Being Over-Dramatic.

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Sorry, I have a degree in drama.
    So does my ex-girlfriend :smiley:
    Oh you're used to it then lol. Both my partner and I have the same degree so you can imagine what it's like in our house 😆
    Lol, I can imagine, but which one is the main drama queen?! :wink:
    ElliotLH: "I am the main drama queen of our relationship."

E's partner: "No, I am."

ElliotLH: "No, it really is me."

E's partner: "No, I am!"

ElliotLH: "You're not!!"

E's partner: "Am so!!"

ElliotLH: "Am not!!!"

E's partner: "Am SO!!!"

ElliotLH: "You LIAR!!!!"

E's partner: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!!"

(etc!)

• trip1ex
    4305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    people on the internets being overly dramatic?  I don't believe you. 
  • von_Campenstein
    6465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Oh you're used to it then lol. Both my partner and I have the same degree so you can imagine what it's like in our house 😆

Don't just shake the spear, impale her, that will set you up for life, that's a good thing right!?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    superteds said:
    basically people are far more likely to criticise than praise, and a forum gives them a quick way to do that.
    Pretty much this.

You've heard the saying "bad news travels fast"...

You're far more likely to see criticism than you are to see praise.

You only need to look on the forum,  the criticising threads far outweigh threads that praise the game and that's a given,  If people enjoy something they're more likely to continue enjoying it,  whereas if people dislike something they will be pounding on the door,  torches & pitchforks at the ready screaming for blood.

• warslag
    1257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @LOLGotYerTags Bad news and criticism aren't the same things though.
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Hes not saying they are, but criticism is often bad news for the person/company, as is the case here.  The point is negative experiences cause bigger waves than positive ones. 
  • warslag
    1257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JPhysics said:
    warslag said:
    Hes not saying they are, but criticism is often bad news for the person/company, as is the case here.  The point is negative experiences cause bigger waves than positive ones. 
    You're using "bad news" colloquially. Criticism is not bad news. Bad news would be news of something bad, such as a train wreck. Criticism is pointing out flaws, faults and errors.
  • JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 14
    warslag wrote: »
    JPhysics said:

warslag said:

You're using "bad news" colloquially. Criticism is not bad news. Bad news would be news of something bad, such as a train wreck. Criticism is pointing out flaws, faults and errors.

I didn't say criticism always is bad news, I said it often is. I always stated as is the case here adding narrative, because the criticsm you see here in the forum is not good, therefore it is bad news for Dice.
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These days you need to be over the top when you make a claim, otherwise your critics will retort:  "What is the big deal"?
  • GirthQQuakes
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant get a solo Firestorm match on PC during normal times of day. In North America. I think its fair to say BF5 has some major problems. 
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

ElliotLH said:

VOLBANKER said:

ElliotLH said:

Lol, I can imagine, but which one is the main drama queen?! :wink:

ElliotLH: "I am the main drama queen of our relationship."

E's partner: "No, I am."

ElliotLH: "No, it really is me."

E's partner: "No, I am!"

ElliotLH: "You're not!!"

E's partner: "Am so!!"

ElliotLH: "Am not!!!"

E's partner: "Am SO!!!"

ElliotLH: "You LIAR!!!!"

E's partner: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!!"

(etc!)

Yep that sounds eerily familiar 🤣
    ElliotLH said:

VOLBANKER said:

ElliotLH said:

Don't just shake the spear, impale her, that will set you up for life, that's a good thing right!?

Or could it be a tragedy. Boom! Boom! ...I'll show myself out.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I wonder if part of it is that the matchmaking has problems. Out of sheer laziness I used it to get a game of Squad Conquest at the weekend and it was taking so long I gave up. Went to the server browser and found a load of games with space straight away.  If that happens all the time, it's going to annoy players who only use the matchmaking.

The UK and Ohio servers disappearing and Firestorm Duos getting cut paints a pretty negative picture as well.

I never understood why people would want to use the match maker. It can put you into a server with who knows how many players and ping. Or you can use the server browser, arrange the ping from low to high and choose the server probably faster then the match maker. While people wait 2-3 minutes for match maker, you can giter dun with the server browser in about 30 sec
    ^This. I haven't used the match making feature at all since the 1st month of release. All it ever did was put us into empty lobbies that would never fill, even when there were several spots vacant in other servers.
  • 5hadyBrady
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been seeing things like "Battlefield V is dead" and "Battlefield V was dead on arrival"... I honestly don't get it. Battlefield V is far from dead as I'm perfectly able to get into games within 30 seconds, Are people really so hell bent on this game that they jump at any chance to **** on the game? Wow Battlefield V isn't as popular as it 1st released? Damn... I guess basically every other Battlefield was dead long ago as well. ..

Some plain talking advice, if you are enjoying the game good for you , but also stay away from the forum. I don’t mean that in a bad way. But it should be obvious that most people come on to complain. If they are enjoying the game then they don’t waste time on the forum.
    That's because DICE and EA are directing users to do so. Origin specifically tells users to sign up to the EA battlefield forums and provide feedback and constructive criticism. That's what the developers are using the forums for. The folks "complaining" are doing exactly what EA are asking them to do.
  • sabootheshaman
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    spartanx169x said:

OsamaBinLadle2 wrote: »
    I've been seeing things like "Battlefield V is dead" and "Battlefield V was dead on arrival"... I honestly don't get it. Battlefield V is far from dead as I'm perfectly able to get into games within 30 seconds, Are people really so hell bent on this game that they jump at any chance to **** on the game? Wow Battlefield V isn't as popular as it 1st released? Damn... I guess basically every other Battlefield was dead long ago as well. ..

Some plain talking advice, if you are enjoying the game good for you , but also stay away from the forum. I don’t mean that in a bad way. But it should be obvious that most people come on to complain. If they are enjoying the game then they don’t waste time on the forum.

That's because DICE and EA are directing users to do so. Origin specifically tells users to sign up to the EA battlefield forums and provide feedback and constructive criticism. That's what the developers are using the forums for. The folks "complaining" are doing exactly what EA are asking them to do.

Complaining is totally fine. It’s the way people are doing it.

Too many “this sucks” comments without any rationalism. The other thing that seems to be happening on here is the diminishing of people’s different opinions for petty reasons.

Add to that people are literally spamming threads with unrelated issues or still going on about topics DICE have already said they aren’t going to change.
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    spartanx169x said:

OsamaBinLadle2 wrote: »

Absolutely, I understand that, the point I was making to the OP. was that it is best for him to continue to enjoy the game and ignore the negativity since it appears he is not affected by the issues with the game.
  • G-Gnu
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All depends on how you define "Dead". 
    Though you could wonder why EA decided to remove the player count feature from SWBF2 and BFV ? 
    Game is not "dead" at per se , but player base is not that strong either. Jumping into a server (matchmaking) as a single player is usually not a problem, the problem comes when you are more then one and want to join simultaneously then it can take a while, but still doable.  
  • mrtwotimes
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People criticize ridiculous stuff
  • ChiefSniper
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    I've said this before; this forum is like Twitter... It's a cesspool of negativity :) People do mostly only come on here to complain as previously stated, so visiting the forum in small doses I think is best :D Seriously though, it's kind of funny when people absolutely lose their friggin' minds over something simple like the introduction of the Kill Cam. Those people need to take a step back for a minute, and realise it's just a game... not a real life (or death) situation. Yes, of course it's ok to be frustrated, but to burst a blood vessel over it...
  • von_Campenstein
    6465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've said this before; this forum is like Twitter... It's a cesspool of negativity :) People do mostly only come on here to complain as previously stated, so visiting the forum in small doses I think is best :D Seriously though, it's kind of funny when people absolutely lose their friggin' minds over something simple like the introduction of the Kill Cam. Those people need to take a step back for a minute, and realise it's just a game... not a real life (or death) situation. Yes, of course it's ok to be frustrated, but to burst a blood vessel over it...

#getoffmylawn