UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• ackers75
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Are you a virgin uk customer?
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Based upon feedback give to Braddock from the dev team:

"Average ping during peak is 31.19ms when connecting through the Frankfurt Data Center" Are they selecting the lowest ping rounds for that result because I just calculated the mean ping (as opposed to an average) of the last 10 consecutive rounds played on Frankfurt servers.  My results were between 45-50 ping.
     "Off-peak connections in EU connect through our IAD (Dulles/East US) center and have a ping of 98"  What exactly is meant by off-peak, night time, weekends, bank holidays? 
    "The beauty of Amazon servers is that if we need to increase server locations and capacity, it's pretty quick" Well we can see they need to increase servers locations for sure, if its a quick process why don't they do it until they establish the problem with the Frankfurt connection.  Speaking of which, there are other areas such as Oceania that have such poor server support. 
    Match making times haven't improved since this decision based upon my personal experience, and they are about to include more forth coming temporarily modes, making the match making times longer for the modes they are pulling players away from. 
    They are making so much effort in promoting skins, temporary game modes, forth coming features, but I strongly feel that if they don't address the server support and the high number of bugs it will simply amount to nothing.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.
  • ackers75
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:

Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.

They are pretty good now to be fair.
    Was only asking because many virgin hub 3 users have issues with ping spikes and packet loss due to the crappy puma chipset in it.
  • grrlpurple
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A ping increase of about 10 isn't my issue, its the increase in encountering high ping players on DE servers and the hitreg mess that results.

I'd love to know why everyone has super bullets except me! 🙁
  • BillBailey0
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loyal brethren, lets bow our heads and morn the death of battlefield, it had a good innings, it fought valiantly, but it's time to lay it to rest. R.I.P
  • petro1head
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting shot around corners. It's like playing Bad Company 2 again except a lot less fun. If they're going to not care about player ping, they might as well drop the tick rate too. It feels like they're flushing away all the improvements made in the BF4 community update thing.
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    still no official responce from ea. WOW.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey guys Just as a reminder Ping in game isn't based on ICMP. It's based on packet receival and response. You send the server a packet, it processes it and sends a response... similar to ping but processing times are added to it.

High server loads will increase the processing time. Thus increase in-game ping values. The more bad connections (high ping/loss/jitter) players you add to a server the more load you add.

Obviously by forcing all of EU to Frankfurt would increase a lot of players pings. The same for NA forced to Virginia.
  • Yurisputnik
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
     “ I have been consistently making the case for the community with the team “.
    Does anyone else find that an indictment of EA’s attitude towards the community? Why do they need YOU to make a case? Don’t they care? Why do they need reminding? Too busy producing new content to listen to us? 

This will drag on and on, nothing will be done to rectify the situation. Then the next masterpiece will be previewed ( god forbid another Star Wars based game )  and you’ll close-up shop on BF5. 
  • VOLBANKER
    772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to me it's the guys higher up the chain that wants to bury this incident silently.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »

WOW you couldn’t be bothered reading all posts by the CM. I believe they are filtered for you so they stand out. How unusual for somebody on the internet. Jump up and down only to realise the answer is in front of them.
  • Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, my post needs approval 
  • KPNuts74
    484 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

WOW you couldn’t be bothered reading all posts by the CM. I believe they are filtered for you so they stand out. How unusual for somebody on the internet. Jump up and down only to realise the answer is in front of them.

The CM has given the latest response, but to say ‘the answer is in front of them’ is a stretch.
  • Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sure @Epthy meant if there was an official word to whether the lost servers would be returning - or not

Hey guys Just as a reminder Ping in game isn't based on ICMP. It's based on packet receival and response. You send the server a packet, it processes it and sends a response... similar to ping but processing times are added to it.

High server loads will increase the processing time. Thus increase in-game ping values. The more bad connections (high ping/loss/jitter) players you add to a server the more load you add.

Obviously by forcing all of EU to Frankfurt would increase a lot of players pings. The same for NA forced to Virginia.
    Seems weird that playing on 🇩🇪 servers in BF1 is smooth yet bf5 gets all these reports for stuttering. What's weirder, there's still 🇮🇪 servers still running on bf1. 

[insert Homer backing into a hedge gif here] 
  • Rev0verDrive
    6704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 said:
    Seems weird that playing on 🇩🇪 servers in BF1 is smooth yet bf5 gets all these reports for stuttering. What's weirder, there's still 🇮🇪 servers still running on bf1. 

Compare the average server ping in both games. Also BF1 still has Ireland servers.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:

Compare the average server ping in both games. Also BF1 still has Ireland servers.

That’s why Lossy isn’t complaining- they say the Luck of the Irish. Server Lotto perhaps?
  • Rev0verDrive
    Prep768 said:

That’s why Lossy isn’t complaining- they say the Luck of the Irish. Server Lotto perhaps?

In what regard? Hardware? They're the same. Identical in fact. Only difference server to server is the player joining it and their connections.
This discussion has been closed.