Car talk.

LOLGotYerTags
11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
Are you running a nice V8?
Got a cool little Ricer car you want to show off?
Do you have a project car you're working on and want to show off the progress whilst you restore it back to its former glory?

I haven't really seen any threads on this subject on these forums so..  Let's see your rides.  o/

Comments

• Trokey66
    7789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And it's probably faster than my car!

Yes, it is me on it!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have a MK1.5 Ford Focus.

So far I have done the following : 
    • New control arms ( lower suspension component ) 
    • Chrome Angel Eye Projector headlights
    • Smoked rear lights
    • LED middle brake light + new washer pipe for the rear wiper.
    • Retrofit LED amber bulbs + Resistors spliced to remove the Hyperflash due to lower resistance.
    • Painted lower grill in moondust silver to match the bodywork

Plans for the near future : 
    • DRL strips fitted to the bottom of the headlight unit and wired into the cars internal engine bay fusebox + the negative wire connected directly to the Battery negative terminal
    • Amber DRL sequential strip to go along the top of the headlight unit but aimed in such a way as to make the "glass" glow as the turn signal moves across the strip.
    • Rear LED brake bulbs and LED amber turn signal bulbs
    • Exhaust replacement with a larger exhaust and mid-box delete
    • Aftermarket HID kit fitted to the projectors.
    • Aftermarket LED H1 bulb for the high beam ( reflector ) but the bulb will mimic the light output of a stock halogen bulb to prevent glare.
    • Replacement of the LED diodes of the "Angel eyes" with better and brighter counterparts ( requires soldering ) 

• HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 16
    Finnaly a good thread on this forum  :D

Little project ive been throwing money at here and there. 96 miata with forged H beam rods and forged pistons. Engine completely rebuilt. Building for a decent turbo setup but its still a ways from being done. Shooting for about 250 wheel but with the option to (possibly) double that power figure (generous estimate lol) if I ever decide to upgrade the drive train. 

Wish i had a more recent pic but it honestly doesnt look that different from the 2nd pic currently. Imagine all the pumps and brackets on the engine and thats about how it is.

• LOLGotYerTags
    @HonestSoul333

Oh cool!

Mazda MX5?

Good little motor if it is ( certainly looks like one! ) 
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    you know parts from the manufacturer are so expensive.
  • Phugazi
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Need to revive my 1972 Chevelle I built up in high school in the early 90s. Grew up with a love an appreciation for muscle cars and always wanted a Chevelle. Finally got one that needed some work. Over the course of my 4 years of HS, I swapped out the 3-speed stock **** for a 4-speed Muncie M22 'Rock Crusher', swapped stock 307 V8 for a rebuilt 350 4-bolt main. It's been neglected for over a decade since career, family etc... Currently in the process of buying a new house with enough garage room to show her some love again.

• LOLGotYerTags
    you know parts from the manufacturer are so expensive.
    Yeah and quite often you'll find Ebay parts are cheap copies.

Luckily for me,  the cheaper Ebay copies appear to be of decent build quality ( such as engine or gearbox mounts ) though I wouldnt reccomend buying gaskets from Ebay.

@Phugazi
    As long as it's not exposed to the elements it should hold up just fine.

My donor car ( blown engine ) is currency parked on the grass with a bunch of bricks holding it up,  though it's only going to be there for odd parts like mounts for the engine and gearbox and ofc I'm going to pull the gearbox as it has a new clutch in it.

I can forget about removing any parts such as wings though,  rust is a huge car killer.
  • Agente_Silva
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
  • LOLGotYerTags
  • Agente_Silva
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    🙂 It's been 12 years since I bought it second hand! Not a single mechanical or electronic problem... Just swapped one timing chain tensioner, front and rear dampers and front brake discs!

It's such a civilized Sunday drive under 5000 rpm... Above that it goes into trackday mode 😁 it's like having two cars in one!