Profanity Filter

frequency_jam
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This has been raised before (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1332281#Comment_1332281), but no action has been taken.

I don't expect the profanity filter to be removed, despite the fact that it's totally absurd, but my bigger issue is the characters screaming "I'M **** DYING HERE" after being killed.  Can you at least give players the option to filter that out???  My young son likes to watch me play sometimes and although I can hide the chat the only way I can avoid him hearing a guy screaming profanities is to turn off the volume.  Users should have the option as to if they want to here profanities or not.  Or, at least be consistent and let players use profanities in the chat.  Ideally players would have the option to filter the chat and the in-game character audio...  Or just change the audio, do they really need to scream "I'M **** DYING!"... 

Comments

• frequency_jam
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol, and of course here it's censored as well.  So basically EA is saying it's inappropriate to type it, but their characters in-game are allowed to scream it constantly.  Makes sense...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When it's EA nothing really makes sense these days.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 15
    lol, and of course here it's censored as well.  So basically EA is saying it's inappropriate to type it, but their characters in-game are allowed to scream it constantly.  Makes sense...
    In-game content is different to the rules of a forum.

ingame content stays ingame,  Forum appropriate content is for the forum only.

Here are the forum rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines 

:edit:
    And yes I am aware you are simply repeating what you have heard in the game,  However it is not appropriate to repeat what you have heard in the game.

We have all heard the screams when you're reaching out for a medic,  You don't need to reiterate them here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!