erhm...DICE....Fix your game?

xeNizKing
296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So let me get this straight. 

There are currently game breaking bugs in the game two of which destroy gameplay in its entirety. 

1) Infinite death unless revived bug. Yeah its a thing, you die and some how have no death timer and in some cases can shoot like you can in firestorm when downed but with no sway or accuracy penalty while at the same time you cannot redeploy you cannot do anything you just have to leave the server in order to fix it unless someone revives you but if you're unfortunately a pilot you will be out of bounds in most cases and will have to leave the server. 

2) Aircraft Resupply points not working: No health gained for repair. No Ammo. Essentially turning you into either a flying metal bunch of scrap that cannot do anything and thus wasting a plane spot giving enemy teams if they do not have the bug air dominance. 

Now, reasonably I would be of the mind that "yeah they can hotfix this they work dont they, they work hard just like everyone else right?". In what world is "must wait until next week" is a good response to game breaking bugs in the development world. 

There are literally hundreds of games that do hot-fixes. They tell you they're updating the game and you must update which is great. Hell DE who develop warframe go into overdrive mode when bugs occur trying to fix every bug they can in the shortest amount of time and I guarantee it that if there was a game-breaking bug in warframe that made playability almost non-existant they would hotfix immediately. 

How on earth are you are AAA development studio and NOT able to hot fix your own damned game and force your entire playerbase to wait a week or longer? I am assuming at this point its supposed to be next week as every "bug fix" usually is with this game. 

Unbelievable.

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's more problems than these tbh.. the infantry combat is terrible. you hit players, but it doesn't register
    Massive ones at that. like hmmmm hits doing zero damage... in ya FSP, nice :D
  • Noodlesocks
    2211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'd think they'd hotfix some of the more major bugs but that's not something Dice Sweden does.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'd think they'd hotfix some of the more major bugs but that's not something Dice Sweden does.
    Perhaps if it was a bug with the micro transactions. 
  • bigmatt9486
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys are going to make DICE cry.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited May 16
    You guys are going to make DICE cry.
    It's cool, they got a crap ton of cash off us suckers. 
  • xeNizKing
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's more problems than these tbh.. the infantry combat is terrible. you hit players, but it doesn't register
    To be honest if you want to list more than what I have for me I can just add it to the thread in an edit. This is a pretty serious issue IMO. We should not have to wait a week each time they break their own game. I mean whats the point of paying for the game or even investing in it if it was free if its unplayable.
  • wiazabi
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On 2) you can swap seat and back to get resupply working sadly you have to do this for every resupply.
  • xeNizKing
    wiazabi said:
    On 2) you can swap seat and back to get resupply working sadly you have to do this for every resupply.
    Even so its a pretty ridiculous bug :/ and even then being forced to do that every single time isn't even a band aid fix for us :/ pretty much will guarantee death in most cases.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez said:
    My favorite is "killed in action" when you die for literally no reason. Nobody around you, nothing fell, you just randomly die for no reason. 

AAA game folks. 
    Apparently, it's not 'random'.

There's this absurd bug where you get killed if the vehicle that you were previously travelling in gets destroyed, even if you left the vehicle a long time ago.

It happened to me on Hamada ... I got out of a Kubelwagen, ran from G to E, and then got 'Killed in Action'. It turns out that a teammate blew up that Kubelwagen, and as soon as he did, I died as well.

This glitch has been confirmed by Reddit users, and DICE is aware of it.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/bo9df5/
  • DigitalHype
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez said:
    My favorite is "killed in action" when you die for literally no reason. Nobody around you, nothing fell, you just randomly die for no reason. 

AAA game folks. 
    Apparently, it's not 'random'.

There's this absurd bug where you get killed if the vehicle that you were previously travelling in gets destroyed, even if you left the vehicle a long time ago.

It happened to me on Hamada ... I got out of a Kubelwagen, ran from G to E, and then got 'Killed in Action'. It turns out that a teammate blew up that Kubelwagen, and as soon as he did, I died as well.

This glitch has been confirmed by Reddit users, and DICE is aware of it.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/bo9df5/
    Thanks. That explains it. The most recent time this happened to me was about 30 seconds after leaving a half-track.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have experienced a slightly different issue with transports numerous times on Hamada. Sometimes my squad and I will all pile into a vehicle from the E flag (GOPs) and travel up the road towards G. However as soon as we go between the 2 ramparts the vehicle suddenly explodes without reason and we all die. There are no mines, no one bombed us and it just lists our names in the kill feed and prompts as killed in action.

I suspect it has something to do with how the vehicles explode and respawn if they haven't been used for a while.