, investigating the people who have the most reports against them first.
    I was in two games with blatant cheaters last night, one went 137-7, the other was 166-1 (shooting people through walls and floors)--both were playing as infantry on conquest maps.  The first guy must have just turned on his hack because previously in his nineteen hours he had normal stats.  The second guy has played seventeen hours and has spectacular stats with a 25-1 KDR, 5 KPM and 95% win rate.  How could whatever anti-cheat EA is using in this game not be able to spot someone who can get 166 kills to only one death while shooting through buildings?  This guy must have been reported dozens of times, probably more.  There is absolutely no excuse for EA's anti-cheat dept. being unaware of this painfully obvious cheater, but there he is, spoiling games every night, untouched.

When I was playing PUBG they brought in a system where players who report cheaters who are confirmed to be cheating get a notice that the suspicious player had been banned.  I had a couple of dozen such notices before I stopped playing that game, and most arrived within a day or two of the report.  BTW, PUBG Corp. says 83% of players getting multiple cheat reports are confirmed to be cheating.  Meanwhile, in BFV, painfully obvious hack users can play and play and wreck games for weeks, months--in some cases apparently years.  "Our anti-cheat approach to Battlefield V"--your approach is to sit on your hands and watch cheaters destroy the game, that's your approach.

Games from other companies have cheaters too, but at least some other companies will make an effort to reduce cheating, EA isn't even pretending to be trying.

BFV's anti-cheat is an unfunny joke.

tell them how you really feel by not buying anymore games from them until they fix the problem. THAT is the only power we really have here. If enough people get fed up and do this, they will have to act. until then they are just collecting our money and not not caring what so ever if the game is getting ruined by cheaters because the next big game is just around the corner!
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you buy any more EA games, then you are saying that servers, anti-cheat system, game overall is fine and does not need a major overhaul.
    If you don't buy the game then EA is forced to make major changes to get us as customers to buy their games.

IF EA does not want to do anything about the cheating then I don't want to buy any EA games. It is really that simple.
  • bran1986
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ran into several hackers yesterday, one went 95-0 with 87 headshots with the Volk 1-5. Checked his stats and he either stole someone's account, bought the account, or just started hacking. Funny thing is these hackers know dice doesn't give a crap as they openly make fun of them by changing their names to something like Iwontbebanned18. There was a clan tag which was a variation of Ihack, and it was just a group of players that used rage hacks. One player I ran into in this clan had 35 kills before we hit the hanger on Aerodrome. He gloated how he would never be banned.