The Mosquito

mudpig44
46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 15
Is it time to nerf the mosquito?
Yes
Can't bring them down with anti aircraft or flak. But they can kill the hardest of armour with one bomb.
People talk about an unbalanced game.
Dice nerfed the most feared tank in the war to become the slowest moving in the game and potentially the most useless tank in the game that can be killed by one man and his piat.

Yet they have done nothing to quell the pillaging of the fully loaded mosquito.

Comments

• M_Rat13
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers IRL were the ultimate counter to standard tanks. Switch to an AA tank if you want to kill planes. 

If that doesn't work, then we can talk.

Sidenote: I have noticed playing as the Germans getting bombed specifically by the Mosquito a lot, so it at the very least is popular. The JU-88 was also popular before it got nerfed, so there might be a correlation, but I don't like to assume.

• mudpig44
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Bombers IRL were the ultimate counter to standard tanks. Switch to an AA tank if you want to kill planes. 

Sidenote: I have noticed playing as the Germans getting bombed specifically by the Mosquito a lot, so it at the very least is popular. The JU-88 was also popular before it got nerfed, so there might be a correlation, but I don't like to assume.

Oh yes. I did change to AA tank and still subsequently **** by the same guy. I lined him up from the beginning of his dive on me. Hammered as many rounds as I could into him. I expected to get killed as I knew he was carrying the biggest bombs.
    In the kill screen, even though I'd been hitting him for the whole dive he still had 70% health left.

So yeah there's still big balancing issues for sure.
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 said:
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Oh yes. I did change to AA tank and still subsequently **** by the same guy. I lined him up from the beginning of his dive on me. Hammered as many rounds as I could into him. I expected to get killed as I knew he was carrying the biggest bombs.
    In the kill screen, even though I'd been hitting him for the whole dive he still had 70% health left.

So yeah there's still big balancing issues for sure.
    the 70% health is due to the quick repair. His real health would had been like 40%.
    Were you using the fast firing AA tank configuration or the slow firing one? The slow firing one is more suitable for bombers.
  • Tullzter
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Mosquito is indeed a very powerful plane but i think it's balanced by having the Stuka with the 37mm Cannons that can basically down a bomber in 3 shots not to mention the JU 88 C with it's 4 ventral shredders that have the fastest TTK in the game
  • okiie_918
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 wrote: »
    Is it time to nerf the mosquito?
    Yes
    Can't bring them down with anti aircraft or flak. But they can kill the hardest of armour with one bomb.
    People talk about an unbalanced game.
    Dice nerfed the most feared tank in the war to become the slowest moving in the game and potentially the most useless tank in the game that can be killed by one man and his piat.

Yet they have done nothing to quell the pillaging of the fully loaded mosquito.

Maybe try a fighter plane! I personally farm mosquito's it has no defense!
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    The Mosquito is indeed a very powerful plane but i think it's balanced by having the Stuka with the 37mm Cannons that can basically down a bomber in 3 shots not to mention the JU 88 C with it's 4 ventral shredders that have the fastest TTK in the game
    Yes, the mosquitto is so defenseless on the rear that I decided to use the newly buffed blenheims from now on if I can.
  • mudpig44
    All good points. I was never a fan of equipment being nerfed. But if Dice is going to nerf some and not others well I guess that's for them to work out.
    The game is dying a horrible death unfortunately.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't keep up with if mobile aa is good or not anymore.. Last I did check it was sub par against bombers but that was ages ago. 

Personally I really don't like air power only being balanced by air power. Means so many games are really unbalanced.  
  • Agent_Talon
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure how AA is working at the moment but in my last few experiences flying I get the bomber at the start of the round and never get shot down once.  Several games I don't even get hit, it just seems like no one is flying or caring about shooting me down. 
  • xKusagamix
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    Balance for planes in BFV is ridiculous.

3rd view bomb sight should be removed completely from the game to at least make the screenshake feel more effective so bomber can't just take a few hits and completely annihilate any attempt to destroy them (well, if the 1st view even work properly in the first place).

At least in BF1 the Tank Hunter Plane feel fair against Tanks and the Heavy Bomber is powerful but slow as heck and big enough for other to shoot them easily.

You know it's wrong when you see Fighter plane farming Infantry kills and Bombers flying around trying to dogfight against Fighter plane.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I get harassed by enemy air force, I just hop into a fighter and ruin their days. German fighter is extremely powerful with x2 20mm cannon and AA rockets. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I get harassed by enemy air force, I just hop into a fighter and ruin their days. German fighter is extremely powerful with x2 20mm cannon and AA rockets. 
    But I can be in a tank and get blown to bits with ease, and see all our tanks getting ruined, I'm on the chat asking where is our air defence and they just don't care or joke. Most times, my sides air is doing the same to the other team and they are ignoring each other in the sky. I hate it, because even if someone how I could beat a skilled pilot/pilots, I can't get a plane because they are farming the other side and nothing on the surface can really stop them. Or our side is trying but has no hope against the other sides air power so they keep dropping like flies.  

The game shouldn't even be like that anyway, Mobile anti air should be a real threat, stationary aa too, and not some mild deterrent. Ground AT weapons are for real against armour, should be the same for fixed AA. 

Planes in decent hands ruin tanks giving zero chance, so why is mobile aa not making pilots freak out and stay clear until tanks take care of them or infantry? I roll next to mobile aa and they just get blown up first by planes. Most times they don't even bother shooting at the planes and focus on infantry because it just shows the planes where to kill them as they can't take out the planes before this happens, and there is too much going on around them on the ground also.     
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 1000lb was already nerfed if - it used to be much more deadly. The AT cannon might still be an issue but at least takes a bit of skill to really be effective.

The best counter to them is another plane though, rather than AA. I highly recommend the JU88C as it eats them.
  • mudpig44
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    YourLocalPlumber said:

But I can be in a tank and get blown to bits with ease, and see all our tanks getting ruined, I'm on the chat asking where is our air defence and they just don't care or joke. Most times, my sides air is doing the same to the other team and they are ignoring each other in the sky. I hate it, because even if someone how I could beat a skilled pilot/pilots, I can't get a plane because they are farming the other side and nothing on the surface can really stop them. Or our side is trying but has no hope against the other sides air power so they keep dropping like flies.  

The game shouldn't even be like that anyway, Mobile anti air should be a real threat, stationary aa too, and not some mild deterrent. Ground AT weapons are for real against armour, should be the same for fixed AA. 

Planes in decent hands ruin tanks giving zero chance, so why is mobile aa not making pilots freak out and stay clear until tanks take care of them or infantry? I roll next to mobile aa and they just get blown up first by planes. Most times they don't even bother shooting at the planes and focus on infantry because it just shows the planes where to kill them as they can't take out the planes before this happens, and there is too much going on around them on the ground also.     

Absolutely agreed. Mobile and fixed AA are useless. In BF1 it was more balanced.
  • Hawxxeye
    In terms of AA balance I  have this to say.
    I had been in a round where due to some EA origin issues a lot of people in my team as well as some of the other side where unable to respawn or to join the game afterwards so people left especially on my side, this left them with less enemies to focus on so one of the favourite targets where me and my Ju88-A.
    This was one of the few times where I had the chance to experience focused fire from more than 1 AA cannon (either 1 SAA and one MAA or 2 SAAs) and several times the focused fire was shredding my bomber.
    This made me think that perhaps the AA is balanced around being being used as a group of  2 or more sources of flak instead of a single AA being supposed to take on the entire enemy air force.
    Perhaps if more than 1 person in a team was actually trying to take down the enemy planes then they would be having a much better time.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Hawxxeye said:
    I had been in a round where due to some EA origin issues a lot of people in my team as well as some of the other side where unable to respawn or to join the game afterwards so people left especially on my side, this left them with less enemies to focus on so one of the favourite targets where me and my Ju88-A.
    This was one of the few times where I had the chance to experience focused fire from more than 1 AA cannon (either 1 SAA and one MAA or 2 SAAs) and several times the focused fire was shredding my bomber.
    This made me think that perhaps the AA is balanced around being being used as a group of  2 or more sources of flak instead of a single AA being supposed to take on the entire enemy air force.
    Perhaps if more than 1 person in a team was actually trying to take down the enemy planes then they would be having a much better time.
    I hear you mate, but it's not that way for anything else like a tank. Infantry can solo them, planes have a field day if they are good. Ground vehicles get overrun with ease just by game design. I don't want to solo a plane. But we don't really stand a chance on the surface to even survive when decent planes are about.

Tanks used to be able to hit hard cover from things like pro jets and with quick thinking/good positioning be fixed before the next attack run from a solo jet. But infantry are such a massive threat now, we have nowhere. The disable system is awful when you get nuked by bomber and they don't OHK me. Often I have to self repair twice to fix broken tracks. There is no way I can do this fast enough before the bomber returns to finish me off. Even if I get out and heal to full, without the emergency repair they will still take you out because I can't move due to my broken tracks.

I wouldn't mind all this if mobile aa and fixed aa had more impact on planes. Like clear this area or die. But like you mentioned, you need more than one so in this game most times mobile aa either get killed too, or don't bother. I think I saw two players position two fixed AA once with a trucks way back when there was an assignment. 

Thing is, a decent plane can take out anything and still really only is concerned about other pilots. At least in games like bf3/4, tank drivers had the option to carry a stinger to ward of air power to some degree. Here we get nothing. Not even the top gunner MG is effective anymore mainly because they die so easy.    
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye said:
    I hear you mate, but it's not that way for anything else like a tank. Infantry can solo them, planes have a field day if they are good. Ground vehicles get overrun with ease just by game design. I don't want to solo a plane. But we don't really stand a chance on the surface to even survive when decent planes are about.

Tanks used to be able to hit hard cover from things like pro jets and with quick thinking/good positioning be fixed before the next attack run from a solo jet. But infantry are such a massive threat now, we have nowhere. The disable system is awful when you get nuked by bomber and they don't OHK me. Often I have to self repair twice to fix broken tracks. There is no way I can do this fast enough before the bomber returns to finish me off. Even if I get out and heal to full, without the emergency repair they will still take you out because I can't move due to my broken tracks.

I wouldn't mind all this if mobile aa and fixed aa had more impact on planes. Like clear this area or die. But like you mentioned, you need more than one so in this game most times mobile aa either get killed too, or don't bother. I think I saw two players position two fixed AA once with a trucks way back when there was an assignment. 

Thing is, a decent plane can take out anything and still really only is concerned about other pilots. At least in games like bf3/4, tank drivers had the option to carry a stinger to ward of air power to some degree. Here we get nothing. Not even the top gunner MG is effective anymore mainly because they die so easy.    
    I know the tanks are in a tragic state.
    The should have had more mobility and fewer disables
  • IIMechatronikII
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://gfycat.com/pl/safetidyamericanbulldog-warthun

On this gfycat we can see that bombers doesn't afraid AA tanks at all. He goes face to face. He has still 62 HP, after attack. I check it.

It should work in this way. "Hey I'm AA tank and I'm hear. This is my area, so don't fly hear because you will die (fast)."

Second. Dusting. I need to hit him two times. First shot. No damage. I'm curious when DICE are going to fix this.