Garbage hit registration (video proof).

Comments

• 5hadyBrady
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here are two separate videos of horrible hit registration. I've got about a dozen more uploading. Sorry for the language, I didn't know I could edit it out on the first one.

• JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I put 4 rounds into a guy with a KP-31 earlier today centre torso. I got 4 hit markers but the server registered damage once, with 0 packet loss my side.
  • VindictiV_V
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    VincentNZ said:
    Increase the resolution

[link removed due to profanity in the video]

During the 7th second of the video you clearly see a huge blood splatter coming out of his head yet no hit marker and he doesn't die like he should have (before managing to kill me) but his bullets have no problem hitting me.
    Why is that even a thing??!! The game even creats a blood effect because it knows I hit the target yet nothing is registered???

Could be a thousand issues, could be the server, on your end or his end. Something I have experienced is hitmarkers not showing up although damage is dealt and added later to the next shot. Generally something is up with hitreg and hitmarkers since the latest patch, yet it has nothing to do with the area from which you locate to the game server. This happens across all server zones.
    I'm NA east, was playing on NA server. I have a low ping as well as a fiber optic connection. It has nothing to do with connection (as you said yourself at the end of your paragraph). I had yet to experience similar situations when playing bf1 and I don't remember hitreg being this buggy when bf5 came out. It is definitly NOT from my end. I like to play with weapons similar to the RSC in bf1 (aka trombocino in bf5) and it's extremely punishing for my playstyle if my bullets don't register unlike with ez-mode fully automatic weapons as those have 20+ more to shoot and it's inexcusable to have to deal with this crap 6 months into the game's release when this is the Nth title of the series. 
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • VindictiV_V
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here are two separate videos of horrible hit registration. I've got about a dozen more uploading. Sorry for the language, I didn't know I could edit it out on the first one.

LOL this is indeed ridiculous.
  • Ceph_v74
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This could also be a result of them using AWS to host their servers etc. AWS are not the cheapest and far from ideal to hosting such games.
  • 5hadyBrady
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It could be any number of issues. I already have the network graph enabled to "show on problems", and it never pops up when I have these issues. Sometimes it does, but most of the time this just the way the game is. I'm hardwired in to my modem, so I'm not having wifi issues or network issues on my end. It's Battlefield servers. The network graph is even broken if it's supposed to pop up while experiencing issues.
  • VindictiV_V
    VincentNZ said:
    Jokerdef said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Increase the resolution:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gx6VE7Z8EaMUQJYEQHwXXuvEsaEGHLcg

During the 7th second of the video you clearly see a huge blood splatter coming out of his head yet no hit marker and he doesn't die like he should have (before managing to kill me) but his bullets have no problem hitting me.
    Why is that even a thing??!! The game even creats a blood effect because it knows I hit the target yet nothing is registered???

Could be a thousand issues, could be the server, on your end or his end. Something I have experienced is hitmarkers not showing up although damage is dealt and added later to the next shot. Generally something is up with hitreg and hitmarkers since the latest patch, yet it has nothing to do with the area from which you locate to the game server. This happens across all server zones.
    Yep there is a noticeable difference in the hitreg after the latest patch and unfortunately AGAIN it's gotten worse than before.
    Damn frustrating! Again! Please DICE just settle to one setting or setup or whatever and stick with it. I'm getting sick and tired of having to "learn" how to shoot over and over again after every patch. 
    Instead, give us new maps! And Rush game mode back. Please!

I want to point out, that I never had any issue with hitreg, hitmarkers, netcode or similar in ANY BF game, that could not have been explained by issues on my end, server performance or simply my flawed perception. It just started with the last patch that I saw damage registering without hitmarkers, hitmarkers with not registering damage, hit and damage notifications above 100 regularly etc.. I am rather annoyed by that at the moment, since I am playing a rather low damage weapon where you score hit after hit, with little result. So something is rather wrong right now, way more so than before, and I can not be put down to external issues anymore.
    Oh you just reminded me, I also had a similar situation where I shot somebody back to back with 2 shots of a trombocino in a row and did 110 damage or even more (can't remember the exact number) and the target still lived. Thing is, it was 2 shots back to back so it's impossible for him to have healed using a bandage or something in the half a sec it took me to shoot him a second time. I'v had multiple moments with similar situations happen with above 100 (supposedly) damage delt on a single target yet he lived (and they were situations where healing couldn't have happened). 
  • bran1986
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15

I've had that happen with the Tromboncino as well. A couple of days ago I hit someone in the head, got the blood and tink of the helmet but no damage. I hit someone twice in the chest but didn't get the kill. Then you have times where I have missed the head but got a headshot kill and other times clearly hit someone in the head but got a body hit.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 15
    @VindictiV_V ;
    Please do not share video where there is profanity in it ( from you or others in VOIP ) as this violates the forum rules.

If you need to share the video,  Please edit out the profanity and re-link the clean version.
  • wiazabi
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also play with show on problems with netgraph but regardless it would always show the icon on side if problems on server or client.

Yesterday i had to land 3 headshots on a prone mmg player just for 1 to register, stuff like that should just not happen.

The tank clip is also really strange as i have been on the victim tank side where i see stuff hitting my tank but i take no damage, we also still have the no glance 3 damage hits.
  • ackers75
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep played some games in my time but this game has the worst hit reg I have seen for a very long time!
    Pretty much game breaking
  • MBT_Layzan
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15

Tank v tank fights are poor as it is with OP repair tools, glancing hit bugs and the rubbish broken hit detection. Then you add broken hit registration and you got one hell of a mess. We all know how rubbish/frustrating tanking is with all the assault spam so not being able to rely on taking out infantry needs no explanation. It's a shameful state and it's been this way for months. If it's not one thing, it's another. And releasing crap like pay for skins and firestorm on top of this broken mess just adds fuel to the fire in my book. 
  • xTWENTYxONEx
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    I'm, and frankly most of BF community right now is experiencing horrible netcode issues. Getting killed behind cover, terrible registration rubber banding and more.

Absolutely right! For reference,  I didn't experience any stuttering or rubberbanding until this most recent patch and now it's bad. I'm in the US and virtually never have problems with any of the Battlefield games. I've played both Bf4 and Bf1 this past week and they were all good and smooth. Went back to BfV and still stuttering a lot and rubberbanding a little bit.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been thinking for a while, that the netcode might not be the real issue but the servers instead. Knowing EA they probably have the cheapest servers that they can get or rent. If it’s thru AWS, for me it becomes even more suspect. I have been playing BF4 a lot recently and it has similar issues at times. BF1 has similar issues still at times , this is where it gets interesting Plants vs Zombies2 Garden Warfare an EA game has the SAME issues at times. It’s easy to blame DICE, but I would really like a third party do some testing on all the games. The game(s) could have the best netcode ever created but it won’t matter much if the servers strain to manage it.

I have to agree, im sure I read somewhere that 60Hz Dom servers have been swapped for 30Hz aswell.

• JPhysics
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are other EA games with similar issues using AWS do you know?  EA have a habit of consolidating resources across the developers under their scope.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really shows a lot --no video --has been removed
  • crazzeesyko
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My personal favourite experience highlighting the on point hitreg.
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/crazzeesyko/video/73048038

• ackers75
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Played last night and it was just an exercise of frustration.
    One bullet deaths galore with getting shot well behind cover.
    To top it off shooting people and getting hit markers but not seeing amount of damage done!

All with 16 ms ping so I dread to think how bad it plays with 100ms
  • StingX71
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What do guys think of this one?  Should of gone down in one less shot imho considering one of them registered as a head shot. 

• VindictiV_V
    @VindictiV_V ;
    Please do not share video where there is profanity in it ( from you or others in VOIP ) as this violates the forum rules.

If you need to share the video,  Please edit out the profanity and re-link the clean version.
    Man you're so petty. The S word is bad on a forum for a 18+ video game? That is logical to you? Comon man, this is beyond pathetic.